ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 11-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10160840)
I have no idea when KU has torn down goalposts. How do you keep track of so much MU trivia?

He spends a LOT of time on Mizzou boards.

doomy3 11-04-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10160552)
That's not stupid. It's ****ing awesome.

The greatest tradition in all of sports is tearing down the goalposts, carrying them to Harpo's, cutting them into pieces with a saw, and passing them out to fans as souvenirs. I defy anyone to name a cooler tradition.

Winning the conference championship in basketball every single year?

Saul Good 11-04-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10160856)
Winning the conference championship in basketball every single year?

Yay basketball. You should consider winning a football game against a conference opponent every single year. That would be a cool tradition.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-04-2013 09:05 PM

Football? Hoops!!!!

doomy3 11-04-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10160948)
Football? Hoops!!!!

Winning championships? Regular season mediocrity!!!!

Prison Bitch 11-04-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10160567)
Uh, what.

Tearing them down & hauling them to Harpo's is not remotely comparable. That's less than 5 miles. I did it in college once and got a piece ('97), it sits on my mantle next to one I got tearing town the GP's at NWMS after semi-final playoff win in '98!

Isn't that the bar in CoMo with the walls covered in pictures of big wins over KU?

Eleazar 11-04-2013 09:15 PM

Sometimes I come back to this thread and ROFL about the things we argue about here. Goalposts being one.

There's probably no situation where it's cool to do that. We did it when I was in school, and I think more than any excitement about football it was basically someone had the idea and spread it, and lots of drunk college guys were like "Cool, harmless drunken mayhem, count me in."

There are plenty of things to make fun of... Kansas' football program in general. Missouri's regular inability to finish, both in games and seasons. Kansas' disparity in support of football and basketball. Missouri not traveling so well. Embarrassing players and violations in the past on both sides.

I know this is some great storied rivalry of over a century but living in another part of the country, people aren't aware of it that much. It's sort of like one of those wars you hear about in a country whose name you can't pronounce. What are they fighting over? Who knows. Does it really even matter?

Anyway, you guys suck at football.

Prison Bitch 11-04-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10160992)
There are plenty of things to make fun of... Kansas' football program in general. Missouri's regular inability to finish, both in games and seasons. Kansas' disparity in support of football and basketball. Missouri not traveling so well. Embarrassing players and violations in the past on both sides.

And yet over 120 years, you split the head to head with that "terrible" program. When you left you were 7th in Big 12 all time win % at 54% and KU was 8th at 51%. So you can see why we'd laugh at the notion Mizzou is some historical powerhouse superior to Kansas, because it just ain't so.

Sully 11-04-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10160497)
Mizzou. 8-1
aTm. 7-2
Nebraska. 6-2
West Virginia. 4-5
Colorado. 3-5
TCU. 3-6

Old Big 12 teams: 24-10
New Big 12 teams: 7-11

Good job, Bitch.

Records don't mean shit

tredadda 11-04-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10160497)
Mizzou. 8-1
aTm. 7-2
Nebraska. 6-2
West Virginia. 4-5
Colorado. 3-5
TCU. 3-6

Old Big 12 teams: 24-10
New Big 12 teams: 7-11

Good job, Bitch.

Sagarin disagrees./Prisonbitch

Eleazar 11-04-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10161008)
And yet over 120 years, you split the head to head with that "terrible" program. When you left you were 7th in Big 12 all time win % at 54% and KU was 8th at 51%. So you can see why we'd laugh at the notion Mizzou is some historical powerhouse superior to Kansas, because it just ain't so.

I know it's hard to understand, given that you guys claim championships in an era of basketball with no postseason, but it's hard to see what records from the leather helmet days mean today. Oh yeah, well, 120 years ago... does anybody care much what happened in the 30s? What's the smack value of the 1936 game?

If youd like to talk conference records, how about 2 winning seasons in 20 years?

Pitt Gorilla 11-04-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10161008)

If we assume that Missouri really isn't much better than kansas, it makes the current situation that much more baffling; why did Missouri choose to leverage that status into a winning program (not only desired by the best conference in the country, but playing outstandingly well in said conference) while kansas chose to all but wave the white flag on their program? I mean, I understand people can be stupid and make horrible decisions, but this level of failure goes beyond negligence; it almost looks like sabotage. That is, if we assume that Missouri really isn't much better than kansas.

Bambi 11-05-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10161445)
If we assume that Missouri really isn't much better than kansas, it makes the current situation that much more baffling; why did Missouri choose to leverage that status into a winning program (not only desired by the best conference in the country, but playing outstandingly well in said conference) while kansas chose to all but wave the white flag on their program? I mean, I understand people can be stupid and make horrible decisions, but this level of failure goes beyond negligence; it almost looks like sabotage. That is, if we assume that Missouri really isn't much better than kansas.

Probably how much money is being brought in but who knows?

tredadda 11-05-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10162039)

I guess as long as the Big XII remains relevant you guys are good.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-05-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10162039)

Bevos bitch has benefits