ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Cheap Vegas packages? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261745)

mikeyis4dcats. 02-27-2013 09:38 PM

lol, pretty much all of them excpet harrah's imho. most are pretty dated. check the tripadvior review. so long as you know what you're getting into....

Dartgod 02-27-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9449165)
lol, pretty much all of them excpet harrah's imho. most are pretty dated. check the tripadvior review. so long as you know what you're getting into....

I haven't been in there, but the Tropicana was renovated recently.

I'd stay at Flamingo too. Them and Harrah's have the best location on his list.

Ceej 02-27-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9449165)

By no means am I looking for something all glitzy and glamorous.

Just something convenient, well priced, no special fees and on the main strip.

Really looking into the Luxor, Tropicana and Excalibur currently.

Nzoner 02-28-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8836510)
find a sports book in a Strip Hotel. Place a bet or two on games, drink all day for free.

Unfortunately it's not like that anymore,you now get drink tickets and sometimes not even that unless you ask.The last two properties that I know of that still does it are both off strip,The Hilton and The Rio.

DaKCMan AP 02-28-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9449253)
By no means am I looking for something all glitzy and glamorous.

Just something convenient, well priced, no special fees and on the main strip.

Really looking into the Luxor, Tropicana and Excalibur currently.

I would stay away from Excalibur.

I'm in Vegas over Memorial Day weekend for a meeting about 1 mile off the strip. For the final night I booked a room @ Ballys for $57 after all taxes & fees. Mostly due to location and the fact that I won't be spending much time in the room.

Jenson71 02-28-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9447550)
Shameless bump (and not to overtake cable's thread, which sounds ****ing tasty).

My girlfriend found some pretty good packages (hotel + airfare) today. All of these prices are per person.

CircusCircus - $308
Stratosphere - $420
Riviera - $429
Excalibur - $469
Luxor - $469
Flamingo - $490
Harrahs - $494
Monte Carlo - $536
Trump - $507
Tropicana - $433

Any of those places I should avoid like the plague based off of your guys' experiences?

I would not stay at the Statosphere, because it's a little too far away from the heart of the strip. I think the heart of the strip is Paris. Of the options, for pure location reasons, I would stay at Flamingo.

I've stayed at Monte Carlo, and I liked it. Good location, and a nice hotel.

DaKCMan AP 02-28-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9450150)
I would not stay at the Statosphere, because it's a little too far away from the heart of the strip. I think the heart of the strip is Paris. Of the options, for pure location reasons, I would stay at Flamingo.

I've stayed at Monte Carlo, and I liked it. Good location, and a nice hotel.

Yes - Paris is centrally located. We stayed there for one of my friend's bachelor parties and the location was excellent.

Stratosphere is far, so I also wouldn't stay there, but I do recommend trekking out there because it was one of our favorite stops (the rides on the top, good sports book, and we had luck at the tables).

cookster50 02-28-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9447550)

My girlfriend found some pretty good packages today.

Seriously, this dude says the above and the planet doesn't jump on it? Man, this place is slipping like a clam down the old gizzard.

Ceej 02-28-2013 07:46 AM

What's everyone's thought on Harrah's?

I am trying to remember its location. I don't think it was terribly out of the way.

Dartgod 02-28-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9450202)

I am trying to remember its location. I don't think it was terribly out of the way.

Harrah's is near center strip. Great location.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-28-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9450202)

next to what was Imperial Palace. You can also stay at the Rio and shuttle for free to Harrahs.

Ceej 04-04-2013 04:17 PM

So, it appears as if we're going to be staying at Harrah's and flying through Allegiant. The stay will be Thursday-Monday.

Right now our to-do list consists of Bellagio fountains, Wax Museum, Goretorium, and drinking bloody Mary's all day Sunday while watching football.

If there are any CPers in or around Vegas I'd be more than happy to visit with you and share a beverage. Right now it'll be me, plus Ms. Jizzles, Mr. and Mrs. Plow. (here's looking at you lew!)

I don't feel like googling, but what are some must-dos in Vegas, that you guys have done. Is the Goretorium with it?

Last time I was in Vegas I stayed at Mandalay Bay and I kick myself in my own nuts for not visiting their aquarium.

Thanks!
-Cody

Old Dog 04-04-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9557436)
I don't feel like googling, but what are some must-dos in Vegas, that you guys have done.

You golf?

Ceej 04-04-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9557446)
You golf?

Not well! :thumb:

mikeyis4dcats. 04-04-2013 06:08 PM

Hoover Dam is a neat trip.

Spend some time downtown...