ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

Jerm 03-27-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9533839)
If the Chiefs draft Geno @1-1, that puts Alex in the the choke collar. One false snap and yank...

It'd be a brilliant move if you think about it...

It'd push Smith to be at his best day in and day out so theoretically we'd be getting the most out of him and if not, you bring in the young, hungry talented rookie who wants to prove himself.

ToxSocks 03-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9533803)
I think this is smoke to build value.

Not buying it. Not even for a second. Teams don't bring a player in for a two day private work out as a smokescreen. The number of private workouts a team gets are limited iirc. If that's the case, why would they waste a valuable workout on a smokescreen.

Also, a better smoke screen would be to spread rumors that JAX is interested in Geno, thus forcing teams to have to jump them to get Geno. If the Chiefs called Philly and said, "Hey, if you don't trade with us, we're drafting Geno", then Philly would probably call their bluff.

The Smokescreen thing just doesn't add up.

You know what DOES make sense though? That the Chiefs are doing their homework on all of the top 10 players, and Geno just happens to be one of them.

That's all this workout means. That the Chiefs do in fact have an interest, would like to work him out, and then figure out where he belongs on their board.

Maybe it's #1. Maybe it's #10.....

tecumseh 03-27-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9533841)
It'd be a brilliant move if you think about it...

It'd push Smith to be at his best day in and day out so theoretically we'd be getting the most out of him and if not, you bring in the young, hungry talented rookie who wants to prove himself.

Occasionally, I think about it. Brilliant move.

ToxSocks 03-27-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

If the Chiefs draft Geno @1-1, that puts Alex in the the choke collar. One false snap and yank...

I don't agree.

I think Alex would be given the whole season. He would have to be Cassel-ish to get benched imo.

I think if they drafted Geno, then that would make the Alex Smith Trade look better. I'm sure most on this forum would disagree with me and call it a waste blah blah blah, but i don't see it that way at all.

jd1020 03-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9533843)
Not buying it. Not even for a second. Teams don't bring a player in for a two day private work out as a smokescreen. The number of private workouts a team gets are limited iirc. If that's the case, why would they waste a valuable workout on a smokescreen.

They get like 30, though.

How many players are they going to work out for the #1 pick?

They could trade back a bit but you are still looking at the same pool of players.

They could work out some players for their #2 pick but, well.... :banghead:

The Franchise 03-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Bet not. Alex Smith would be our QB for 2013 barring an injury or an 0-8 start.

Buckweath 03-27-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9533843)

Also, a better smoke screen would be to spread rumors that JAX is interested in Geno, thus forcing teams to have to jump them to get Geno. If the Chiefs called Philly and said, "Hey, if you don't trade with us, we're drafting Geno", then Philly would probably call their bluff.

The Smokescreen thing just doesn't add up.

You know what DOES make sense though? That the Chiefs are doing their homework on all of the top 10 players, and Geno just happens to be one of them.

That's all this workout means. That the Chiefs do in fact have an interest, would like to work him out, and then figure out where he belongs on their board.

Maybe it's #1. Maybe it's #10.....

I perfectly agree with you.

penbrook 03-27-2013 05:27 PM

Millner visit is only 1 day btw.

Smith to KC is a very real possibility.

Ace Gunner 03-27-2013 05:29 PM

I am going to assume QB Daniel would be the BU to AS. But hey, Reid does appear to be shy sitting QB's when they suck -- if Daniel doesn't do it then Reid will look to the next guy.

okcchief 03-27-2013 05:29 PM

Hey, I've said all along keep taking and picking up QBs until you find one. If we don't trade Albert we don't have a massive hole that needs to be filled with the first pick anyway. We can get quality players later on. If they like Geno I'm all for it. Of course if we get multiple picks or better yet dump Alex Smith on some other team even ****ing better.

tecumseh 03-27-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9533850)
I don't agree.

I think Alex would be given the whole season. He would have to be Cassel-ish to get benched imo.

I think if they drafted Geno, then that would make the Alex Smith Trade look better. I'm sure most on this forum would disagree with me and call it a waste blah blah blah, but i don't see it that way at all.

You equivocate. Choke collar= short leash=Cassel-ish. If Alex has sad numbers and Chiefs are 1-3. If Genos sitting on the bench, AR would be itching to make a switch. So you really DO agree. see.

jd1020 03-27-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9533867)
You equivocate. Choke collar= short leash=Cassel-ish. If Alex has sad numbers and Chiefs are 1-3. If Genos sitting on the bench, AR would be itching to make a switch. So you really DO agree. see.

Reid didn't trade 2 high picks to bench Alex after 4 games.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-27-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9533811)
Why does Geno need to sit two years when guys like Weeden, Tannehill, Wilson, RGIII, Sanchez and others didn't?

Sanchez was a 1 year starter as a Jr. and should have sat.

tecumseh 03-27-2013 05:34 PM

Ok , maybe 2-6.

jd1020 03-27-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9533872)
Sanchez was a 1 year starter as a Jr. and should have sat.

Sitting him wouldn't have helped.

He's a garbage QB who can't throw the ball consistently.