ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** OFFICIAL Texans @ Chiefs Week 1 Preseason Gameday Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316704)

pugsnotdrugs19 08-10-2018 02:13 PM

Steven Nelson says via Instagram: “Regular season needs to hurry up like ASAP”...

Sounds like a guy who knows that the preseason may be limiting what he or the rest of the team can do. I wonder if they were playing off coverage a lot just to keep LAC guessing ahead of week 1.

Discuss Thrower 08-10-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13669288)
Steven Nelson says via Instagram: “Regular season needs to hurry up like ASAP”...

Sounds like a guy who knows that the preseason may be limiting what he or the rest of the team can do. I wonder if they were playing off coverage a lot just to keep LAC guessing ahead of week 1.

Meh don't read into that much.

They know it's meaningless games which offer mostly downside to players on first contracts or UDFA deals.

RippedmyFlesh 08-10-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

I am going to take that attitude about everything but special teams. I am very happy to hear that.

In58men 08-10-2018 02:19 PM

I knew we should have kept Daboll and Crennel.

When will this team learn? Smh

RunKC 08-10-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Teams don’t show anything in preseason.

Rain Man 08-10-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13669086)
And again, what a ‘win’ it was to not have any injuries.

Redskins already lost Derrius Guice to an ACL tear last night.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Out for the year?

pugsnotdrugs19 08-10-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13669319)
Wow, I hadn't heard that. Out for the year?

Donezo for 2018.

ptlyon 08-10-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13669314)
Teams don’t show anything in preseason.

We certainly showed how shitty our OL is

RunKC 08-10-2018 02:29 PM

Honestly I think one of the best things from last night was Tanoh Kpassagnon. He was getting some pressure.

TEX 08-10-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13668444)
Defenders can’t lay a hand on anyone anymore. It’s ****ing ridiculous.

Yep. Makes todays game hard to watch at times.

TEX 08-10-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13668400)
As bad as the line was last night, that same group has been serviceable for the past two years and they oughta be again come September. Nothing special, perhaps not good enough to win a title, but serviceable enough to put together a good offense.

We’ll see though. Probably way, way too early to judge these things fairly.

Not with Cam Erving at LG they won't. Dude got beat like a drum on nearly every play. I'd bet he is the first guy on the OL to move down the depth chart. Bet it happens quickly too. Dude is easily one of the worst Offensive Lineman in the league. I was surprised to see him starting at LG in the first place. No doubt they are giving the dude every chance to succeed b/c his contract is guaranteed.

Buckweath 08-10-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13669453)
Not with Cam Erving at LG they won't. Dude got beat like a drum on nearly every play. I'd bet he is the first guy on the OL to move down the depth chart. Bet it happens quickly too. Dude is easily one of the worst Offensive Lineman in the league. I was surprised to see him starting at LG in the first place. No doubt they are giving the dude every chance to succeed b/c his contract is guaranteed.

Lol do you realize the guy who had Erving's spot on the starting line last year is still on the roster? If Wrving continues playing bad you just give the spot back to Witzman and have the same line as last year.

OKchiefs 08-10-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13669458)
Lol do you realize the guy who had Erving's spot on the starting line last year is still on the roster? If Wrving continues playing bad you just give the spot back to Witzman and have the same line as last year.

We haven't had a single above average left guard in a long time. They might as well let Ehinger go, he's clearly never going to amount to anything.

Titty Meat 08-10-2018 03:58 PM

Grice out for the year.

I'd take getting blown out looking like shit in the preseason over an injury so theres that

mcaj22 08-10-2018 04:02 PM

Chiefs should flip one of their stable of RBs to the Redskins for any and all defensive help