ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

BigRedChief 04-02-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9545243)
Wow. I can't believe there is no discussion of that episode on here. That shit rocked. It was pretty neat seeing them tie up the end of book 2 in that episode. After watching TWD then that episode all I can say is, that is how you write a god damn episode.

Anything that has been aired on TV is fair game. The "spoiler free" is for future book spoilers or TV spoilers.

NewChief 04-02-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9548268)
Watched the episode again and I'm pretty sure Daenerys understands what the slave master is saying about her by the way she subtly reacts to his statements (and the girl's rephrasing). Someone who read the books would know, but does she know that language?

Not that I remember. I read it as she's just horrified at the slaver's treatment of the Unsullied.

BigRedChief 04-02-2013 07:53 AM

I thought the first episode was great but not fantastic. I was expecting that the dwarf would get some kid of reward. I hope he gets even with Dad and puts his nephews head on a spike.

buddha 04-02-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9548696)
I thought the first episode was great but not fantastic. I was expecting that the dwarf would get some kid of reward. I hope he gets even with Dad and puts his nephews head on a spike.

Why did you expect him to get a reward? His reward was getting stranded in a tiny, dark room. That's how the Lannisters roll. The imp will get his revenge...of that I am sure.

allen_kcCard 04-02-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9549068)
Why did you expect him to get a reward? His reward was getting stranded in a tiny, dark room. That's how the Lannisters roll. The imp will get his revenge...of that I am sure.

I bet that will be a kick to the groin when it happens for pappy Lannister.

NewChief 04-02-2013 10:24 AM

One of my beef's with GRRM is the continued ****ing that he gives Tyrion. He's everyone's favorite. He's awesome. But GRRM won't cut the poor imp a break.

BigRichard 04-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9549137)
One of my beef's with GRRM is the continued ****ing that he gives Tyrion. He's everyone's favorite. He's awesome. But GRRM won't cut the poor imp a break.

I think that is what keeps everyone tuned into the books and show. This is life, not everything ends with the good guys getting everything they wanted. A lot of bad shit can happen to good people.

NewChief 04-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 9549186)
I think that is what keeps everyone tuned into the books and show. This is life, not everything ends with the good guys getting everything they wanted. A lot of bad shit can happen to good people.

I don't want to go too far because this is the spoiler free thread, but it's out of hand by ADWD IMO.

PhillyChiefFan 04-02-2013 11:24 AM

Tyrion can come up with extremely witty retorts to ANYONE but his father.

He is a beaten dog in front of his father, and that scene between the two of them was great. Tywin accusing him of killing his mother and just tearing him down and Tyrion sits there and doesn't do or say anything.

Sfeihc 04-02-2013 11:25 AM

As if there was any question HBO has renewed "GOT" for a 4th season.

PhillyChiefFan 04-02-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 9549186)

That's why I like it. The books/show doesn't spoon feed you a story where the white knight wins and rescues the princess.

Sfeihc 04-02-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9549387)

He is a beaten dog in front of his father, and that scene between the two of them was great. Tywin accusing him of killing his mother and just tearing him down and Tyrion sits there and doesn't do or say anything.

Favorite scene in ep. 1.

mdchiefsfan 04-02-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9548679)
Anything that has been aired on TV is fair game. The "spoiler free" is for future book spoilers or TV spoilers.

I understand. Where did I spoil anything?

Chief Gump 04-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9549387)

Sad thing about Tyrion, he would be the best king out of all the people in the story line. He is probably the smartest and the fairest when it came to dealing with people.

Hawk 04-02-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 9549916)
Sad thing about Tyrion, he would be the best king out of all the people in the story line. He is probably the smartest and the fairest when it came to dealing with people.

Agreed, he is the smartest one, he has compassion for people, but he can also be 100% ruthless when he needs to be. He'd make a good king.

Stannis is too rigid. Joffrey is a freak. Tommen is a wuss. Robb is better at war than ruling. Tywin is a prick.

Dany would be a good choice too, but she has a little too much compassion sometimes...until you cross her anyway.