ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Boardwalk Empire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229217)

vailpass 11-16-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7161554)
SHOOTER McGAVIN!

Ha! I didn't catch that but my wife did. Suddenly she blurts out "Shooter McGavin!".
She always catches things like that before me. Its cool but at the same time it pisses me off.

Jenson71 11-16-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7175869)
I'm all for slow burns but I was growing weary a bit, if I'm honest. But there's always a well-placed spark. First, when they kill the four guys in Chicago. Second, the cabbie shooting the witness.

A bit of a nod to Coppola, I think.

I look forward to this show every week. The one thing that I dislike is the overwhelming, heavy-handed sex. Other than that, every week I come away wanting to look stuff up. What was Warren Harding's mistress really like?

vailpass 11-16-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 7177462)

I look forward to this show every week. The one thing that I dislike is the overwhelming, heavy-handed sex. Other than that, every week I come away wanting to look stuff up. What was Warren Harding's mistress really like?

And was Harding's wife as scary in real life as she was in that episode?

irishjayhawk 11-16-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 7177462)

That's annoyed me too. But to an extent, it also fits the characters.

BigRedChief 11-16-2010 09:54 PM

yep, this show is on track now.

tomahawk kid 11-17-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7176895)
He really likes the ladies, the last few times Nucky has called on him to leave he was with a girl. I think it is setting something up.

I agree.

They've been inferring he's a ladies man for a reason to be sure......

Miles 11-25-2010 03:19 PM

This show has been outstanding. Bit of a slow burn, but every week were are several excellently written and shot scenes and things are building. Several characters are starting to stand out as badass as well.

eazyb81 12-01-2010 09:30 AM

This last episode was a bit slow, but it was interesting to see that old guy is Jimmy's dad. It could be interesting to see if Jimmy begins to believe he should be the one ruling AC, not Nucky.

I have a feeling the finale is going to rock. Can't wait to see how the Rothstein story plays out.

irishjayhawk 12-06-2010 06:40 AM

Was there a bombshell at the end of the music montage?

It was running over and I hadn't DVR'd Walking Dead so I left a bit early while the montage was still running. Did I miss anything?

Art Vader 12-06-2010 06:58 AM

this show is so sick! slow at times but the production value is outstanding and the characters are incredible. Richard Harrow ftw

eazyb81 12-06-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7231466)
Was there a bombshell at the end of the music montage?

It was running over and I hadn't DVR'd Walking Dead so I left a bit early while the montage was still running. Did I miss anything?

No, which was kind of disappointing. It is just the finale to season one, but I was hoping for a really shocking end.

Still a great first season though and the show is definitely on my must-watch list when it begins airing again.

Need to find a new HBO show to watch now though.

Gadzooks 12-06-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7231857)
No, which was kind of disappointing. It is just the finale to season one, but I was hoping for a really shocking end.

Still a great first season though and the show is definitely on my must-watch list when it begins airing again.

That was the season finale?!?

irishjayhawk 12-06-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7231857)

Game of Thrones is coming...

Los Pollos Hermanos 12-09-2010 10:16 AM

So, how does the Federal agent get away with calling his partner's death a heart attack when he drowned him in front of 40 witnesses?

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2011 01:41 AM

Just got info that my cousin will have an recurring role as an FBI Agent on the show :rockon: