ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Al Bundy 08-14-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9886044)
Naturals manager Brian Poldberg said Kyle Zimmer was pulled because he was complaining of "stiffness," and they were being extra cautious.

Steven Davis ‏@Steven_Davis3 5m

.@nwanaturals pitcher Kyle Zimmer taken out after 2 innings as a precaution after feeling arm stiffness

Today was a GREAT day for us Royals fans.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9886111)
When does Moose come back?

If I remember correctly Vernier said that Moose might be able to pinch hit if needed for the Tigers series. Doesn't really answer the question, but that's all I know.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886105)
Lose a series to Boston, Detroit, Baltimore? Fine. This was unacceptable. We have missed two golden opportunities the past two days. If we just don't play terrible we win them and are sitting 3 games back of both wildcard spots and are ahead of all the other contenders.

Instead we are 5 back of both spots and only 0.5 ahead of the freaking Yankees. Add in the fact that the biggest series we have had since 1985 is shaping up to be an absolute disaster, well, it's hard to stay positive right now.

If we don't make the playoffs it is likely by just a few games and these past two turds will be the first ones that we think of on our couch watching the Chiefs matriculate 5 yards at a time instead of watching playoff baseball.

I totally understand and agree fully. I just can't give up. And I don't mean that in some weird, homeristic, tears in my eyes, chokin' up kind of way... I seriously feel that we're capable of taking three from Detroit. If we get swept or win only one game then I may throw in the towel, but I'm just not gonna say it's over yet.

SPATCH 08-14-2013 09:18 PM

Honestly, though... 22 games ago if someone would have said we would go on a 17-5 run I would have been ecstatic. Looking back, I'm not really going to trip about where those losses came from.

We just need to regroup.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886120)
I totally understand and agree fully. I just can't give up. And I don't mean that in some weird, homeristic, tears in my eyes, chokin' up kind of way... I seriously feel that we're capable of taking three from Detroit. If we get swept or win only one game then I may throw in the towel, but I'm just not gonna say it's over yet.

I can see where you're coming from. With a full, healthy lineup I would be right there with you, but not with our current players out. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as possible, but this series tomorrow is HUGE and if these past 2 games are any indication of anything, ouch.

These injuries, if they haven't already, are going to just kill us though, I think. Lorenzo Cain is a nearly irreplaceable glove in CF, Moustakas is miles better than anyone we trot out at the 3b position until he is back, and Tejada's injury kills for obvious reasons at 2nd.

I probably just pointed out obvious things, but i'm still trying to get over this ****ing series. I just don't think, that with our current lineup, we are that big of a threat to the Tigers. BUT, maybe our pitching can carry the team like they have for most of the year, who knows.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9886127)
Honestly, though... 22 games ago if someone would have said we would go on a 17-5 run I would have been ecstatic. Looking back, I'm not really going to trip about where those losses came from.

We just need to regroup.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm trying to say. Sure, we really crapped out with this series but I just feel anything is possible with this team.

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9886140)
I can see where you're coming from. With a full, healthy lineup I would be right there with you, but not with our current players out. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as possible, but this series tomorrow is HUGE and if these past 2 games are any indication of anything, ouch.

These injuries, if they haven't already, are going to just kill us though, I think. Lorenzo Cain is a nearly irreplaceable glove in CF, Moustakas is miles better than anyone we trot out at the 3b position until he is back, and Tejada's injury kills for obvious reasons at 2nd.

I probably just pointed out obvious things, but i'm still trying to get over this ****ing series. I just don't think, that with our current lineup, we are that big of a threat to the Tigers. BUT, maybe our pitching can carry the team like they have for most of the year, who knows.

You're absolutely right. If anything does us in it's gonna be these ridiculously untimely injuries.

penbrook 08-14-2013 09:36 PM

We need Moose and Cain back ASAP. Plus get a second baseman from FA. Perhaps a Ryan Theriot.

SPATCH 08-14-2013 10:09 PM

Hell, I'd take Brandon Inge at this point. He hasn't batted worth a shit for a while, but at least he's got a history of hacing some pop from the right side... idk

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 9886120)

I can't and haven't given up either. Back before they ever went on this stretch I made a post that they would be making a movie out of this season because I just had/have a feeling that something special is going to happen this season.

But as we sit right now it is really hard to see it happening. Obviously the Detroit series could be the rallying point that turns the tables and we finally catch up to them by doing it ourselves since we got no help all this time. But with all these injuries it could also put us in an impossible hole to get out of.

tk13 08-14-2013 10:12 PM

This upcoming series has far more weight than what happened today. No doubt today sucked hard though. But you can't call the season over after 1 bad game when the team's coming off a 17-3 stretch.

Great Expectations 08-14-2013 10:13 PM

The injuries suck, DM's response to them sucks worse

mr. tegu 08-14-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9886231)
The injuries suck, DM's response to them sucks worse

That pretty much sums it up.

C3HIEF3S 08-14-2013 10:18 PM

I wish we would try Lough out in center, I think he could do it he has good speed. Then that opens us up to playing Maxwell in right and still have Lough in the lineup. Thoughts?

Someone mentioned either in a game thread or previously in this one, but it would go something as follows:

Vs RHP
Dyson- CF, Lough- RF

Vs LHP
Lough- CF, Maxwell- RF

MVChiefFan 08-14-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9886228)
I can't and haven't given up either. Back before they ever went on this stretch I made a post that they would be making a movie out of this season because I just had/have a feeling that something special is going to happen this season.

But as we sit right now it is really hard to see it happening. Obviously the Detroit series could be the rallying point that turns the tables and we finally catch up to them by doing it ourselves since we got no help all this time. But with all these injuries it could also put us in an impossible hole to get out of.

I do remember the movie post you made...that was good stuff!!! We'll call this series the "Bobby takes out Daniel's knee in the karate tournament and all hope is lost" point in the movie. Here's to a great ending Mr. Tegu!!! :clap: