ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Sofa King 05-18-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8624313)
Playing a wizard. Two friends arebarbarians,figure it would be easy? All they do is die. I like the wizard, just kite shit. Play it like a frost mage from wow. Only died once, got knocked back into a crowd of zombies and there were four of the women that vomit them up that I could not get to.

I agree on drops, I don't get shit for my class. Almostall the gear is bows xbows and quivers.

Sounds like they don't know wtf they are doing. Barbs should be almost impossible to kill. Have them stack some vit, as well as life steal and + life after each hit gear. Then ww through the group... Profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8624346)
Anybody playing as a Demon Hunter?? Normally my first character is a Barb.....but I'm thinking about switching it up this time.

My buddy is playing a demon hunter. So far he is unimpressive. Doesn't seem to do much. Might be better with elite gear but as of now he's pretty meh.

If i were you and you wanted a solo char, I'd try the monk. Looks like it could be fun. Wizard is me and I'm kicking ass. Barb is a beast. With Doctor seems to be underpowered but very original looking.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2012 10:43 AM

playing Demon hunter and i can clear a room full in a few seconds ... love him.

you have to switch up your skills once you get to the 2nd act etc though because you need more dps.

exploding bola FTW
chakram is surprisingly effective ONCE you get the dual option

trap'em
slow'em
group'em
blow'em up

:thumb:

drunkie 05-18-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Anybody playing as a Demon Hunter?? Normally my first character is a Barb.....but I'm thinking about switching it up this time.

i am playing a demon hunter. great fun class to play. they do a massive amount of damage i am doing around 4800 damage with 19000 life right. level your black smithing an it can make you some nice hand cross bows as you level

Mr. Laz 05-18-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8624392)
Sounds like they don't know wtf they are doing. Barbs should be almost impossible to kill. Have them stack some vit, as well as life steal and + life after each hit gear. Then ww through the group... Profit.

My buddy is playing a demon hunter. So far he is unimpressive. Doesn't seem to do much. Might be better with elite gear but as of now he's pretty meh.

If i were you and you wanted a solo char, I'd try the monk. Looks like it could be fun. Wizard is me and I'm kicking ass. Barb is a beast. With Doctor seems to be underpowered but very original looking.

oh man ... bring that shit over here.

i'll show you how Demon Hunter rocks :D

QuikSsurfer 05-18-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Yup. Loving it.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8624413)
i am playing a demon hunter. great fun class to play. they do a massive amount of damage i am doing around 4800 damage with 19000 life right. level your black smithing an it can make you some nice hand cross bows as you level

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8624419)
Yup. Loving it.

wonder what 3 demon hunters going rapid fire all at the same time looks like?

LMAO

Sofa King 05-18-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8624421)
wonder what 3 demon hunters going rapid fire all at the same time looks like?

LMAO

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_LZB-RtyL9...+gay+to+me.jpg

Imon Yourside 05-18-2012 01:51 PM

Lvl 27 Wizard and lvl 26 Barb Love both but the Wizard is a glass cannon and must have help at this point whereas the Barb can tank stuff 5 or so lvls above his.

Valiant 05-18-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8624392)

Oh I agree, I have not started one, but don't warriors have a taunt button also?

Valiant 05-18-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8624841)
Lvl 27 Wizard and lvl 26 Barb Love both but the Wizard is a glass cannon and must have help at this point whereas the Barb can tank stuff 5 or so lvls above his.

My wiz goes up against higher lvl mobs fine. The key is to always have enough man to freeze. Just kite them, when facing bosses and minions, kill all the minons first.only time I get hit is from lag.

Still in act1, so it could change.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8624856)
My wiz goes up against higher lvl mobs fine. The key is to always have enough man to freeze. Just kite them, when facing bosses and minions, kill all the minons first.only time I get hit is from lag.

Still in act1, so it could change.

act II is way harder imo

Especially until you have time to adjust to the different mob fighting styles. Much faster and blitz type attacks ... also stuff jumping out of holes and spawn types.

Sofa King 05-18-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8624841)

What skills are you using?

I absolutely walked through everything when i was at that level.

Imon Yourside 05-18-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8624872)
What skills are you using?

I absolutely walked through everything when i was at that level.

Electrocute, Ray of frost, frost nova, hydra, energy armor

Sofa King 05-18-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8624911)
Electrocute, Ray of frost, frost nova, hydra, energy armor

Well there's your problem...

Disintegrate with convergence instead of the 1 target ray of frost, frost nova is fine but i never get close enough to use it so i pop a slow time with time warp and kite, hydra with arcane hydra is good, i use familiar with sparkflint( you'll get this at 30), and magic weapon.

With magic weapon, familiar, and time warp you get a shitton more damage. Added with Disintegrate which blasts through multiple enemies you can't go wrong. And hydra does some decent damage too.

Shogun 05-18-2012 06:02 PM

yeah the guys who are dying all the time on their barbs are doing it wrong. I didnt even get flustered solo doing the butcher. I just kept healing.