ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

keg in kc 05-16-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9688006)
Well at least she's single. You could have a thing for someone else's girlfriend or fiancee and be really close to them and have it not work out.

I'm pretty sure she's not single. But I don't know for sure. I've never seen her wearing an engagement ring though. Kind of wish she was, it would make things easier for me.

Discuss Thrower 05-16-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9688013)
I'm pretty sure she's not single. But I don't know for sure. I've never seen her wearing an engagement ring though. Kind of wish she was, it would make things easier for me.

Just assume she is then. It's over, ain't worth your time worrying any more. Find something else to do.

keg in kc 05-16-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9688015)
Just assume she is then. It's over, ain't worth your time worrying any more. Find something else to do.

Oh, I'm not worried, and it's not stressing me out. I was just throwing a bit of my own fallability into the mix.

I think there's actually a part of me that enjoys pining after somebody like this. Don't ask me to explain, it's just the ****ed-up wiring in my head. I tend to get bored really quickly when I'm actually in a relationship. Maybe it's just the whole wanting something I can't have thing.

Discuss Thrower 05-16-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9688021)
Oh, I'm not worried, and it's not stressing me out. I was just throwing a bit of my own fallability into the mix.

I think there's actually a part of me that enjoys pining after somebody like this. Don't ask me to explain, it's just the ****ed-up wiring in my head.

Defensive mechanism. You can't be rejected for any of your own personal attributes if she''s already taken.

keg in kc 05-16-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9688025)
Defensive mechanism. You can't be rejected for any of your own personal attributes if she''s already taken.

I'm sure that's part of it, but I don't want to give the impression that I in any way like her because I think she's already taken. There's a lot to like about her. The main problem is actually my age, rather than her relationship status. I think if I was 5 years younger I would've made a move, boyfriend or no (if she was engaged, different story - any ring is off limits).

Although maybe not. Who knows. If it wasn't age or boyfriend, I might just have settled on some other reason why it isn't possible, as a defense mechanism...

Lumpy 05-16-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9687665)
My gf keeps calling me "lovey" and puts stress on the word "love" when she says she loves doing things with me. Is it pretty safe to assume that she wants me to tell her I love her?

I've only been told by one girl that she loves me, and I dumped her. I told one girl that I loved her, and she dumped me. I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work.

Only you can sense how she truly feels about you, Buck.

From an outsiders point-of-view though... I honestly think that she's "testing the waters" with the "lovey" stuff . She could be doing that because she's afraid to say "I love you" and is unsure of how you feel. In other words, she could be trying to "read you" by how you react when she says "lovey".

If you do love this girl, I think you're in the clear to be honest with her without having the fear that she doesn't love you back. But, if you don't feel that way, don't lie to her.

But, like I said, you are the only one that can sense her feelings for you.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-16-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9688064)
I'm sure that's part of it, but I don't want to give the impression that I in any way like her because I think she's already taken. There's a lot to like about her. The main problem is actually my age, rather than her relationship status. I think if I was 5 years younger I would've made a move, boyfriend or no (if she was engaged, different story - any ring is off limits).

Although maybe not. Who knows. If it wasn't age or boyfriend, I might just have settled on some other reason why it isn't possible, as a defense mechanism...

What's the age difference?

keg in kc 05-16-2013 10:01 PM

More than 10 years.

I've always been interested in younger women, but this is a little ridiculous, even for me.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-16-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9688083)
More than 10 years.

If it's right around 10, I've seen it work.

Having a similar issue myself...heh

How old is she?

Lumpy 05-16-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9688083)
More than 10 years.

I've always been interested in younger women, but this is a little ridiculous, even for me.

You're only 39, (yes, I just checked your profile... I was curious, lol), and she's what... in her mid to late 20's? That doesn't sound too ridiculous to me. :shrug:

ghak99 05-16-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9687665)
My gf keeps calling me "lovey" and puts stress on the word "love" when she says she loves doing things with me. Is it pretty safe to assume that she wants me to tell her I love her?

I've only been told by one girl that she loves me, and I dumped her. I told one girl that I loved her, and she dumped me. I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work.

I hate pet names with a passion so I'd have to stomp that shit asap, but it's NEVER safe to assume anything when dealing with a species who internally argues with itself on a regular basis and asks dumb ass questions there is no correct answer to!

Grandpa always used the "Boy, never trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die. Just tell'em all you love'em and enjoy the ride" line. ROFL

If the quality and quantity of her blowjobs is above par, say it like you mean it. :thumb:

keg in kc 05-16-2013 10:09 PM

Yeah, late 20s.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-16-2013 10:10 PM

That's not bad at all IMO

Rasputin 05-16-2013 10:20 PM

There is nothing in this town for me. Other than uglies and I don't want ugly. It may come to that I don't know?

Lumpy 05-16-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9688127)
There is nothing in this town for me. Other than uglies and I don't want ugly. It may come to that I don't know?

LMAO

I mean, I'm sorry to hear that you're surrounded by uglies that you don't want but might settle for if you must.