ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

alnorth 12-05-2012 09:48 PM

The reason why trading Myers is tough is because he's not really a prospect. He might not start on opening day just because if we park him in Omaha for 3 or 4 weeks we get another year outta him, but by late May and June he should be our RF.

If the deal was Gordon or Butler for Shields, we'd react negatively because we lose offense to gain pitching and wind up where we were at, which is the same here because Frenchy sucks and Myers is supposed to be the unblocked upgrade.

Al Bundy 12-05-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9183977)
I'll discuss Myers and other quality prospects to the Rays for David Price or Matt Moore. Otherwise, pound sand.

QFT

siberian khatru 12-05-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9183990)
The reason why trading Myers is tough is because he's not really a prospect. He might not start on opening day just because if we park him in Omaha for 3 or 4 weeks we get another year outta him, but by late May and June he should be our RF.

If the deal was Gordon or Butler for Shields, we'd react negatively because we lose offense to gain pitching and wind up where we were at, which is the same here because Frenchy sucks and Myers is supposed to be the unblocked upgrade.

Exactly. That's why Glass should soften that ceiling a helluva lot more. We can BUY good pitching, keep Myers for RF, and be a BETTER team than if we traded him.

SAUTO 12-05-2012 09:52 PM

Myers is the guy who is going to break our hr record.
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth 12-05-2012 09:52 PM

OK, given all the hypotheticals out there being talked about, I've reached a decision on Myers, hopefully someone with the Royals is reading this thread.

Don't trade Myers. Its not worth it. This is not a normal prospect, he could be a perennial all-star. Unless there is some hilariously lopsided deal out there that we haven't even dreamed about, just plan on promoting Myers in May and moving Frenchy to the bench. Be patient. Wait till January if nothing comes up, some pitcher who is better than God damned Hochevar will come along, ready to be bought, and hopefully when we upgrade our RF offense that'll be enough.

siberian khatru 12-05-2012 09:55 PM

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli
"The best hitter in the minors, whom we'll offer a Longoria contract, for 2 pricy years of a pitcher we don't need? I'll need more, Dayton."

Cephalic Trauma 12-05-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9184004)
Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli
"The best hitter in the minors, whom we'll offer a Longoria contract, for 2 pricy years of a pitcher we don't need? I'll need more, Dayton."

ROFL

tk13 12-05-2012 09:56 PM

I think Dutton just wanted to watch the message boards freak out.

siberian khatru 12-05-2012 09:58 PM

Everybody really needs to check out #RoyalsRounders

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-05-2012 10:01 PM

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Would think #royals would have to give up more than just wil myers for big game james

Saul Good 12-05-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9183741)
I did expect that we wouldn't have our starting MLB murder his GF then shoot himself infront of the coaching staff, so yeah guess mine were too high.

It's a process.

Shogun 12-05-2012 10:06 PM

Gotta imagine its going to happen. Kicked the tires first, deal went silent for a minute, talks remaining. I'd guess no later than Saturday its done.

alnorth 12-05-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9184026)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

Would think #royals would have to give up more than just wil myers for big game james

I've read plenty of mockery on "royals trading Myers for X" speculation from outside fans on a non-Royals related message board to know that we'll be condemned and roundly mocked if we trade Myers for Shields. Or Dickey, or Holland.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-05-2012 10:11 PM

The Program ‏ @ theprogramkc
If any FA that requires more than 3 years is out because of ownership's cheapness... what does Moore do. Suck his thumb or try to win? Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
2m The Program ‏

@ theprogramkc
However Dayton Moore still has to try to win even if ownership won't let him sign a guy for what it takes. So, if Sanchez is out, then what? Expand
3m The Program ‏

@ theprogramkc
The entire world agrees that signing Sanchez vs. trading prospects/resources (Myers) is a no brainer... so everyone can relax. Expand
4m The Program ‏

@ theprogramkc
Lobbying for signing Sanchez in FA is not inventing the wheel. It is a no brainer. If ownership is not going to green light it... then what?

Chiefspants 12-05-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9184044)
Gotta imagine its going to happen. Kicked the tires first, deal went silent for a minute, talks remaining. I'd guess no later than Saturday its done.

:(