ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

Pablo 03-24-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9525829)
@tyshawntaylor for real though. Seen Craft play #kubball three times in two years and didn't even notice he was in the games.

Yep. A team that plays defense can shut down a good point.

ISU couldn't. Even though Craft kept tripping over his own dick, missing shots and FT's; he still made quite a few easy points and hit the final shot to seal it.

Pablo 03-24-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9525824)
He's just pissed b/c he was calling OSU(and the B1G minus IU and MU) soft earlier and they won.

He must post on CP. Hates the B1G. Hates the refs. Doubtful if he can even read and struggles with spoken word.

Setsuna 03-24-2013 12:57 PM

My dad said they should have doubled him on that possession and the last 4 or 5.

Al Czervik 03-24-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9524887)
OSU won't even be in the Sweet16.

How many times you been wrong this year Nutsack?

KevB 03-24-2013 01:00 PM

All these points about the circle are the wrong point. He wasn't there in time. You can't sneak in as the guy rises into the air, circle or no circle.

007 03-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9525844)
All these points about the circle are the wrong point. He wasn't there in time. You can't sneak in as the guy rises into the air, circle or no circle.

If you are from OSU you can.

DTLB58 03-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9525822)
Things are getting a little chippy on the postgame show.

They pretty much do every segment. Barkley just sees this as a stage to give his opinion and go off on anyone he wants, including the two to his right. He constantly takes pot shots at both guys and their favorite teams. Kenny Smith rarely smiles, you can tell he doesn't think it's professional or necessary.

But, I think CBS thinks its good TV and Chuck is making his $ and until someone tells him to shut it....

Pablo 03-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 9525843)
How many times you been wrong this year Nutsack?

He's always wrong.

I've had my fill of Cyclone tears for the season. I honestly don't care if he comes in here with his sadness. I know he'll re-fill my cup for many years to come; and that's good enough for me.

Braincase 03-24-2013 01:02 PM

Nobody has even mentioned that the first player coming in from the shooter's left fouled him with the body before Craft was ever involved in the play, and I thought the shooter was up in the air before Craft even arrived. (My opinion)

KevB 03-24-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9525793)
Their season was actually defined by lack of defensive presence. You can boil it down to a couple of possessions if you like; but teams that don't play defense don't typically win close games.

Sure, I would have loved to have seen them send Craft packing, but I'm not going to act like one charge(bad call or not) defines the entire game. Especially when they let a half dozen uncontested layups go in and were down 13 at one point.

So in five years, will we remember that Pablo didn't think ISU played good enough defense, or will we remember their heart-breaking defeats with the mass discussion about charging calls?

I get that you're on the defense soap box, but that's not how ISU won games. Hoiberg knew his team's strengths and weaknesses and played to them. It's easy to win games defensively with a Withey at the rim. It's not as easy when you play small and your best defender misses the entire 2nd half due to injury.

BWillie 03-24-2013 01:04 PM

I dont know why ppl are so concerned if Crafts foot was over the line or not. It was a block either way. A secondary defender shouldnt be able slither under a guy that has already left the ground and expect a charge call. Sickening. Worse than the KU game because that was just a no call.

Shag 03-24-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9525853)
Nobody has even mentioned that the first player coming in from the shooter's left fouled him with the body before Craft was ever involved in the play, and I thought the shooter was up in the air before Craft even arrived. (My opinion)

I thought the exact same thing. Shouldn't have been a charge, regardless, but in that situation, they missed both calls...

penbrook 03-24-2013 01:05 PM

The head of officals just said that if his foot was hovering over the circle it would of been a foul but he couldnt tell if his foot was.

Also said that play is not reviewable.

DTLB58 03-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9525847)
If you are from OSU you can.

:cuss:

After that comeback I thought ISU was gonna pull it out.

Already writers on twitter bringing up Hoiberg's name for UCLA. Really hope he stays IF offered some of these bigger schools. I think he can start recruiting better now that he has shown he can coach and they can win.

lcarus 03-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9525853)

But Craft went in the lane untouched and got an "and 1". It was awful officiating on both sides.