ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

vailpass 05-20-2013 11:29 AM

Too big a story to contain, they've lost the handle. Need to reel it back in.

MagicHef 05-20-2013 11:57 AM

Oh, also Bran was not in this episode. They are only covering half the storylines each episode, but that is still way more stories than most shows have. I think they're doing an incredible job so far.

kysirsoze 05-20-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9694274)
Oh, also Bran was not in this episode. They are only covering half the storylines each episode, but that is still way more stories than most shows have. I think they're doing an incredible job so far.

It's an impressive juggling act, for sure, but if they have one more Theon torturing scene, I'll be tempted to just turn it off. I could also do with fewer arm in arm slowly walking chatting/threatening/scheming scenes. I know it's basically a political thriller, but all this telling with little to no doing is wearing extremely thin. These better be two amazing episodes.

duncan_idaho 05-20-2013 01:59 PM

The Good News: Emilia Clarke gets the kit off again, and - dare I say - looks even better than she did the last time.

The Bad News: This was our shot to see if her nudity would get pushed any further (some of her comments might have led one to believe this). It didn't. Shame.

tomahawk kid 05-20-2013 02:12 PM

What was up with all the crows in the weirwood tree at the end?

duncan_idaho 05-20-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9694651)
What was up with all the crows in the weirwood tree at the end?

Crows don't like white walkers.

Spoiler!

raybec 4 05-20-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9694668)
Crows don't like white walkers.

Spoiler!

Doesn't cold hands have ravens that followed him?

Setsuna 05-20-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9694817)

He does. And they and he kill wights to save Sam and Gilly. To not show Catelyn, Robb, etc before the most important event of this season is downright stupid.

GET THAT SPOILER TAG OUT OF THIS THREAD!

duncan_idaho 05-20-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9694817)

He did. Cold Hands' origin is going to be interesting. Ben Stark is a common suggestion, as is the Night's King or the Night's King's son.

Pants 05-20-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9695237)
He did. Cold Hands' origin is going to be interesting. Ben Stark is a common suggestion, as is the Night's King or the Night's King's son.

Who is this Night's King you speak of?

duncan_idaho 05-20-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9696396)
Who is this Night's King you speak of?

Legendary Northern figure who banged an Other chick and set himself up as King of the Nightfort.

YOu can read about him here.

Pants 05-20-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9696451)
Legendary Northern figure who banged an Other chick and set himself up as King of the Nightfort.

YOu can read about him here.

ASOS, chapter 56, eh? I don't remember that AT ALL. Thanks, man.

Bowser 05-21-2013 02:51 PM

I finally got the wife to start reading the books, and she is TEARING through them. Completely addicted, and that comes after months/years of me telling her she would love the series, but her giving the "meh" response. Vindication! She's almost done with Clash now.

I love ****ing with her when she makes comments/asks about stuff: "OMG how the hell could Theon just kill Bran and Rikkon?" "I know, crazy, huh?" Hours of entertainment. :D

Setsuna 05-21-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9697662)
I finally got the wife to start reading the books, and she is TEARING through them. Completely addicted, and that comes after months/years of me telling her she would love the series, but her giving the "meh" response. Vindication! She's almost done with Clash now.

I love ****ing with her when she makes comments/asks about stuff: "OMG how the hell could Theon just kill Bran and Rikkon?" "I know, crazy, huh?" Hours of entertainment. :D

You must not like sex. You're awesome.

But yeah Night's King is a freaking beast. I kind of maybe want that for Jon but he's due to rebuild Valyria with Arya as his Queen. And Val and Dany as his consorts.

vailpass 05-23-2013 08:06 AM

Can't wait to see Arya stumbling around as a blind girl assassin in training.