ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

|Zach| 09-22-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8935695)
it's not like 8 wins is a huge stretch.... UCF, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Syracuse would put them at 6, which leaves Tennessee, A&M, and Alabama.

Exactly.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8935689)
SO now that you're getting your shit pushed in you want to represent the Big XII? Get the **** out of here with that shit

That's not for anyone but qabbaan....****ing idiot

Want to represent? What does that mean? I just said, everyone is happy about the move. No results this season would change that. The meaning of the post is obvious. The evidence we have suggests that the standards of play are definitely different.

Old Dog 09-22-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8935696)
You guys are projecting a few losses on to the rest of the season. That is some knee jerk reactionary shit right there.

I'm the one that just said Mizzou would still make a bowl game. Losses to top 10 teams are not much to be worried about IMO. I'm not projecting anything.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8935671)
Whatever that name may be Missouri won't be there when it is all said and done.

We shall see, they were very fortunate to win against Arizona State. Missed extra point was the difference.

Good luck, seriously. I have no loyalty to any other team in the SEC.

Bearcat 09-22-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8935682)
I get the SEC fans cracking jokes, but I don't get the Big 12 fans and people I see on twitter, etc. cracking jokes. It flies in the face of all the Big 12 fans that have spent a half decade scoffing at the idea the SEC is tougher. Mizzou has gotten their face pushed in so far.

Obviously, not all Big 12 fans share that opinion.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935702)
We shall see, they were very fortunate to win against Arizona State. Missed extra point was the difference.

Good luck, seriously. I have no loyalty to any other team in the SEC.

So we are lucky because they missed and EP...yet they are [fill in the blank] because we missed 3 FGs.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8935722)
So we are lucky because they missed and EP...yet they are [fill in the blank] because we missed 3 FGs.

Yes, extra points are far more automatic and expected.

Al Bundy 09-22-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8935695)
For all the stupid shit Saul says, it's not like 8 wins is a huge stretch.... UCF, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Syracuse would put them at 6, which leaves Tennessee, A&M, and Alabama.

They aren't beating UCF next week.

kstater 09-22-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8935686)
That's true. To see a top third big 12 team getting punched in the mouth in the SEC doesn't do much to dispel the idea that the Big 12 measures up to the standard of play there

0 chance MU would be a top third Big 12 team this year.

|Zach| 09-22-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935727)
Yes

You forgot to fill in the blank. I am trying to understand your laffy taffy logic.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8935730)
You forgot to fill in the blank. I am trying to understand your laffy taffy logic.

I did edit my post. You are the Mizzou fan, you fill in the blank, your post. I see it from a different side.

Rams Fan 09-22-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935660)

He is the guy that said you guys would go to a bowl this year.

I don't see how that is out of the realm of possibility.

Mr. Plow 09-22-2012 05:42 PM

Ugh. As a KU fan, the last thing I would do after getting beat by NIU would be to come in here and talk shit about MU losing today.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8935745)
Ugh. As a KU fan, the last thing I would do after getting beat by NIU would be to come in here and talk shit about MU losing today.

I am not that much of a KU football fan, in fact when I made the post I didn't even know they had lost to NIU.
This post was all about the claims that Saul Good made, the rest is collateral damage. :D There are others and I will find them.

Mr. Plow 09-22-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935765)
I am not that much of a KU football fan, in fact when I made the post I didn't even know they had lost to NIU.
This post was all about the claims that Saul Good made, the rest is collateral damage. :D There are others and I will find them.

My guess would be that MU fans - while probably disappointed with the last 5/6 quarters of football, are probably about where they expected to be record-wise.

Bowser 09-22-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8935775)
My guess would be that MU fans - while probably disappointed with the last 5/6 quarters of football, are probably about where they expected to be record-wise.

Mizzou will struggle mightily to get to 7 wins this year. In fact, I think I'd call that a success if they do get there.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

I actually sympathize with most MU fans on here, and wish them well.
Saul Good, not so much. I am still looking, but he claimed SC was not a factor, and Mizzou would have 9 wins. Wish I was better at the search function.

Mr. Plow 09-22-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8935780)
Mizzou will struggle mightily to get to 7 wins this year. In fact, I think I'd call that a success if they do get there.

You might be right, who knows. I think they'll get to 7 wins, personally.

WilliamTheIrish 09-22-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8935781)
I actually sympathize with most MU fans on here, and wish them well.
Saul Good, not so much. I am still looking, but he claimed SC was not a factor, and Mizzou would have 9 wins. Wish I was better at the search function.

Don't forget; there are two of these threads.

HemiEd 09-22-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8935798)
Don't forget; there are two of these threads.

Thanks William, I just found some of the quotes I was referring to.

But I have to be honest, he was talking about last year in those quotes, as that is when they were making the move to the SEC.

My bad I guess.

qabbaan 09-22-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

I'm disappointed we didn't beat Georgia because we definitely could have, and I'm disappointed we didn't show up today. But yeah.

007 09-22-2012 06:51 PM

Holy shit

RustShack 09-22-2012 09:00 PM

Look at the bright side, Iowa isn't 0-4 like they should be.

Bewbies 09-22-2012 09:06 PM

Mizzou got beat by two top 10 teams, big whoop. If Vandy pushes their shit in you've got a problem.

But you don't. Keep your heads up, outside of Bama it gets easier from here...

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8936353)
Mizzou got beat by two top 10 teams, big whoop. If Vandy pushes their shit in you've got a problem.

The big issue, in my mind, is the impending QB controversy.

Bowser 09-22-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8936501)
The big issue, in my mind, is the impending QB controversy.

It's about time they realized they have a receiver playing QB.

Ebolapox 09-22-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8936514)
It's about time they realized they have a receiver playing QB.

he'll play on sundays the way that brad smith plays on sundays. he'll make a great returner and decent WR, but as a QB, no thanks.

FloridaMan88 09-22-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8936353)

ROFL Missouri is now the Kentucky of SEC football... except without a top flight basketball program to look forward to. They are the Vanderbilt of the SEC, without the academic reputation.

Bewbies 09-22-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 8936625)
ROFL Missouri is now the Kentucky of SEC football... except without a top flight basketball program to look forward to. They are the Vanderbilt of the SEC, without the academic reputation.

Are you 50/50?

BryanBusby 09-22-2012 11:08 PM

Man I wish we could be more like the Hurricanes.

http://i.imgur.com/mYYZA.jpg

Brock 09-22-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

What, Missouri is some kind of slouch in basketball now?

ArrowheadHawk 09-22-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8936711)
What, Missouri is some kind of slouch in basketball now?

Norfolkin' way.

Bewbies 09-22-2012 11:56 PM

Miami is the ACC's bitch. The ACC.

Saul Good 09-25-2012 08:06 AM

Holy shit. I just saw this crap being spewed by Hemi. What a ****ing loser. Mizzou loses to a couple of top ten teams, and suddenly he's talking shit about my prediction that we would go to a bowl game?

Meanwhile, Kansas has just lost back to back games against Rice (at home) and Northern Illinois and looks like they will not win a single game all year against a division one school, so he's suddenly a KSU fan?

I guess it's easy to bounce from team to team when you weren't smart enough to go to college, but you sure sound stupid when you talk shit from behind the skirts of different teams depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

Saul Good 09-25-2012 08:10 AM

Back to what I came to post, though...

Just read an article that discussed Florida. If they were to make a run to the title, they would likely have to beat all of the teams currently ranked in the top six.

They have LSU, Florida State, Georgia, and South Carolina on the schedule. They would likely play Alabama in the conference championship game, and then they would have Oregon if Oregon wins out. Tough road...

Saul Good 09-25-2012 05:53 PM

Sounds like Notre Dame has canceled the Michigan series.

RustShack 09-26-2012 03:03 PM

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujZCe6PpPPo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujZCe6PpPPo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

eazyb81 09-28-2012 12:08 PM

Despite matching two top 15 teams, last week's big OU-KSU game tanked in the national ratings.

Should be a big eye opener for the appeal of the Big 12 outside of its tiny geographic footprint.

FOX...OU vs KState....1.7 rating
ESPN...Arizona vs Oregon (midnight game here) 2.1 rating
ABC...FSU vs Clemson...3.2 rating
NBC...Notre Dame vs Michigan...4.0 rating

RustShack 09-28-2012 12:19 PM

Doesn't help that OU is down, and that KState just isn't a sexy team, at all.

RustShack 09-28-2012 12:21 PM

At least a Big12 team has a rap song made about them by Tech N9ne!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReB9sqS8aIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReB9sqS8aIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

eazyb81 09-28-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8956900)
Doesn't help that OU is down, and that KState just isn't a sexy team, at all.

OU wasn't "down" until they lost the game.

RustShack 09-28-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8956907)
OU wasn't "down" until they lost the game.

Everyone knew coming into the year OU and the Big12 in general was down. Maybe the ultimate suck of the B1G has just masked that a.. a lot.

ghak99 09-28-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8956905)
At least a Big12 team has a rap song made about them by Tech N9ne!

:hmmm:... I'm not a fan of the children of the corn, but I actually like that.

OmahaChief 09-28-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8952792)
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujZCe6PpPPo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujZCe6PpPPo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I loved that.

Kansas trying to out douche Nebraska since 1864 was epic. Always liked ISU and wish them nothing but the best.

OmahaChief 09-28-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

I preface this by saying I am a big Miami fan but no Miami fan should talk smack at this point to anyone. Miami is now the NC State of the ACC without a remotely decent basketball team.

HemiEd 09-28-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8949199)
Holy shit. I just saw this crap being spewed by Hemi. What a ****ing loser. Mizzou loses to a couple of top ten teams, and suddenly he's talking shit about my prediction that we would go to a bowl game?

Meanwhile, Kansas has just lost back to back games against Rice (at home) and Northern Illinois and looks like they will not win a single game all year against a division one school, so he's suddenly a KSU fan?

I guess it's easy to bounce from team to team when you weren't smart enough to go to college, but you sure sound stupid when you talk shit from behind the skirts of different teams depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

LMAO
No bouncing here, I went to WSU and have been a K-State fan since the Jack Hartman days. I love me some KU basketball as well, as I have said many times, all things Kansas.

At least I don't have to jump to soccer to find a team to root for.

That being said, you were the big mouthpiece making all the claims and running down the big 12. You made a lot of claims, and a lot of disparaging remarks about the remaining teams in the big 12. I will enjoy YOUR failures.

Don't you have some payroll checks to sign? Its the end of the month.

Pitt Gorilla 09-28-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8957140)
LMAO
No bouncing here, I went to WSU and have been a K-State fan since the Jack Hartman days. I love me some KU basketball as well, as I have said many times, all things Kansas.

That being said, you were the big mouthpiece making all the claims and running down the big 12. You made a lot of claims, and a lot of disparaging remarks about the remaining teams in the big 12. I will enjoy YOUR failures.

This seems like an insanely great idea. I could pick up 11 World Series Wins and a more-recent Super Bowl trophy with an "All Things Missouri" stance.

Duke fans could pick up some football cred with North Carolina or NC State. For fans in California, Florida, Texas, and New York, the sky is the limit! In Florida alone, you've got the Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes, one of which should be pretty good at any given time. The professional options are great as well.

I have no idea why more people don't adopt such a stance. Simply brilliant.

Trevo_410 09-28-2012 02:32 PM

let's get back to reality here guys...

Quote:

Despite matching two top 15 teams, last week's big OU-KSU game tanked in the national ratings.

Should be a big eye opener for the appeal of the Big 12 outside of its tiny geographic footprint.

Report Message

Bewbies 09-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/OqQ0e.gif

HemiEd 09-28-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8957188)
This seems like an insanely great idea. I could pick up 11 World Series Wins and a more-recent Super Bowl trophy with an "All Things Missouri" stance.

Duke fans could pick up some football cred with North Carolina or NC State. For fans in California, Florida, Texas, and New York, the sky is the limit! In Florida alone, you've got the Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes, one of which should be pretty good at any given time. The professional options are great as well.

Just hang around and learn.

Do you root against Missouri State?

Pitt Gorilla 09-28-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8957357)

Usually I'm indifferent, although I occasionally root against them.

duncan_idaho 09-28-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8957357)

I'd answer, but ChiefsCountry and I have been getting along so well of late. :)

HemiEd 09-28-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8957432)
Usually I'm indifferent, although I occasionally root against them.

I am just that way I guess, always wanted them all three to do well. It is really tough when KU is playing K-State.

WSU trumps all though, and on the few occasions when they have played one of the other two, it is all about the Shockers.

Up here, lots of people hate either the Cubs or White Sox if they like one of them. But some, like them both and want to see their local teams do well.

ArrowheadHawk 09-28-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8957453)
I am just that way I guess, always wanted them all three to do well. It is really tough when KU is playing K-State.

WSU trumps all though, and on the few occasions when they have played one of the other two, it is all about the Shockers.

Up here, lots of people hate either the Cubs or White Sox if they like one of them. But some, like them both and want to see their local teams do well.

WSU is awesome at football....oh wait.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8956864)

Guess the Cats and the XII will just have to settle for a tiny footprint but swinging a great big dick.

ChiefsCountry 09-28-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8957434)
I'd answer, but ChiefsCountry and I have been getting along so well of late. :)

Its not basketball or college baseball season yet. ;)

Saul Good 09-29-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8957188)

I just realized that I've always been a Cardinals fan, and I'll never forget the Rams Superbowl victory.

Saul Good 09-29-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Celebrates all things Kansas

Is fan of NFL team from Missouri

qabbaan 09-29-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8959326)
I just realized that I've always been a Cardinals fan, and I'll never forget the Rams Superbowl victory.

My friends who are Dodger fans feel the same way about the Giants.

duncan_idaho 09-29-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8957775)
Its not basketball or college baseball season yet. ;)

Your baseball program has surpassed ours again. And it's not going to get better playing in the SEC next year.

Time for Jamieson to go. Fresh blood, or they will get killed in conference play.

Saul Good 09-30-2012 07:16 AM

Steele Jantz's Heisman chances took a minor step back with his performance against Tech.

10/20 passing for 73 yards and 3 INTs, and 19 carries for 14 yards on the ground. Maybe he will slip down to where the Chiefs draft so we don't have to trade up.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-06-2012 08:33 PM

Missouri / Texas A&M for WV / TCU is looking mighty good right now...

RustShack 10-06-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Badguy (Post 8960263)
Steele Jantz's Heisman chances took a minor step back with his performance against Tech.

10/20 passing for 73 yards and 3 INTs, and 19 carries for 14 yards on the ground. Maybe he will slip down to where the Chiefs draft so we don't have to trade up.

Physically hes there, but hes still pretty raw and for some reason isn't putting it all together. Still a better talent than Cassel, but like many elite talents... looks like this is another wasted one.

Barnett is probably better off for the team since we have a good running game and defense, and he plays more like the smart veteran.

Beerthirty 10-12-2012 06:28 PM

Cant find Basketball thread. Anybody have a link to ESPN3 tonight to watch Mizzou's Midnight Madness? They have some of it on ESPNU but carrying Mizzou on 3. Thanks

Saul Good 11-11-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8983620)
Missouri / Texas A&M for WV / TCU is looking mighty good right now...

Not so much.

notorious 11-11-2012 09:43 AM

A&M's head coach looks like he knows what he is doing.

HolyHandgernade 11-11-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9105534)
Not so much.

Push.

Saul Good 11-11-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9105775)
Push.

The new SEC teams have a better combined record, and aTm is ranked in the top 15. Neither Big 12 team is ranked. Not a push.

KChiefs1 11-11-2012 01:13 PM

SEC improved & the Big 12 got weaker.

HolyHandgernade 11-11-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9105880)
The new SEC teams have a better combined record, and aTm is ranked in the top 15. Neither Big 12 team is ranked. Not a push.

Its a push, A&M is the resaon the SEC won't be in the MNC Game and the B12 likes both their new members.

HolyHandgernade 11-11-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9106007)
SEC improved & the Big 12 got weaker.

So, the SEC won't be in the MNC in how many years? And they improved? OK.

DeezNutz 11-11-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9106191)
So, the SEC won't be in the MNC in how many years? And they improved? OK.

Well, if the SEC had added TCU instead of A&M, I'm sure the league wouldn't be facing that "problem."

I genuinely hope that Oregon stumbles and K-State gets to face either 'Bama or Georgia.

HolyHandgernade 11-11-2012 02:46 PM

I'm just having fun with ya. SEC is still obviously the best football conference in the country, participant or not. Especially at that top. I think depth wise, there is still some argument. Of course, the comparisons are alway skewed a bit with divisional conference. Not having to play every team in your conference can be a blessing some years and a curse others.

I'm still interested in what the SEC and B1G are going to do as the new setup nears. I don't think the SEC is happy at 14 and would much prefer to be at 16. I still think the ACC is going to get canabalized here shortly.

Titty Meat 11-11-2012 02:52 PM

I think the new conference realignment has worked well for everyone except Mizzou & TCU.

HolyHandgernade 11-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9106467)
I think the new conference realignment has worked well for everyone except Mizzou & TCU.

Well, I would argue TCU and WVU made a decidedly "step up" in conferences, whereas everyone who left the B12 made a step sideways except Nebraska, and only because of the academic bonuses.

That doesn't mean this conference isn't better than that conference in any given year, but the B12, SEC, B1G and PAC are going to be at the Big Boy table every year. If you go undefeated in one of those conferences, chances are you are going to the MNC, and that won't change much with the new playoffs.

The ACC and BEAST are in that area where the rest of the conference is so bad, it hurts them in the human evaluations that one loss is probably enough to put them out of consideration, and even if they go undefeated, they still might get squeezed.

So, if I were to rank whether conference realignment was more better/more worse fo the school it would be:

1. TCU. They lose the guaranteed wins, but they are smack in the middle of their conference geographical footprint and in one of the biggest cities to boot. In the long run, a good move.

2. Utah. Much like TCU without as much of the metro/geo points, though.

3. WVU. Obviously, they need to improve for the week in/week out competition, but the move up guarantees them a chance at the big party. Geographic isolation a downside, but the culture fits.

4. Nebraska. A step sideways competition and opportunity, but a big opportunity in academic money.

5. A&M. Again, like NU, a step sideways, but the culture fits and they do escape UT shadow a bit. Division fits for them as well.

6. Colorado. Outlier state, but the PAC financial deals and location of most of its alumni make this a decent move for them.

7. Missouri. I'm not hatin' here, but outside of the financials, there isn't much upside in this move. With "stability" no longer the real issue, MU is an outlier state, in the wrong division, with the wrong culture, with dwindling recruiting advantages. The least advantages of any school

That said, looking from the conference perspective:

1. B12. Conference facing extinction and needed two more teams to keep its contract intended for 12. No CCG could be seen as a negative, but internally, that view not necessarily shared. Getting pay on par with the other more established conferences.

2. PAC. Got the big financial deal they wanted, the networks they wanted, and the CCG they wanted. Failed to make the bigger 16 team play and is still somewhat isolated by time zone bias.

3. SEC. The best teams might be there, but as a conference, expansion hasn't yet paid the dividens. This could change if they get the network they want and possibly expand some more. 14 teams creates schedules that means certain teams won't see each other for years at a time. Getting acess to Texas is a plus and Missouri could add if/once the network gets going. But, the buzz about SEC expansion wasn't nearly as impactful as it was in B12 or PAC.

4. B1G. Nebraska is a football "name", but losing their AAU status was bit of the "egg on face". Since the B1G pie was already set, revenues did not really increase, though this could change once renegotiation and possible expansion comes around.

Saul Good 11-11-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

I don't think Mizzou or TCU are anything but thrilled with the move.

DeezNutz 11-11-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

LMAO.

Titty Meat 11-11-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9106674)
I don't think Mizzou or TCU are anything but thrilled with the move.

You guys are tearing up the SEC.

DeezNutz 11-11-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9106708)
You guys are tearing up the SEC.

Valiant trolling attempt.

Given the improved level of competition and the metric shit ton of injuries, making a bowl game in year one in the SEC would be just fine by pretty much any measure.

Titty Meat 11-11-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9106714)
Valiant trolling attempt.

Given the improved level of competition and the metric shit ton of injuries, making a bowl game in year one in the SEC would be just fine by pretty much any measure.

You guys never won the Big 12 but are somehow going to win a much better conference? Right.