ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The LAC Lake Show Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173841)

L.A. Chieffan 03-15-2012 02:34 PM

Ill give the day a B+

We needed a solid starting PG we got it. We needed depth we got it. We gave up virtually nothing in the process. To make it an A we should've got another perimeter shooter. I think we can make a run.

DJ's left nut 03-15-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8457317)
I'm not too heartbroken over Beasley. Sessions will add some more offense and Jordan Hill gives the front court some depth. McBob can get some minutes at 3 now.

This Laker team constructed right now is far better than the one that lost to the Mavs last year.

I guess they kinda addressed the PG problem, though Sessions still isn't a good defender.

I just don't think you can get by with the garbage we're rolling out there at the 3 these days.

To tell you the truth, the Lakers would be better with Bryant at the 3 and Goudalek at the 2.

Artest is one of the worst players I have ever seen at this point in his career.

The Bad Guy 03-15-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8457358)
I guess they kinda addressed the PG problem, though Sessions still isn't a good defender.

I just don't think you can get by with the garbage we're rolling out there at the 3 these days.

To tell you the truth, the Lakers would be better with Bryant at the 3 and Goudalek at the 2.

Artest is one of the worst players I have ever seen at this point in his career.

The nice thing about dumping Luke is that Ron should get amnestied this year.

I like Sessions a lot more than I should, but after watching Fisher the last 3 years, I think my 2 year old could play better on the ball defense.

DJ's left nut 03-15-2012 02:41 PM

They need to get Goudalek on the floor, IMO. Kid's a ballplayer. He's not a 1, but he's a starting caliber 2 for a lot of teams in this league.

Kobe's slowing - put him at the 3 like Jordan in his later years and get that athleticism from Goudalek on the floor. In 2013 I really hope they consider it; they have to find a way to get some energy out there and it's not going to come from Kobe or Gasol at this point in their careers.

BIG_DADDY 03-15-2012 02:49 PM

Somebody give me the lowdown on Jordan Hill. I have not seen him play much.

L.A. Chieffan 03-15-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8457386)
They need to get Goudalek on the floor, IMO. Kid's a ballplayer. He's not a 1, but he's a starting caliber 2 for a lot of teams in this league.

Kobe's slowing - put him at the 3 like Jordan in his later years and get that athleticism from Goudalek on the floor. In 2013 I really hope they consider it; they have to find a way to get some energy out there and it's not going to come from Kobe or Gasol at this point in their careers.

I agree completely, I like goudelock a lot maybe now that they actually have a real PG that can run the offense and Kobe doesn't have to do everything he can get some real minutes and Kobe can get some well deserved rest. Back to back 50 minute games is the biggest concern for me going into the postseason. Is he going to have the legs?

And yes MWP is a shell of himself but every once in a while he gets up for those big games like Miami.

DJ's left nut 03-15-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8457408)

He strikes me as a bizarro Eduardo Najera.

Najera gave everything he had and in so doing became a glue guy that you could get 6 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

Jordan Hill gives you about 1/2 of what his physical ability says he should give you, and in so doing gives you 6 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

He fills a role, he's not entirely useless, but he could be much better than he is.

L.A. Chieffan 03-15-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8457408)

A homeless man's Amare?

L.A. Chieffan 03-15-2012 03:08 PM

We got MAD size now.

Buck 05-20-2012 01:25 PM

Alright...I'm pretty sure that they are going to blow up the roster this off season.

Pau is gone, I think the only 3 people that are for sure Lakers next year are Kobe and Bynum...

I'd like to see them keep Sessions. I think that if he continues to grow, he has the chance to become a top-tier point guard. He just needs to not hesitate so much when he decides to take a shot.

Do you think the Lakers could get a lottery pick for Pau? Maybe if they package Pau and Artest? I'm not sure if these guys are FA's next year or not, but if they are under control, they need to get something for them. I'd rather them get a young player, but they might want to get a vet to try for one last championship push with Kobe on the team.

I don't think they want Dwight Howard at all, I don't really know who else is on the trade block next year.

I wonder how the season would have gone if that CP3 trade didn't get nixed by Stern.

SAUTO 05-20-2012 01:54 PM

Kobe and bynum =3 players
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 05-20-2012 03:31 PM

Just need to trade gasol for a decent PF doesnt have to be great and a back up SG and ill be happy. Jordan Hill is 24 and has played great. If we had to decent PF's and a SG like i said, we would be good going into next season.

THis team does not need to be blown up. Just retooled.

Hammock Parties 07-04-2012 06:19 PM

Just saw on twitter Steve Nash might be a Laker.

Toadkiller 07-04-2012 06:24 PM

Looks like a couple firsts for him. Just a guy out of Arizona, gamboa who tweeted it. I am hopeful

L.A. Chieffan 07-04-2012 06:24 PM

Nah, he's going to the knicks. 3 years 30 mil