ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Buck 11-21-2011 02:35 PM

But it's not a zombie show.

It's a show about Rick Grimes' life, where he happens to live in a work that has zombies.

Same with the comic. The creators have said that many times.

blaise 11-21-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8127926)

It's a show about Rick Grimes' life, where he happens to live in a work that has zombies.

That may be the case, but right now I don't consider Rick's scenes to be all that interesting.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8127926)

The creators need to realize that people want zombies. Rick is boring and dull.

Ceej 11-21-2011 03:57 PM

I could be mistaken, but.... wasn't a zombie gnawing on Darryl's leg when he woke up from his daydreaming??

Buck 11-21-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8128144)
The creators need to realize that people want zombies. Rick is boring and dull.

The ratings disagree.

Rick lives the most depressing life in the world and it's only going to get worse.

kcxiv 11-21-2011 04:04 PM

This show is a ratings beast. Just because a few people dont like that its not pure zombie doesnt matter one ****ing bit to the people swimming in the money for this show. lol

Its pretty decent i like it, and Vivian Volkoff is hot. lol

kaplin42 11-21-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8128145)
I could be mistaken, but.... wasn't a zombie gnawing on Darryl's leg when he woke up from his daydreaming??

On his shoe.

Which was odd, why would the zombie pick the shoe, and not the other 6 ft of delicious human to gnaw on?

kaplin42 11-21-2011 04:06 PM

Talking about a scene in the latest episode, if you haven't had a chance to watch yet, don't click.

Spoiler!

Royal Fanatic 11-21-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8128167)
This show is a ratings beast. Just because a few people dont like that its not pure zombie doesnt matter one ****ing bit to the people swimming in the money for this show. lol

Its pretty decent i like it, and Vivian Volkoff is hot. lol

I think the show is a ratings beast because it was so good LAST YEAR.

This year it is excruciatingly slow. There are good and interesting scenes here and there, but it doesn't grab my interest the way it did last year.

Gonzo 11-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8128174)
Talking about a scene in the latest episode, if you haven't had a chance to watch yet, don't click.

Spoiler!

LMAO

I thought it was another Zombie!

Buck 11-21-2011 04:14 PM

People have been talking shit about this show after every single episode, both seasons...except maybe the pilot.

Not everyone is going to like it. I love it.

I love post-apocalyptic stuff. Sure they are still at the barn and looking for the kid, but shit is still happening. They are doing stuff they need to do to survive.

Brock 11-21-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8128161)
The ratings disagree.

Rick lives the most depressing life in the world and it's only going to get worse.

The ratings are good because people are waiting around for the show to get good again. That won't last.

Nobody gives a shit about the pregnant woman or the blond bimbo's emotional problems.

Brock 11-21-2011 04:36 PM

Should be pretty obvious the brains of that show left.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 04:42 PM

Isn't the morning after pill, literally the morning after pill? Why is she taking it/them 40 days later? Couldn't the Asian kid find a coat hanger?

Gonzo 11-21-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8128199)
People have been talking shit about this show after every single episode, both seasons...except maybe the pilot.

Not everyone is going to like it. I love it.

I love post-apocalyptic stuff. Sure they are still at the barn and looking for the kid, but shit is still happening. They are doing stuff they need to do to survive.

Oh, I am enjoying it. It is a little slow right now but I think it's an excellent show. I understand their need for Character development and all but it's just a little slower now that in the 1st season.

I had a chance today to read the comic books Wiki, I found it very interesting and I think it would make a good book.

Hey Buck, if you're really into the post-apocalyptic stuff, I have a book that I recommend, (Highly).

Here you go:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/novels/swan_song.html

It would have made a hell of a movie.