ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2012 Sporting Kansas City\Soccer Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252792)

|Zach| 05-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 8596838)
Was out at LSP tonight as I am for every match. The Blueprint is there now for how to stop SKC. Actually Houston displayed it to perfection last fall. If an expansion side can generate this result with a brand new central defender whose best asset was his love handles, I am surely concerned for next several weeks....:shake:

I don't really believe that at all yet.

Nothing here has happened that has not happened to every other MLS team.

Demonpenz 05-05-2012 10:58 PM

SKC put pressure on the goal late, just a couple went wide. Parking suuuuuuuuucks out there. I drove over the grass (thanks jeep) to get out in like 50 minutes. Is Bobby Convey on this team or what? I am not that down on them because there will be days like this, but I can see the dog days of summer kill some of the zest on the fans.

Reaper16 05-05-2012 11:27 PM

San Jose is the best team in MLS.

Superbowltrashcan 05-05-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8596842)
I don't really believe that at all yet.

Nothing here has happened that has not happened to every other MLS team.

Versus the Impact? Sorry there is no true finisher on this team. Sapong still lacks a killer instinct. Kei plays his heart out every game and takes it personally for sure but he takes a zillion shots and many are ill advised for someone so inaccurate. And Teal...ugh... Perhaps another on the roster could show well if given a chance... Your thoughts?

Ultra Peanut 05-06-2012 02:27 AM

OMG

WORST SPORTS DAY

Ultra Peanut 05-06-2012 02:29 AM

At least we went to go see Hunger Games so I didn't have to watch the Grizzlies lose.

curse you yp lee and also eric hassli

Silock 05-06-2012 11:50 AM

That penalty was bullshit.

Superbowltrashcan 05-06-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8597350)
That penalty was bullshit.

Agreed. But the challenges faced operating in the offensive third were simply made all the more apparent when it went to a two goal deficit. No goals in over 200 minutes....

Silock 05-06-2012 12:02 PM

I don't think Sapong or Bunbury are good enough, to be honest. We need strikers that can create and find the net. I get it that their role right now is to receive the ball and hold it up, but they can't even do that. Plus, it does no good to hold the ball up if all you're going to do is turn around and not pass it, anyway.

SPATCH 05-06-2012 12:18 PM

lol at ppl hitting the panic button. We're fine. This kind of shit happens.

|Zach| 05-06-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 8596960)
Versus the Impact? Sorry there is no true finisher on this team. Sapong still lacks a killer instinct. Kei plays his heart out every game and takes it personally for sure but he takes a zillion shots and many are ill advised for someone so inaccurate. And Teal...ugh... Perhaps another on the roster could show well if given a chance... Your thoughts?

Feel free to jump off the cliff but I have watched sports for way too long to feel like this is a doom scenario. There is no reason to think that they can't improve and get better over the span of the season and be right there with any other team in the league.

Ultra Peanut 05-06-2012 03:17 PM

MLS is Parity: The Movie: The Game, so whatever. It's May.

God last night sucked for sports, though.

Silock 05-06-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8597407)
lol at ppl hitting the panic button. We're fine. This kind of shit happens.

I'm not worried about the results so much as the fact that we don't really have a finisher, or someone who can create the chances when the whole attack isn't working flawlessly.

Seems like if everyone isn't constantly getting forward, we can't really do much except rely on set pieces.

Reaper16 05-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8598034)
I'm not worried about the results so much as the fact that we don't really have a finisher, or someone who can create the chances when the whole attack isn't working flawlessly.

Seems like if everyone isn't constantly getting forward, we can't really do much except rely on set pieces.

And even then. Sporting's success rate on chances in the run of play has been horrendous all season long. Sporting scraped half of their wins off of set pieces.

Demonpenz 05-06-2012 05:49 PM

I would expect Sapong to get stronger he isn't creative but he is ****ing strong as a bull.