ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

stumppy 10-06-2006 09:16 PM

Well, pretty damn good. Kept me glued to the TV through the whole two hours.
Except for all the damn commercials.

BSG ROCKS.

Bowser 10-07-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief2000
Stargate -crap

Battlestar- original show was better.

All of it uninspiring, unoriginal recycled crap.

Dr. Who is the only show on SciFi that is actual SciFi.

Everything else are horror shows targetted for women.

What the shit?

You know Dr. Who is unoriginal recycled crap, right?

You fry more brain cells per day than the normal human, I'm afraid.

Bowser 10-07-2006 12:40 AM

Here's how my day went, in a nutshell......

Walked out of the house forgetting to set the DVD burner for BSG.

Called wife to remind her to set DVD burner for BSG.

Wife walks out of the house forgetting to set the DVD burner for BSG.

:thumb:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10-07-2006 03:36 AM

Sorry, I can't join you guys doing the TV SF thing.

I'm in St. Louis doing the SF Convention thing (Archon). Been a good two days so far and two to go.

(And DAYUM, where were all these scantily clad women at SF conventions when I was young and single?)

Mr. Laz 10-07-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Here's how my day went, in a nutshell......

Walked out of the house forgetting to set the DVD burner for BSG.

Called wife to remind her to set DVD burner for BSG.

Wife walks out of the house forgetting to set the DVD burner for BSG.

:thumb:

no worries ... they are showing repeats of the season premiere about 6 times this week.

:D

Bowser 01-21-2007 06:53 PM

Reminder - Battlestar Galactica starts up TONIGHT at 9 pm.

Also gonna put the Dresden Files in the cue. It looks pretty interesting.

Lzen 01-21-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Reminder - Battlestar Galactica starts up TONIGHT at 9 pm.

Also gonna put the Dresden Files in the cue. It looks pretty interesting.

Hey, thanks Bowser. I didn't realize it was starting up again. WTF? Did they change the day they're airing it? Or is this a one time thing?

Bowser 01-21-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Hey, thanks Bowser. I didn't realize it was starting up again. WTF? Did they change the day they're airing it? Or is this a one time thing?

Nope, it's now on Sunday nights. I haven't checked out their Friday night schedule lately, so I don't know what the deal is.

Did you catch the episode? Thank god for TIVO.

Discuss Thrower 01-22-2007 12:06 AM

Tonights episode left me unsatisfied, and it went by quickly.

And it opened the door for more "omg who's the Cylon" nonsense.

And the writers should be ****ing SHOT for this whole Lee/Starbuck/Dee/Anders love parallelogram that they brought out of the dark cellar that is fan fiction. I'd die to have someone as cute as Dee, Apollo is a frakking moron.

ChiefaRoo 01-22-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988

And the writers should be ****ing SHOT for this whole Lee/Starbuck/Dee/Anders love parallelogram that they brought out of the dark cellar that is fan fiction. I'd die to have someone as cute as Dee, Apollo is a frakking moron.

I agree not the best written show but still entertaining. The whole mixed up love thing is just pointless.

Bowser 01-22-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Agree, mostly. The love story is pretty hokie, although they do seem to work it in OK with the dark setting of the story. I guess there needs to be more subplots than just "OMG, teh Cylons are here, too! JUMP!!"

The "who's the Cylon" story is interesting, to me at least. You know Baltar is a Cylon, and for some reason, I have a feeling President Roslyn is one, too.

Discuss Thrower 01-22-2007 12:48 AM

I'm all for relationships being a sideplot for such a dark show, it's good. Problem is, it just doesn't FEEL right if you consider the Old BSG. Starbuck and Apollo are supposed to be buddies, Starbuck being the rougesque toughguy and Apollo being the straightman. I'm okay with the gender switch, but making Apollo/Starbuck lovers is just ****ed up.

Silock 01-22-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

You know Baltar is a Cylon, and for some reason, I have a feeling President Roslyn is one, too.

I don't think we know for sure that Baltar is a Cylon, and if he ended up to be one, I'd be very, very disappointed in the writers. That's such a copout.

As for Roslyn, she can't be a Cylon. She had cancer, and Cylon blood cured hers.

Fish 01-22-2007 09:35 AM

Anybody watch the Dresden Files? Totally missed it last night......

trndobrd 01-22-2007 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I'm all for relationships being a sideplot for such a dark show, it's good. Problem is, it just doesn't FEEL right if you consider the Old BSG. Starbuck and Apollo are supposed to be buddies, Starbuck being the rougesque toughguy and Apollo being the straightman. I'm okay with the gender switch, but making Apollo/Starbuck lovers is just ****ed up.

Are you sure they weren't in the original series?

z