ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Bambi 11-03-2013 09:40 PM

Watched Mud last night. Best film I've seen in years.

Buehler445 11-03-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10156269)
I was overwhelmed with how good The Descendants was.

I need time to ruminate, but it seemed more than a good movie, edging into an era defining classic.

I won't spoil it here, might make a separate thread at some point with my thoughts, but it really put a nuanced and original touch on an aspect of our culture that's really hot right now without preaching or even taking a stand. Just presenting a story that is very moving.

Great. Goddamn. Movie.

I saw it having not heard of it. While not terribly happy or uplifting it is an incredible movie. I'm not all that much of a Clooney fan, although he is good in a role being "cool". This is far far outside of that caricature, and he killed it. This with Gravity, I may have to change my mind.

Dayze 11-04-2013 09:05 AM

watched "Touchback" the other day on a lazy Saturday. good movie. Not Oscar winning or anything close, but just a good little movie to watch when you're chilling out.

frankotank 11-04-2013 01:34 PM

because of the dude being on sons of anarchy.....I decided it's time to watch Robo Cop again.
I thought it'd be terrible, but it actually isn't that bad of a movie.

ThaVirus 11-07-2013 10:03 PM

VHS 2 wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen.

Fairplay 11-08-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10157732)
Watched Mud last night. Best film I've seen in years.

Starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon, Reese was in it maybe 10 minutes, 5 minutes she actually talked.

No dialogue between Matt and Reese, no scene together actually.

Matt can't do a movie unless we runs around with his shirt off, Reese didn't do us the favor.

Rausch 11-08-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10168856)
VHS 2 wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen.

But it was definitely Sci-Fi channel worthy.

Did no justice to the first...

frankotank 11-08-2013 02:08 PM

my wife wants to go see the new Thor movie tomorrow.
I didn't hate the first one or anything....but I'd be perfectly fine with waiting for the online rental.

anyones sees it tonight holla at a brotha.

blaise 11-08-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10170112)
my wife wants to go see the new Thor movie tomorrow.
I didn't hate the first one or anything....but I'd be perfectly fine with waiting for the online rental.

anyones sees it tonight holla at a brotha.

I bet he smashes some cars and buildings fighting some kind of supervillain. Then he prevails, but not before a secondary character suffers a tragedy.
And he probably has some internal conflict that he needs to talk about with a hot chick.

Hammock Parties 11-09-2013 10:44 AM

Watched Star Wars Episode II last night for the first time since the movie came out.

It's worse than I remember.

The acting and dialogue is so laughably bad, which was reinforced by a first-time viewing partner beside me. The bluescreen work is also ****ing horrible...tons of shit in that movie look so ****ing fake. Honestly the special effects in Empire look better.

What a shit show.

Episode I > Episode II

In58men 11-09-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10150629)
As funny as those parts were the interview part in the library was just as bad.

That was my favorite scene. "How did we get on this journey" ROFL

hometeam 11-09-2013 04:42 PM

I looked at movies tonight and didn't see a damn thing worth watching...

Except for 'Bad Grandpa' which I watched last weekend and was absolutely laughing my ass off with tears streaming down my face for most of the movie.

But that does not help me for tonight!

Baby Lee 11-09-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10172436)
I looked at movies tonight and didn't see a damn thing worth watching...

Except for 'Bad Grandpa' which I watched last weekend and was absolutely laughing my ass off with tears streaming down my face for most of the movie.

But that does not help me for tonight!

Have you seen The Descendants mentioned above?

Doesn't seem like many have, for an Oscar nom/winner.

Also, the Raid 2 thread reminded me how much mindless fun The Raid was.

If you want a great drama, the former.

If you want mindless cool carnage, the latter.

Two good movies that couldn't be more different.

WhiteWhale 11-09-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10150191)
Watched a 2007 movie with Scarlett Johannsen called the Island. Watched it twice.

She's so ****in' hot in that movie.

When i saw that movie though, I noticed it has the exact same plot as a movie I saw on Mystery Science Theater 3000 called 'the clonus horror'. Effects, stunts, and Scarlett's bouncing jugs aside, it's the same movie.

KCUnited 11-09-2013 07:52 PM

I watched Magic Magic. I can see how some might not like the ending, but I enjoyed the flick. Unsettling for sure. I don't even like Cera but appreciated his effort here, plus that Juno Temple arouses me.