ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports UFC 158: GSP vs Nick Diaz - Title Fight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271226)

Otter 03-16-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9507732)
Silva would ****ing murder GSP....so much so I don't think Dana White wants that fight to happen.

Outside of landing a lucky punch under the ear I don't see anyone "murdering" GSP. Even Silva. Winning maybe. "Murder"? Not by a ****ing long shot.

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9507741)
Why do you think that is? Does he see something in Jones that is a major concern? Or is he just afraid of tarnishing his legacy by risking the weight class move and losing?

When he has moved up it's always been very safe fights. Griffin and Bonner were no threat to him so I think he is more concerned about losing although I think he would still be the favorite against any LWH, maybe Jones is even money at best.

Otter 03-16-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9507740)
Hendricks/GSP will be a hell of a fight, I'll say that much. The takedown/takedown defense battle will be amazing. It could either be a better version of tonight's Main Event (eg, Hendricks defends the takedowns, and forces better standup action), or it could be a VERY technical ground game. Hendricks is no joke. Condit is amazing, too. If Hendricks could beat GSP, I'll bet we see Hendricks/Condit II before Hendricks/GSP II.

Tonight was the first time I've ever seen Hendricks fight. That dude is Pit Bull.

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9507746)
Tonight was the first time I've ever seen Hendricks fight. That dude is Pit Bull.

And that's probably the worst I've seen him. The dude packs a punch, but Condit took it well.

It will interesting to see how GSP plans for him. I don't think Johnnie has ever been on his back and it's tough to dodge that left for 5 rounds. Probably a lot of kicks circling left, and keeping his distance. Probably a lot of that jump in and out jab he's so good with.

Stanley Nickels 03-16-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9507745)
When he has moved up it's always been very safe fights. Griffin and Bonner were no threat to him so I think he is more concerned about losing although I think he would still be the favorite against any LWH, maybe Jones is even money at best.

Gah, I have no earthly idea who would win that one. I could make arguments for both, and I can't even come up with an "in the end, I think it'd be..." scenario.

Buck 03-16-2013 11:45 PM

Yeah Condit can really take some shots.

Otter 03-16-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9507750)
And that's probably the worst I've seen him. The dude packs a punch, but Condit took it well.

Yeah, he has Viking, Mongol blood. Don't know how he slipped under the radar.

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9507752)
Gah, I have no earthly idea who would win that one. I could make arguments for both, and I can't even come up with an "in the end, I think it'd be..." scenario.

Bones is just so much bigger and stronge if he gets the take down it's probably ugly for Anderson. It's just a question of getting through those crazy strikes.

New World Order 03-17-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9507671)
Wow. Some of you guys are straight out ****ing idiots. Lay n pray? Almost half the fight was standing up, and Diaz's face was smashed.

I hate haters. pillowbitergots.

He has not truly finished a fight in 5 years. He plays it safe and that is what most fans hate about GSP. There is a reason every fight he has had as of late is in his hometown.

New World Order 03-17-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9507750)

It will interesting to see how GSP plans for him. I don't think Johnnie has ever been on his back and it's tough to dodge that left for 5 rounds. Probably a lot of kicks circling left, and keeping his distance. Probably a lot of that jump in and out jab he's so good with.

If there is a recipe to beat GSP it's great takedown defense and ko power, hendricks has both.

Valiant 03-17-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9507864)
He has not truly finished a fight in 5 years. He plays it safe and that is what most fans hate about GSP. There is a reason every fight he has had as of late is in his hometown.

He is the champ.. Should be able to fight wherever he wants it to be..

TheGuardian 03-17-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9507864)

He's the champ. He's beaten everyone put in front of him. If fans want to hate a champ then fine. But it's hilarious that people say he does lay n pray. People who say that don't have a god damn brain.

And Silva will destroy Jones. The difference in their ability at stand up is just light years apart. Jones so far, as gotten by on his reach for the most part. Machida was taking him apart in the first round until Jones cut him open in the second. Silva will toy with him for a while then finish him.

BigCatDaddy 03-17-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9508029)
He's the champ. He's beaten everyone put in front of him. If fans want to hate a champ then fine. But it's hilarious that people say he does lay n pray. People who say that don't have a god damn brain.

And Silva will destroy Jones. The difference in their ability at stand up is just light years apart. Jones so far, as gotten by on his reach for the most part. Machida was taking him apart in the first round until Jones cut him open in the second. Silva will toy with him for a while then finish him.

Sometimes it's ok to not have an opinion if you don't know what the **** you're talking about. Lay and pray my ass.

"Even when the two were upright, Diaz got the worst of it.

St-Pierre landed 105 of 167 punches, according to FightMetric. Diaz landed 41 of 136 attempts, including only four over the first two rounds. But this was a vintage St-Pierre fight, a calculated one where the longtime champ kept an eye on the clock as he earned the win."

New World Order 03-17-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9508029)

A lot of his title fights have been lay n pray. He certainly has the right to do what he wants, the Diaz fight was not a lay and pray (was first 2 rounds) Go back and watch the Condit fight, that's all GSP did.

I would love to see jones/silva, although I think Jones would ragdoll him.

TheGuardian 03-17-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9508061)
A lot of his title fights have been lay n pray. He certainly has the right to do what he wants, the Diaz fight was not a lay and pray (was first 2 rounds) Go back and watch the Condit fight, that's all GSP did.

I would love to see jones/silva, although I think Jones would ragdoll him.

Jones would rag doll Silva...........JFC