ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Bump 05-18-2012 01:05 AM

Act 3 in Nightmare, it gets tough but after I switched to a badass 2 hander and a couple of upgrades, I'm doing fine now. I was dying like crazy there for a minute.

Sofa King 05-18-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8623644)
THink i got to 34 or 35 last night. Going to try and hit 39 tonight though im pretty damn tired from a week of not getting enough sleep

Sweet. I caught up to you.

I'm sitting at about 34 with my Wizard. I do just short of 600 damage, which i hope to increase by eliminating some of my vitality gear and going full dps. I should be able to get it over 800 easily.

I definitely kill shit a lot quicker than anyone else I've been playing with (monk, barb, demon hunter). Although to be fair the barb stacked a SHITLOAD of health so he can tank anything. Hits don't even register on that dude. I can clear a mob nearly as fast by myself as those other 3 can clear a mob.

I can't wait to use some of the higher skills that are coming up, should be fun.

And what's funny is I'm currently hauling around a ****ing mace... I dumped my wand... The damn mace had higher dmg and it has 120 Intelligence with it. LMAO

Does anyone else find an INSANE amount of yellow crossbows and bows? It's ****ing ridiculous. Of the yellow items i found in the entire game so far, I bet at least 25% of them have been bows or crossbows. Seriously. At least 1 in every 4 yellows is a ****ing weapon for a demon hunter.

suds79 05-18-2012 07:32 AM

Had to make the switch.

Grand total time playing as witch doctor? I'd say about 4 hours. Taking in all the lore & story. lvl 9. Struggling against bosses. WD has nice options early on as meat shields (zombie dogs & Jar of spiders) but they don't do any damage. Beat the skeleton king just barely and took a break from him.

Then switched to Barbarian. Wow what a difference. The experience was so much better. The animations of smacking a guy and he flies up 20 feet in the air cracks me up. Worth the price of admission. Got to the same place I am with WD in 1/2 the time.

Really enjoying the new character so far.

Saulbadguy 05-18-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8624121)
Had to make the switch.

Grand total time playing as witch doctor? I'd say about 4 hours. Taking in all the lore & story. lvl 9. Struggling against bosses. WD has nice options early on as meat shields (zombie dogs & Jar of spiders) but they don't do any damage. Beat the skeleton king just barely and took a break from him.

Then switched to Barbarian. Wow what a difference. The experience was so much better. The animations of smacking a guy and he flies up 20 feet in the air cracks me up. Worth the price of admission. Got to the same place I am with WD in 1/2 the time.

you're doing it wrong.

The Iron Chief 05-18-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8624121)
Had to make the switch.

This is the EXACT experience I went thru.
WD first has a lot of fun spells but lacks any real power aside from the bats but there goes your mana.
Then I went to Barb who I expected to play last but my god, Barbs are the Hulk with weapons.
HUGE difference!

suds79 05-18-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Iron Chief (Post 8624124)
This is the EXACT experience I went thru.
WD first has a lot of fun spells but lacks any real power aside from the bats but there goes your mana.
Then I went to Barb who I expected to play last but my god Barbs are the Hulk with weapons.
HUGE difference!

100% my exerpience. Exact same thing.

fire bats are great with WD but burn through your mana like nobody's business.

Really wanted to get to the gargantuan someday because I think that guy looks sweet but it's not worth it struggling to get there.

They'd better make some of his late skills really sweet because the early on grind sucks.

Sofa King 05-18-2012 08:40 AM

witch doctors are severely underpowered in this game. From what I've seen, the barb is a ****ing beast, and the Wizard is a mega dps machine with great crowd control..

The monk is a good group character to have, and the demon hunter GETS ALL THE ****ING BEST DROPS.

Fritz88 05-18-2012 08:41 AM

DIII sux.

Sofa King 05-18-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8624227)
DIII sux.

I know you are but what am I?

suds79 05-18-2012 08:51 AM

Apparently the Witch Doctor's exploding zombie dogs do massive damage.

explode for 275% weapon damage as Physical, affecting all enemies within 12 yards.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HQSK_YX6kbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still, that's a one time hit. They take a while before you can recast them.

Fritz88 05-18-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8624229)
I know you are but what am I?

Yes.

QuikSsurfer 05-18-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8624098)
Does anyone else find an INSANE amount of yellow crossbows and bows? It's ****ing ridiculous. Of the yellow items i found in the entire game so far, I bet at least 25% of them have been bows or crossbows. Seriously. At least 1 in every 4 yellows is a ****ing weapon for a demon hunter.

The loot is random for each player but yes, the majority of rare items i've found have been high dex - which is great for my Demon Hunter. Mostly bows and a few pieces of armor here and there. Last night my buddy and I were getting crazy amounts of rare items -- again, mostly high dex items so I was getting to claim the majority of them (he is rolling as a barb)

QuikSsurfer 05-18-2012 09:09 AM

You guys trying to roll as Witch Doctors understand that their skills are DoT, right?

Valiant 05-18-2012 09:33 AM

Playing a wizard. Two friends arebarbarians,figure it would be easy? All they do is die. I like the wizard, just kite shit. Play it like a frost mage from wow. Only died once, got knocked back into a crowd of zombies and there were four of the women that vomit them up that I could not get to.

I agree on drops, I don't get shit for my class. Almostall the gear is bows xbows and quivers.

The Franchise 05-18-2012 10:05 AM

Anybody playing as a Demon Hunter?? Normally my first character is a Barb.....but I'm thinking about switching it up this time.