ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dragon Age: Origins is going to own me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192131)

keg in kc 02-28-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 7457463)
Just finished yesterday. Very good game. I really liked it.

I still need to run through awakenings now. A lot more to explore in DAO before DA 2 jumps in.

Running through with a Mage now. Human, but wish I could have gone Elf. :(

Anyone ever experiment with traps much? I was going to try and use some more of the traps and do more herbalist stuff this time around.

On the mage spell tree, which trees are most effective? Which ones are ones to avoid?

The human mage PC in Origins is actually related to Hawke, the protagonist in DA2.

I never did traps or poisons either. Potions are apparently an easy way to make a ton of money but I never fooled with that, either.

On the mage tree, it really depends on what you want to do. Spell combinations changes things up a lot. Basically I level up according to what combo I want that particular mage to be able to do.

My personal favorites are:

Storm of the Century, which is spell might plus blizzard and tempest

Advanced Reanimation, which is spell might plus animate dead

Nightmare, which is sleep plus horror

Entropic Death, which is death hex plus death cloud (this is insane single target damage)

A non combo spell that can absolutely rape enemy spellcasters is mana clash, so that's a good one to have (it's the 4th skill on the same line as spell might). You know those annoying Emissaries? It can one-shot them.

Really though, pretty much anything can work. I often run Wynne as a full Creation tree mage. I think people underestimate just how powerful that tree can be, especially the glyphs. Which brings up another combo, Paralysis Explosion, which you get when you combine the glyphs of paralysis and repulsion. It lasts much longer than mass paralysis, although if you're not careful you can paralyze your own guys.

About the only thing I'd ever advice somebody against is the shapeshifting tree. It's basically crap.

Sofa King 02-28-2011 11:53 AM

^ interesting.

I feel like i've been wasting alot of points now.

Bump 05-07-2012 06:06 PM

now that I have finished up Skyrim. It was time to start another adventure. I bought Dragon Age a year ago for $20, played it for 30 minutes and put it back on the shelf, probably because of call of duty or some other new game.

But I'm getting into it now, it took a while to figure it out and it's definitely challenging. But it's pretty cool, I dig it.

Too bad Diablo 3 comes out next week, because this is going back on the shelf then.

QuikSsurfer 05-07-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8600214)
now that I have finished up Skyrim. It was time to start another adventure. I bought Dragon Age a year ago for $20, played it for 30 minutes and put it back on the shelf, probably because of call of duty or some other new game.

But I'm getting into it now, it took a while to figure it out and it's definitely challenging. But it's pretty cool, I dig it.

Too bad Diablo 3 comes out next week, because this is going back on the shelf then.

When you find time to finish Dragon Age Origins -- do pick up the AMAZING expansion "Awakening". Skip Dragon Age II....

Also, the new Game of Thrones RPG looks and plays a lot like this game -- I'll be picking this one up as well.

Bump 05-07-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8600370)
When you find time to finish Dragon Age Origins -- do pick up the AMAZING expansion "Awakening". Skip Dragon Age II....

Also, the new Game of Thrones RPG looks and plays a lot like this game -- I'll be picking this one up as well.

lol, I actually bought the expansion thinking it was the actual game. So I have it, lol.

QuikSsurfer 05-07-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8600595)
lol, I actually bought the expansion thinking it was the actual game. So I have it, lol.

lol... ****in stoner