ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Drugs and alcohol (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269487)

-King- 01-30-2013 02:54 PM

Yes.

I am biased because I don't drink much but I do smoke. You can control what you do when you're high, but not when you're drunk. It's not even a comparison which one is more dangerous.

Molitoth 01-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9365273)
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's only a matter of time at this point. Colorado and Washington will prove that it's no big deal over the next few years, and then things will move pretty quickly for the rest of the country. I'd be surprised if more than a handful of states still have it illegal a decade from now.

The last states to legalize will be Kansas and Missouri, just you watch.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9365273)
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's only a matter of time at this point. Colorado and Washington will prove that it's no big deal over the next few years, and then things will move pretty quickly for the rest of the country. I'd be surprised if more than a handful of states still have it illegal a decade from now.

That's the one good thing about living in Iowa, we'll be towards the front of the line.

-King- 01-30-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9365215)
Because weed is not fun, AT ALL IMO. Truth be told, I do agree it's less dangerous than alcohol. But it is like the least fun drug ever. Makes me just want to sit around, do nothing, and stare at something.

Have you ever jerked off while high? No lie, it will change your life.

DaFace 01-30-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9365280)
The last states to legalize will be Kansas and Missouri, just you watch.

Wouldn't surprise me - especially Kansas.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365274)
Yes.

I am biased because I don't drink much but I do smoke. You can control what you do when you're high, but not when you're drunk. It's not even a comparison which one is more dangerous.

You certainly CAN control what you do when you're drinking but if you're capable, I would argue you're NOT DRUNK. ;)

The point of gratification with drink is just slightly past the point of no return. No thanks, do not enjoy.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365285)

OMFG

TMI

TMI

-King- 01-30-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365289)
You certainly CAN control what you do when you're drinking but if you're capable, I would argue you're NOT DRUNK. ;)

The point of gratification with drink is just slightly past the point of no return. No thanks, do not enjoy.

I've only been drunk once in my life. I just don't enjoy the feeling of not knowing what you did the previous day. I don't understand how people like that.

Chief Roundup 01-30-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9365285)

Uh how about just having the real thing instead of your hand.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9364943)
I work with some high profile individuals in companies with household names.

The idea that potheads are all burned-out losers is fallacious to say the least.

Many of the most successful people I know smoke every single day. Some guys smoke when they work because they say is keeps them "focused", other do it to chill the **** out after a long day.

It's pure fallacy that it makes you a complete couch potato that doesn't give a shit about life.

DaFace 01-30-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365323)
Many of the most successful people I know smoke every single day. Some guys smoke when they work because they say is keeps them "focused", other do it to chill the **** out after a long day.

It's pure fallacy that it makes you a complete couch potato that doesn't give a shit about life.

I think most of the perception stems from the fact that it IS illegal. Since that's the case, people who are trying to get ahead in life keep it covert, while those who are more of the "burn out" types don't care and, thus, are more visible.

As it becomes more commonly accepted, I think the perception will slowly change.

Strongside 01-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9365323)

Basically half my family are functioning stoners. It's never been my thing, but I don't demonize it. I'm for legalization 100%. Take money from the dealers and cartels and help out our national debt...it only makes sense.

So many people hate this 'drug' without ever having tried it or done any actual research on it. Sure, people can abuse it...just like anything. Obesity is our country's biggest issue right now, but we're not banning cholesterol.

There is a reason that any pot dealer you encounter doesn't want this thing legalized. These guys are illegally making money hand over fist off of the shit. People are dying in mass numbers every day in Mexico because of it. Legalize it, tax it, and treat it with the same laws as alcohol.

It also bothers me when people pull the 'drugs destroy families' card when it comes to pot. The only way pot destroys your family is if the individual(s) using it don't have their priorities straight. They, like I said before, abuse it...lose motivation and become content. My dad has smoked grass for as long as I can remember. I knew from an early age that it was illegal, but I never understood why. He didn't abuse it, he didn't become mean when he was on it (like he did when he drank) and he wasn't hurting anyone. My mom doesn't smoke, but they got along fine and still do. You could easily say that he was setting a bad example for his kids, but I don't smoke today either...and if that did pop into your head, do you drink in front of your kids? Because it's the same damn thing.

The bottom line is that if you drink, don't hate on pot. It's virtually the same concept. One directly kills people in mass numbers though, and it ain't the trees.

bevischief 01-30-2013 03:27 PM

Make it legal and tax it. There is so many uses for it, it is not funny. Between the tax benefit and the releasing of the people in prison for it would free up a lot money. Just apply the same laws as cigarettes for smoking it in public and apply

Strongside 01-30-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9365360)
Make it legal and tax it. There is so many uses for it, it is not funny. Between the tax benefit and the releasing of the people in prison for it would free up a lot money. Just apply the same laws as cigarettes for smoking it in public and apply

The prison release thing is a whole different animal. You can't just release guys that went in 10 years ago on a pot bust and have since become institutionalized criminals. It's sad, but a large portion of those who go through the penal system come out far worse than when they went in. It dehumanizes people, puts you into a routine, and, in some cases, turns people into killers.

BigMeatballDave 01-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9365265)
Yeah. And you know what else sucks? Tits and ass. Boring.....

Also, I've always found BBQ to be bland and nasty.

LMAO