ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Baby Lee 12-04-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10205677)
Lol on nipples & honeypot.
the other night on mike and molly....mike snooped on mollys pc and she had written some erotica. Mike was feeling guilty and this guy says......the hell with that she gave you a detailed map to her protected wetlands. Bahahaha

Is it sad that I tend to blush when I watch American Pickers with my parents, and they use that term for a place with a lot of valuable antiques?

Buehler445 12-05-2013 09:42 PM

So I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. I hadn't seen it before. And HOLY SHIT. That is a ****ed up movie. Jesus.

What does everyone else think about it? Is it great (I seem to remember people thinking it is great) or is it just another ****ed up movie?

Fire Me Boy! 12-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10251336)
So I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. I hadn't seen it before. And HOLY SHIT. That is a ****ed up movie. Jesus.

What does everyone else think about it? Is it great (I seem to remember people thinking it is great) or is it just another ****ed up movie?

Love that movie. Very Hichcockian.

Buehler445 12-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10251338)

I think I should think it is a good movie. But my expectations were way off. I thought Damon, Law and Paltrow killed their roles. Great acting. But I definitely wasn't expecting all the homo and crazy killing. I was expecting a Rainmaker type performance.

Dayze 12-06-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10251338)

yeah, I liked that one alot.
Seen it quite a few times.

Dayze 12-06-2013 11:09 PM

I watched "The Heat" last night with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
Holy shit I was in tears. Very fun movie. If you're a McCarthy fan / improved lines etc, she ****ing kills it. Bullock plays a very good straight counterpart.

Very enjoyable. Sit down for a silly movie for some laughs, and you'll be entertained. If you're not.....then you've probably got crabs.

Rasputin 12-06-2013 11:17 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rR2dKzkkP-w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this seen from Big Jake.

Rausch 12-10-2013 08:03 AM

Watched Thor 2.

Ugh.

Very dismapoint.

No reason for that movie to come back to earth. Just have it take place in Asgard.

Thought the two supporting actresses were $3it.

A number of scenes (and even sound effects) seemed right out of a Star Wars prequel.

Thor and Loki played well off each other. The Loki character becomes more complex and more fun to watch.

Buehler445 12-17-2013 10:02 AM

I caught Margin Call on Amazon Prime last night. It was decent enough as long as you have a cursory understanding of the mortgage backed securities crisis.

There is a lot of good acting done in that movie.

NewChief 12-17-2013 10:35 AM

I posted this in the cutting cable cost thread, but this is probably a better place:

Do any of you use an app or website to manage your movie viewing? Something like goodreads? I always have the problem of sitting in front of the TV and can't remember the movie that I've been wanting to watch.

I'd like something that has a mobile app as well as a full website. An ability to read other's reviews and such is a bonus.

DMAC 12-17-2013 10:44 AM

Europa Report was amaa

mikeyis4dcats. 12-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10287031)
I posted this in the cutting cable cost thread, but this is probably a better place:

Do any of you use an app or website to manage your movie viewing? Something like goodreads? I always have the problem of sitting in front of the TV and can't remember the movie that I've been wanting to watch.

I'd like something that has a mobile app as well as a full website. An ability to read other's reviews and such is a bonus.

some people just rate a movie on IMDB/Netflix/RT so they know they've seen it.

NewChief 12-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10287233)
some people just rate a movie on IMDB/Netflix/RT so they know they've seen it.

I'm mainly interested in keeping a "too watch" list. I think I can actually do that on imdb. I'm going to play around with it.

patteeu 12-17-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10287253)
I'm mainly interested in keeping a "too watch" list. I think I can actually do that on imdb. I'm going to play around with it.

Is that the list of movies that are more watch than you can handle? :)

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10287972)
Is that the list of movies that are more watch than you can handle? :)

ROFL ROFL - Sometimes you actually scare me.