ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263359)

Raiderhater 12-15-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211522)
Not just a youth or experience issue unfortunately, just a lack of skill and ability.

Too true.

WilliamTheIrish 12-15-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9211522)
Not just a youth or experience issue unfortunately, just a lack of skill and ability.

This is every bit a coaching problem. This team used to get garbage points on put backs and getting to the line.

Now, we are forced to watch an experienced team run a motion offense that doesn't get the best player freed up for looks AT ALL. Weber sucks.

I'm officially boycotting this regime after the game in the Sprint Center where we get destroyed by UFla.

Raiderhater 12-15-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9211596)
This is every bit a coaching problem. This team used to get garbage points on put backs and getting to the line.

Now, we are forced to watch an experienced team run a motion offense that doesn't get the best player freed up for looks AT ALL. Weber sucks.

I'm officially boycotting this regime after the game in the Sprint Center where we get destroyed by UFla.

I don't disagree with your analysis on the coaching aspect at all. But Kev isn't completely wrong. Frank never really recruited shooters.

KevB 12-15-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9211596)

That's absolutely part of it. A terrible fit of players and coach. But, JO has been awful, Gipson is no better (and probably isn't capable of getting better), Diaz is no better, Tay and Will are what they are, SS is no better (anyone going to work to improve his mechanics - ever?), and Angel/Rodney are left to try to do everything.

Saulbadguy 12-15-2012 11:45 PM

Lord, that was awful

Saulbadguy 12-20-2012 09:44 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...ate-cashing-in

DOLLA BILLS Y'ALL

Los Pollos Hermanos 12-20-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9226886)

Which college did the worst?

Dante84 12-20-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Pollos Hermanos (Post 9226946)
Which college did the worst?

tee-hee!

WilliamTheIrish 12-21-2012 10:48 AM

I am usually so freaking pumped to see the Cats at Sprint Center. But with that loser Weber and his posse of Brucesketballers at the helm, I'm regretting buying tickets.

Seeing Illinois play great basketball after firing that prepubescent voiced, own lawn mowing, ice cream eating, POS just infuriates me. And to know that now-ostracized-from-my-heart-EMAW'er Gene Keady foisted this loser on KSU is unforgiveable collateral damage.

I went back and watched the two losses and in a short time the differences jump out at me. Under Frank, the Cats shot poorly most of the time, but crushed teams on the glass and got to the line enough to make up for the shooting %. Now, they run a motion offense that doesn't appear to free up the best shooter, they get no O-rebounds, get beat down the court way too often and are now a combination of Wooly-Asury-Weber where the only chance to win is to hit just enough shots to muck out a 49-44 win.

I hate this coach. He's just killed my enthusiasm. I can only hope he fails so badly in a league that has no real great team, that he's fired quickly.

And Gene Keady can eat shit.

Saulbadguy 12-21-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9229592)
I am usually so freaking pumped to see the Cats at Sprint Center. But with that loser Weber and his posse of Brucesketballers at the helm, I'm regretting buying tickets.

Seeing Illinois play great basketball after firing that prepubescent voiced, own lawn mowing, ice cream eating, POS just infuriates me. And to know that now-ostracized-from-my-heart-EMAW'er Gene Keady foisted this loser on KSU is unforgiveable collateral damage.

I went back and watched the two losses and in a short time the differences jump out at me. Under Frank, the Cats shot poorly most of the time, but crushed teams on the glass and got to the line enough to make up for the shooting %. Now, they run a motion offense that doesn't appear to free up the best shooter, they get no O-rebounds, get beat down the court way too often and are now a combination of Wooly-Asury-Weber where the only chance to win is to hit just enough shots to muck out a 49-44 win.

I hate this coach. He's just killed my enthusiasm. I can only hope he fails so badly in a league that has no real great team, that he's fired quickly.

And Gene Keady can eat shit.

It sucks. The offense is shit hot garbage.

I am no Weber fan but I can't imagine we'd be any better than 8-2 at this point with Frank.

All I can hope for this season is an NCAA tournament berth, and hopefully some improvement in the following year when he gets "his own players". We all saw how that went down at Illinois, but hell, I don't really care as much (and neither do the fans) as long as football is king. Crappy, defeatist attitude, I know.

WilliamTheIrish 12-21-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9229610)
It sucks. The offense is shit hot garbage.

I am no Weber fan but I can't imagine we'd be any better than 8-2 at this point with Frank.

All I can hope for this season is an NCAA tournament berth, and hopefully some improvement in the following year when he gets "his own players". We all saw how that went down at Illinois, but hell, I don't really care as much (and neither do the fans) as long as football is king. Crappy, defeatist attitude, I know.

The record part is probably true. Although I will say that I think this team (with Frank) kicks Gonzaga's ass. The loss to UM is another story. Sometimes you get whipped.

And I just heard the podcast of Matt Doherty. What a ****ing joke. I had no idea loser coaches stuck together like that. It's obviously a huge fraternity.

Raiderhater 12-22-2012 08:52 PM

Cat's trying to claw out a win here. Let's go boys, take the gehytors down.

Raiderhater 12-22-2012 09:04 PM

Up 5 with 1:43 to go. Finish this.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-22-2012 09:14 PM

First non-conf. top 10 win since 1961.

What a loser...

Raiderhater 12-22-2012 09:16 PM

67-61 Cats

:ksu: