ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

RealSNR 03-12-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9488671)
It can for sure. But I think at the end of the day, the teams with the best defense, beat the teams with the greatest offenses. Your point is excellent by the way. Rep for the post.

If we're looking at regular season numbers to compare QBs, we need to use regular season numbers to compare the rest of the team.

The 49ers simply had the superior team. Much better defense and QB. The Ravens had a better RB and that's about it. And even when you factor that in, it's not like they used their star RB the way most teams do.

They were simply a streaky team with a QB who turned it on when he had to make big plays.

BigCatDaddy 03-12-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9488686)
If we're looking at regular season numbers to compare QBs, we need to use regular season numbers to compare the rest of the team.

The 49ers simply had the superior team. Much better defense and QB. The Ravens had a better RB and that's about it. And even when you factor that in, it's not like they used their star RB the way most teams do.

They were simply a streaky team with a QB who turned it on when he had to make big plays.

I would give them a tad more credit then that. They were a chip shot FG from being in the SB two years in a row.

Mav 03-12-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9488686)

True points.

RealSNR 03-12-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9488691)
I would give them a tad more credit then that. They were a chip shot FG from being in the SB two years in a row.

Compared to the 2012-13 49ers. The Ravens are obviously a good team, but this most recent team that won the Super Bowl was lethargic and old on defense, and they didn't really obtain an identity on offense until the Broncos game in the playoffs.

Sorter 03-12-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9488484)
This brings up an interesting question -

Does Katy Perry have her stage hands bring the hot guys back to her dressing room, then she picks five of the best to bukkake her?

"That was a cruel ploy? Hah, sign me up for another!" /Batman

Mav 03-12-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9488697)
Compared to the 2012-13 49ers. The Ravens are obviously a good team, but this most recent team that won the Super Bowl was lethargic and old on defense, and they didn't really obtain an identity on offense until the Broncos game in the playoffs.

i wonder how many times in football, that both super bowl teams changed offensive philosophies mid season, and went on to meet in the super bowl.

Mav 03-12-2013 04:44 PM

So to all who called me a moron, dumbass, idiot, things like that when I told you that clearly andy reid thinks this qb class is ass.

How you feel now?

You say that Alex Smith has a noodle, arm, so they go out and sign a guy with an even worse arm?

BigCatDaddy 03-12-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9490067)
So to all who called me a moron, dumbass, idiot, things like that when I told you that clearly andy reid thinks this qb class is ass.

How you feel now?

You say that Alex Smith has a noodle, arm, so they go out and sign a guy with an even worse arm?

Yes. It appears Andy Reid is a ****ing moron as well.

ceebz 03-12-2013 09:19 PM

Reid going with Smith doesn't mean he thinks the QB class is shit, it means he thinks this team is good enough to win now. With Alex ****ing Smith. LMAO

Mav 03-12-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9491372)
Reid going with Smith doesn't mean he thinks the QB class is shit, it means he thinks this team is good enough to win now. With Alex ****ing Smith. LMAO

No you ****ing idiot. What it means is that Dorsey, who is off of the Ted Thompson tree, and Andy Reid who is very good at identifying qbs HE can develop, decided that there wasnt going to be one there in the first, or SECOND that would offer more upside than Alex Smith would....

Thats exactly what it means.

htismaqe 03-13-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9491600)
No you ****ing idiot. What it means is that Dorsey, who is off of the Ted Thompson tree, and Andy Reid who is very good at identifying qbs HE can develop, decided that there wasnt going to be one there in the first, or SECOND that would offer more upside than Alex Smith would....

Thats exactly what it means.

That's pretty damning then because Alex Smyth has ZERO upside.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 07:39 AM

I don't buy for a second that Alex Smith has a chance of being the answer while Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Mike Glennon ALL simultaneously have zero chance.

No ****ing way.

If there's even a 10 percent chance any of those 3 guys could be as good as even Joe Flacco, pull the goddamn trigger, idiots.

Mother****erJones 03-13-2013 07:42 AM

One of these rookie QBs will be better than Alex Smith

htismaqe 03-13-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9492247)
I don't buy for a second that Alex Smith has a chance of being the answer while Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Mike Glennon ALL simultaneously have zero chance.

No ****ing way.

If there's even a 10 percent chance any of those 3 guys could be as good as even Joe Flacco, pull the goddamn trigger, idiots.

Don't kid yourself.

If Alex Smyth is the answer, the question is "what would it take to get the sheep Chiefs fans to fill the parking lots again on Sundays?"

BigCatDaddy 03-13-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9492250)
One of these rookie QBs will be better than Alex Smith

That's the first post I've seen you make that acutally makes sense.