ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

cabletech94 02-10-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10424497)
No worries guys.

Thank you for using the "Spoiler" tag.

what issue are you on? like 10 or so? everyone dies in issue 11. EVERYONE.

/the end

i'm such a dick (butt)

notorious 02-10-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10426317)
what issue are you on? like 10 or so? everyone dies in issue 11. EVERYONE.

/the end

i'm such a dick (butt)

http://i.imgur.com/HqmId.gif

cabletech94 02-10-2014 11:28 PM

:LOL:LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10426364)

Gonzo 02-10-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10425745)
Don't forget about the zombie that picked up the rock to smash through the window at the department store in Atlanta.

Maybe their collective IQ goes up when they're in a horde?

I know, right? LMAO
Maybe the group is getting closer to Florida. Do you think inbred zombies are dumber than ordinary ones?
Well, then again I'd bet Florida zombies likely starve to death since they're toothless anyway.

Skyy God 02-12-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10425919)
Explain why?

Got some backstory and single character development that was solid imo

Because this show's strength isn't character development. If it was, I would give a shit about Coral (Andrew Lincoln can't pronounce Carl, apparently).

Fire Me Boy! 02-12-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10429433)
Because this show's strength isn't character development. If it was, I would give a shit about Coral (Andrew Lincoln can't pronounce Carl, apparently).

He's an English dude doing a fairly respectable Southern accent... give him a break.

And actually, the show has done a lot of character development. A lot of these slower episodes are character building and make you care about the character. Have you watched the show before?

Skyy God 02-12-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10429443)
He's an English dude doing a fairly respectable Southern accent... give him a break.

And actually, the show has done a lot of character development. A lot of these slower episodes are character building and make you care about the character. Have you watched the show before?

It's a pretty common criticism of the show that the characters are thinly written.

BigMeatballDave 02-12-2014 12:59 PM

Cave Johnson, knit-picking extraordinaire.

Gonzo 02-12-2014 01:58 PM

Dude, did you not watch the last few episodes? They were all about development for chrissakes. Three episodes developing the govenor, an entire episode about Carl and Michonne? Where have you been?

Radar Chief 02-12-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10429732)
Dude, did you not watch the last few episodes? They were all about development for chrissakes. Three episodes developing the govenor, an entire episode about Carl and Michonne? Where have you been?

Paying more attention to the critics than the actual show, apparently.

Radar Chief 02-12-2014 02:21 PM

Not to drop any spoilers here but the forward by Kirkman in the first comic talks about how he hopes this series doesn’t come across as horror because it’s intended as a story of survival. How ordinary people would deal with extraordinary circumstances.
I think the TV show does a good job of honoring that intent.

cookster50 02-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10429768)
Not to drop any spoilers here but the forward by Kirkman in the first comic talks about how he hopes this series doesn’t come across as horror because it’s intended as a story of survival. How ordinary people would deal with extraordinary circumstances.
I think the TV show does a good job of honoring that intent.

Holy crap put that in spoilers. You just ruined the entire show.

penguinz 02-13-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 10431666)
Holy crap put that in spoilers. You just ruined the entire show.

How? It is very obvious by watching the show that it is not about zombies eating people. It is about how people struggle to survive in a situation that the majority are not capable of surviving.

seaofred 02-13-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10431783)
How? It is very obvious by watching the show that it is not about zombies eating people. It is about how people struggle to survive in a situation that the majority are not capable of surviving.

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

Radar Chief 02-13-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10431810)

About the spoilers, yes. :thumb:

penguinz 02-13-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10431810)

Too tired to figure out what is a joke or not. :'(

Radar Chief 02-13-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10431843)
Too tired to figure out what is a joke or not. :'(

Monday after the show FMB and I got Notorious mad at us for talking in spoiler tags.
Just a little joke, no big deal.

The Franchise 02-13-2014 04:31 PM

Compendium 1 and 2 at Wal-Mart for $25 a piece.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Walkin...er=lw9MynSeamY

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Walkin...er=lw9MynSeamY

You can also get them at Amazon for the same price.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-De..._Ak4y3_SqR_0_0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1607065967?..._Ak4y3_SqR_0_0

frankotank 02-14-2014 12:37 PM

question.....
Michones original pet walkers....the two black guys.
I THINK the show has portrayed their identities differently than the books.....
actually....let me be clear.....I was somewhat distracted during the last episode so I should re-watch it...the show hinted at their identities but didn't confirm...right?

Spoiler!

Gonzo 02-14-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10433192)
question.....
Michones original pet walkers....the two black guys.
I THINK the show has portrayed their identities differently than the books.....
actually....let me be clear.....I was somewhat distracted during the last episode so I should re-watch it...the show hinted at their identities but didn't confirm...right?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Radar Chief 02-14-2014 01:26 PM

Spoiler!

Gonzo 02-14-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10433264)
Spoiler!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DpVJ5OKODE

Look at the exact 1:00 mark.

frankotank 02-14-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433246)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Radar Chief 02-14-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433273)

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 01:52 PM

I'll bet Notorious is

Spoiler!

at

Spoiler!

posts.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

frankotank 02-14-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433273)

woh!
so....that story....it isn't in compendium 1 or 2 is it? I don't remember that at all.

Gonzo 02-14-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10433344)
woh!
so....that story....it isn't in compendium 1 or 2 is it? I don't remember that at all.

Nope... Special edition. They have a few of them i believe.
There's one for Tyrese that's pretty good.

The Franchise 02-14-2014 02:23 PM

So since I ordered the compendiums.....where does the TV show start getting different? I've watched up until season 4.

frankotank 02-14-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10433394)
Nope... Special edition. They have a few of them i believe.
There's one for Tyrese that's pretty good.

Well....thanks for the info.
but I woulda sworn "they got what they deserved".
which makes NO DAMN SENSE that she said that!!! considering what you just showed me in the vid of that book. see what I mean? it's like....uh....what?

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10433413)
So since I ordered the compendiums.....where does the TV show start getting different? I've watched up until season 4.

Pretty much from the beginning. It follows a similar arc, but there are a lot of differences.

The Franchise 02-14-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433469)
Pretty much from the beginning. It follows a similar arc, but there are a lot of differences.

Better or worse in your opinion?

Fire Me Boy! 02-14-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10433565)
Better or worse in your opinion?

Overall, I like the show better. The story is more solid, the characters better written, and I think the writers of the show have more respect for the story than the comic.

Kirkman sets up a ton of story lines in the books and then in one fell swoop will kill a dozen characters, wiping out their story lines. And while that's his prerogative and I understand he's saying "anything can happen," I feel like that's disrespectful to the material and its readers to destroy so much so fast on what feels like a whim.

But there's a violence and brutality in the comic books that I really enjoy, and characterizations that they'll never show on TV. The Governor, for one; he's a charicature of evil in the books, and that's kinda fun. But David Morrissey does such a great job with the role, backstory, and such that I much prefer his Governor over the books. And I think we're building up to a character called Negan in the show, and I honestly have no idea how they'll do it, because as evil as the Governor was in the comics, Negan is way worse.

Bottom line, I think the comics are worth reading. I bought the compendiums, and every few months when they release a new volume, I pick it up.

Sure-Oz 02-14-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433577)
Overall, I like the show better. The story is more solid, the characters better written, and I think the writers of the show have more respect for the story than the comic.

Kirkman sets up a ton of story lines in the books and then in one fell swoop will kill a dozen characters, wiping out their story lines. And while that's his prerogative and I understand he's saying "anything can happen," I feel like that's disrespectful to the material and its readers to destroy so much so fast on what feels like a whim.

But there's a violence and brutality in the comic books that I really enjoy, and characterizations that they'll never show on TV. The Governor, for one; he's a charicature of evil in the books, and that's kinda fun. But David Morrissey does such a great job with the role, backstory, and such that I much prefer his Governor over the books. And I think we're building up to a character called Negan in the show, and I honestly have no idea how they'll do it, because as evil as the Governor was in the comics, Negan is way worse.

Bottom line, I think the comics are worth reading. I bought the compendiums, and every few months when they release a new volume, I pick it up.

I'm enjoy the show alot more, esp with whats happend now. I've hardly gotten into the compendiums but need to. I have both volumes too.

Mr. Plow 02-14-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10433577)

I couldn't describe my feelings better.

cabletech94 02-14-2014 07:32 PM

gonzo had it all right about michones "pets".

they didn't play much in the comics tho........

/no time for spoilers, yo!

Fairplay 02-16-2014 08:44 PM

Little girls unfazed at the site of someone hammering the zombies

siberian khatru 02-16-2014 09:02 PM

I like how everyone's a badass now

Kman34 02-16-2014 09:06 PM

That creepy little girl is Woody's daughter on True Detective. The bunny murder and probably the rat killer too

Easy 6 02-16-2014 09:07 PM

Extremely boring episode, but that little girl who almost killed the baby needs an eye kept on her, and the Chinese guy and girl will fall in love to help complicate things in true soap opera fashion.

Also, looks like the bad guys I've read here about who're even worse than the Governor have made their first appearance... so I guess it isn't so much that NOTHING happened, but that this episode was needed to get things rolling.

Still, pretty uneventful viewing.

Fire Me Boy! 02-16-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10436912)
Extremely boring episode, but that little girl who almost killed the baby needs an eye kept on her, and the Chinese guy and girl will fall in love to help complicate things in true soap opera fashion.

Also, looks like the bad guys I've read here about who're even worse than the Governor have made their first appearance... so I guess it isn't so much that NOTHING happened, but that this episode was needed to get things rolling.

Glenn's Korean. Don't you pay attentive?

And ...

Spoiler!

Easy 6 02-16-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10436930)
Glenn's Korean. Don't you pay attentive?

And ...

Spoiler!

Meh, they all look alike to me... jk.

Kman34 02-16-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

I think that girl is a lesbian. But her girlfriend is dead, maybe she'll switch teams.

Easy 6 02-16-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 10436970)
I think that girl is a lesbian. But her girlfriend is dead, maybe she'll switch teams.

I thought they were sisters, living with their dad until he was bitten and killed by the Governor?

I could surely be wrong, but it seems like an easy plot device to tear him between the farmers daughter and the new girl somewhere down the line.

Kman34 02-16-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10436979)
I thought they were sisters, living with their dad until he was bitten and killed by the Governor?

I could surely be wrong, but it seems like an easy plot device to tear him between the farmers daughter and the new girl somewhere down the line.

Her sis was sleeping with the Governor.

Easy 6 02-16-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 10436987)
Her sis was sleeping with the Governor.

Right, her rubbing her rump ever so subtly against him in the van did strange things to me, it was very realistically done...

kcxiv 02-16-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

There is good guys they meet, then bad guys after that. At least thats how i remember the comics

Easy 6 02-16-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10437022)
There is good guys they meet, then bad guys after that. At least thats how i remember the comics

Gonna be a good season I'm sure, they just had to restablish things after last seasons finale.

Sure-Oz 02-16-2014 10:20 PM

Thought it was a decent episode...things will start rolling now.

As for glen and the chick, i don't see it, she likes other chicks

The creepy girl is effed up

notorious 02-16-2014 10:33 PM

Average episode with some dumb shit mixed in.

The zombie attack on the blonde daughter was weak, Tyrese leaving the kids alone was pretty stupid, and the railroad attack scene was not very well done.

Jamie 02-16-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10436979)

Yes, but there was also a girlfriend in the motor home camp. It was the chick with the gun.

Easy 6 02-16-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10437092)
Yes, but there was also a girlfriend in the motor home camp. It was the chick with the gun.

Right, they were flirting with one another about the camp girl being such a know it all smartass.

lcarus 02-16-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10437099)
Right, they were flirting with one another about the camp girl being such a know it all smartass.

Which to some means they automatically shared a passionate scissoring session I guess.

Easy 6 02-16-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10437142)
Which to some means they automatically shared a passionate scissoring session I guess.

Some are inferring too much from a few scenes, definitely agreed.

cabletech94 02-17-2014 12:12 AM

uhm, one of the most interdasting things was: when tyrese turned around!! this is actually a pretty eventful moment!!!

(and don't worry, that was spoiler free. duh!!)

/;)

Jamie 02-17-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10437145)
Some are inferring too much from a few scenes, definitely agreed.

Not really. It went by fast because it was in those Governor episodes, but they were pretty clearly a couple. They were shown in bed together, and the girlfriend was the only person from the camp that they took with them when they left after the daughter got attacked (more context: they left, were stopped by a herd of walkers on the road, came back, then the Governor took over).

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10437197)
Not really. It went by fast because it was in those Governor episodes, but they were pretty clearly a couple. They were shown in bed together, and the girlfriend was the only person from the camp that they took with them when they left after the daughter got attacked (more context: they left, were stopped by a herd of walkers on the road, came back, then the Governor took over).

Jamie is right. They even call them girlfriends at one point.

Gonzo 02-17-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10437217)
Jamie is right. They even call them girlfriends at one point.

Yes people, they were pie bumping girlfriends.
At the prison during the firefight they made that very clear. "I will find you" etc.
They had the scene where they were in bed together, etc.

This was a great episode, yesterday. Reintroducing Carol, bringing in Abraham , showing how Glen survived and now we know about the baby, too.
They have to arc everything together eventually. I thought they did a great job here.

dlphg9 02-17-2014 08:17 AM

Can someone put it in a spoiler tag, I just want to know if Abraham is a bad guy or a good guy.

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 10437296)
Can someone put it in a spoiler tag, I just want to know if Abraham is a bad guy or a good guy.

Spoiler!

bevischief 02-17-2014 08:51 AM

It should be interesting to see how this all ties together.

Gonzo 02-17-2014 09:02 AM

The guy they have playing Eugene looks to be spot on. lol

Gonzo 02-17-2014 09:07 AM

That and if the guy playing Abraham is even 1/2 the badass he portrayed in Band of Brothers, he's gonna be pretty damn awesome.

seaofred 02-17-2014 10:09 AM

So, the note on the railroad mentined it as the Sanctuary, but also called it a different name. I guess I'm asking, in the comics is it the same place?

DaveNull 02-17-2014 10:16 AM

Hard to take this series seriously after House of Cards and True Detective.

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10437398)
So, the note on the railroad mentined it as the Sanctuary, but also called it a different name. I guess I'm asking, in the comics is it the same place?

In the comics,

Spoiler!

So that's where I think they're headed.

Ceej 02-17-2014 10:17 AM

I've yet to watch last night's episode or read through this thread.

How was last night's episode? Good?

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10437411)
I've yet to watch last night's episode or read through this thread.

How was last night's episode? Good?

Like any episode.

1. People that want non-stop zombie carnage thought it was boring.

2. People that don't need non-stop zombie carnage thought it was good.

Ceej 02-17-2014 10:22 AM

Thanks.

I was just teasing the tip before I watch it after work.

Bowser 02-17-2014 10:33 AM

Spoiler'd question for Ceej's benefit -

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 02-17-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10437433)

Spoiler!

I had that question as well. I must have missed a part somewhere along the way.

Mr. Plow 02-17-2014 10:41 AM

And Amazon sold out of Compendium #2. :(

J Diddy 02-17-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10437330)
That and if the guy playing Abraham is even 1/2 the badass he portrayed in Band of Brothers, he's gonna be pretty damn awesome.

Lol, I got excited. I was all HOLY ****, it's BULL!!!

DaveNull 02-17-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10437444)
And Amazon sold out of Compendium #2. :(

Support your local. I saw quite a few trades for Walking Dead at Big City in South KC when I was there last week. Might be worth calling.

J Diddy 02-17-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10437442)

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 02-17-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10437450)
Support your local. I saw quite a few trades for Walking Dead at Big City in South KC when I was there last week. Might be worth calling.

If only I lived in KC. :p

I do have one local store that might be worth checking though.

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10437433)

Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10437442)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10437451)
Spoiler!

You people need to pay attention...

Spoiler!

Bowser 02-17-2014 10:51 AM

Didn't catch that. And that's weak, btw.

Fire Me Boy! 02-17-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10437462)
Didn't catch that. And that's weak, btw.

Why are we using spoilers about last night's episode? It aired, the rules are no spoilers until after it's aired. Anyone else should stay out.

Anyway, Glenn said he went to chase after Maggie.

J Diddy 02-17-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10437460)
You people need to pay attention...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

J Diddy 02-17-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10437474)
Why are we using spoilers about last night's episode? It aired, the rules are no spoilers until after it's aired. Anyone else should stay out.

Anyway, Glenn said he went to chase after Maggie.

Spoiler!