ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

warpaint* 11-10-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 10173294)
Umm Baylor has almost no shot at the NCG.

And Baylor has the privilege of having the state of Texas and it's recruiting base for a backyard. Can Kansas claim that? No, so there is no comparison with Kansas and Baylor.

They need some help but that is a gross exaggeration. If this year is like most there will be plenty of shuffling the next 2-3 weeks.

Saul Good 11-10-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9682196)
Maybe we saw what happened with that mega-bust WR you signed, and decided to show a little humility. Bragging about a guy who's never played seems a bit brash.

The Jayhawks have 8 TD receptions on the season. DGB has 9 by himself.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10175727)
The Jayhawks have 8 TD receptions on the season. DGB has 9 by himself.

Well they have 8 rushing touchdowns on the season, and Henry Josey has 10 by himself. (Murphy has 7, so he's almost being KU by himself.)

And you forgot Washington. He also has 9 TDs on the season.

tredadda 11-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10173880)
SEC has 5 of the top 11 in the AP, 7 in the top 25, and Ole Miss is 26th.

Where does Sagarin have them ranked? That is what is most important./PB

kchero 11-10-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10176486)
Where does Sagarin have them ranked? That is what is most important./PB

LMAO I am sure they will come up with something to disprove logic.

Saul Good 11-10-2013 09:40 PM

Baylor got jumped.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 09:54 PM

I think those rankings are good. Alabama and FSU are unquestioned 1-2. Then you have the undefeated teams that haven't played anyone. Then you have all the 1 loss teams, and who can make any distinction between those? It's wide open this year.

tredadda 11-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10176776)
I think those rankings are good. Alabama and FSU are unquestioned 1-2. Then you have the undefeated teams that haven't played anyone. Then you have all the 1 loss teams, and who can make any distinction between those? It's wide open this year.

Missouri just needs to win out and they should get a BCS bowl berth. That might be easier said than done considering they face Ole Miss and aTm. If and it is a big IF UGA can defeat Auburn this week, MU is in the drivers seat for for the SECCG. Regardless of how they perform in that they should still get a BCS berth.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10176834)
Missouri just needs to win out and they should get a BCS bowl berth. That might be easier said than done considering they face Ole Miss and aTm. If and it is a big IF UGA can defeat Auburn this week, MU is in the drivers seat for for the SECCG. Regardless of how they perform in that they should still get a BCS berth.

I know most people don't see us winning out, but I think we have a better chance than most people would give us.

Both our remaining games are going to be tough, but Ole Miss is an unranked team, we should win that game even though it's on the road.

A&M isn't as good as they were last year, we should be able to score with them. Why can't we win?

I think our chances to win out are 50/50.

tredadda 11-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177077)
I know most people don't see us winning out, but I think we have a better chance than most people would give us.

Both our remaining games are going to be tough, but Ole Miss is an unranked team, we should win that game even though it's on the road.

A&M isn't as good as they were last year, we should be able to score with them. Why can't we win?

I think our chances to win out are 50/50.

Not saying they can't win, just it will be easier said than done. They won't be facing Tennessee and Kentucky. They are better than Ole Miss and aTm but they could easily lose if they have an off game.

Bowser 11-10-2013 11:39 PM

That aTm defense is 2004 Chiefs bad, but Manziel is just flat playing out of his mind. He's going to be a handful for our "no adjustments made during a game" defensive coordinator. Hopefully Franklin is FULLY healed for that game.

eazyb81 11-11-2013 05:38 AM

I'm concerned Franklin is going to be rusty and we're going to be in a Grbac/Gannon situation. Hope I'm wrong.

Eleazar 11-11-2013 06:52 AM

Gannon outplayed the starter, that's why there was a controversy. While Mauk showed some promise and is only a freshman, we don't have the same situation here

Bambi 11-11-2013 08:36 AM

Baylor moves up a spot. Jumping Oregon.

Bambi 11-11-2013 08:37 AM

Missouri wins and falls a spot.

ouch