ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

blaise 11-21-2011 08:48 AM

I think Lori drags the show down the most. Every time she's on it's like, "Here we go, an emotional conversation."

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8127009)
I think Lori drags the show down the most. Every time she's on it's like, "Here we go, an emotional conversation."

Every female character is an emotional roller coaster. Even Herschel's hot daughter.

Andrea can't hit a swinging log (literally) shoots 1 walker and transforms into Calamity Jane. They make a huge deal out of keeping guns rationed and away from everyone. The 8 year old, sporting a gut shot, who just came off of veterinarian life support wants a gun and everyone's all "great idea".

blaise 11-21-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8127026)
Every female character is an emotional roller coaster. Even Herschel's hot daughter.

Andrea can't hit a swinging log (literally) shoots 1 walker and transforms into Calamity Jane. They make a huge deal out of keeping guns rationed and away from everyone. The 8 year old, sporting a gut shot, who just came off of veterinarian life support wants a gun and everyone's all "great idea".

Seems like they waste a lot of ammo, too.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8127039)
Seems like they waste a lot of ammo, too.

Very inconsistent with the "noise brings the walkers to you." Shooting a few hundred rounds in the woods and Andrea goes walking off by herself in a hissy fit.

Gonzo 11-21-2011 09:30 AM

What can you do? I watch this show because I want to see someone get ****ing eaten.
It really needs to quit being such a soap opera and get back to what it was in the beginning... A Drama-Thriller-Horror.

HC_Chief 11-21-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8127141)
What can you do? I watch this show because I want to see someone get ****ing eaten.
It really needs to quit being such a soap opera and get back to what it was in the beginning... A Drama-Thriller-Horror.

+1

Brock 11-21-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8127026)

Yeah, this show is kinda starting to suck.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 11:41 AM

5 or 6 episodes this season, and the show has moved from point A (Sophia is missing) to point A (Sophia is still missing).

kaplin42 11-21-2011 01:28 PM

Lori to Rick "How dare you keep secrets from me"

Meanwhile not telling Rick that she is pregnant. Geh, I wanted a zombie to jump up and gnaw her scrawny little ass.

And I unfortunately think this show has HEROES syndrome. Started off amazing, but they have no idea what they are doing now. Seriously, how many episodes at the stupid farm, with the stupid girl missing. FFS, can we move on some.

And whats with everyone wondering off by themselves all the time? In the post zombie apocalypse environment, I wouldn't take a piss unless someone was there to make sure it was safe.

Comic to TV Show Spoiler
Spoiler!

Bowser 11-21-2011 01:32 PM

ChiefsPlanet to Walking Dead writers -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l1YmS_VDvMY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I'm there, too. The girl drama is getting to be a bit much, and they're stretching the hell out of Herschel's farm. But unlike many of you, I'm not getting the "steaming POS" feeling, yet. I still get the feeling it's all building up to something awesomely big.

kaplin42 11-21-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8127754)
ChiefsPlanet to Walking Dead writers -

I think I'm there, too. The girl drama is getting to be a bit much, and they're stretching the hell out of Herschel's farm. But unlike many of you, I'm not getting the "steaming POS" feeling, yet. I still get the feeling it's all building up to something awesomely big.

I enter HEROES season one as evidence, with specific emphasis on the finale.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2011 01:50 PM

Its been mentioned before but the extended farm setting is probably because of the slash in budget. (less sets, etc....)

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8127801)
Its been mentioned before but the extended farm setting is probably because of the slash in budget. (less sets, etc....)

I think the writers need to realize that in todays internet spoiler age people are going to know or guess a lot of the major "surprises". You don't need 5 episodes to "shock" people with the barn having zombies. Everyone knows or has guessed it 3 episodes ago. I think everyone can guess what the mid-season cliffhanger surprise is going to be.

It's a zombie show. We don't need love triangles. Instead of character development, you have the characters growing more and more annoying. Does anyone care if Rick, his wife, Andrea, the redneck woman, or the black guy get eaten?

raybec 4 11-21-2011 02:10 PM

Does it bother anyone else that Darryl found a small closet where someone had obviously been sleeping but they never returned to it? Now the god damn doll is their best clue?

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 8127858)
Does it bother anyone else that Darryl found a small closet where someone had obviously been sleeping but they never returned to it? Now the god damn doll is their best clue?

With fresh food - sardine cans in the garbage can. Why give up on that spot?