ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

siberian khatru 08-13-2013 08:41 AM

It seems such a simple question: "Are you a fan?"

**** off, Rob. You couldn't hack it through the tough years when some of us stuck with it. You ****ing stay away from this team now.

DeezNutz 08-13-2013 08:44 AM

Rob was just, essentially, kicked off the air on 810 when he started pondering who the starting pitchers would be in '15.

St. John cut him off, said they were out of time. Rob hangs up, and Steven apologizes to the audience. LMAO.

RockChalk 08-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9880781)
It seems such a simple question: "Are you a fan?"

**** off, Rob. You couldn't hack it through the tough years when some of us stuck with it. You ****ing stay away from this team now.

He was just on 810 and gave the most depressing sounding interview ever.

Do you think Prison Bitch and Rob are the same people? :hmmm:

RockChalk 08-13-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9880784)
Rob was just, essentially, kicked off the air on 810 when he started pondering who the starting pitchers would be in '15.

St. John cut him off, said they were out of time. Rob hangs up, and Steven apologizes to the audience. LMAO.

This. I loved the abrupt end

Pretty sure Rob could talk a kid in a candy story into suicide. What a joy to have on the radio

Messier 08-13-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

I think they were out of time, they'd been on with him for over 30 minutes.

Saul Good 08-13-2013 08:48 AM

That was a brutal interview.

Messier 08-13-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

I think he was way too pessimistic, and really should enjoy the moment, but that was his best point, and I agree.

DeezNutz 08-13-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9880790)
I think they were out of time, they'd been on with him for over 30 minutes.

Yeah, didn't mean to suggest he hadn't had a fair amount of time. But the end was so abrupt, and they didn't immediately go to break. St. John talked for a little bit. That + apology meant, to me, that the hosts had hit their threshold with the pessimism.

siberian khatru 08-13-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Wow. I hope they podcast that.

It's hilarious the criticism Rany gets from some folks for being a "hater." They have no idea what a Royals self-hater is until they've read/listened to Neyer.

CaliforniaChief 08-13-2013 08:50 AM

Just get ready for this.

If the Royals get into the playoffs this year, or even continue as they are and are right there at the end, a LOT of people who chose to slink away during the bad years are going to run right to the front row of the bandwagon.

I'd rather deal with that than the way its been, though. :D

RockChalk 08-13-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9880804)
Just get ready for this.

If the Royals get into the playoffs this year, or even continue as they are and are right there at the end, a LOT of people who chose to slink away during the bad years are going to run right to the front row of the bandwagon.

I'd rather deal with that than the way its been, though. :D

The thing is that these people (like Neyer) who come running back if we reach the playoffs, will still not be able to enjoy the playoffs. They'll be negative and only look at the reasons why we'll lose games.

Messier 08-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9880801)
Yeah, didn't mean to suggest he hadn't had a fair amount of time. But the end was so abrupt, and they didn't immediately go to break. St. John talked for a little bit. That + apology meant, to me, that the hosts had hit their threshold with the pessimism.

Yes. St. John basically accused Rob if banging his head against the wall an refusing admit he's wrong.

mr. tegu 08-13-2013 08:58 AM

There are a lot people in this thread that are coming back for crow after demanding sell, sell, sell. Even Deez being positive? Everything is upside down now!

Coach 08-13-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9880833)
There are a lot people in this thread that are coming back for crow after demanding sell, sell, sell. Even Deez being positive? Everything is upside down now!

Not me.

I wanted buy, buy, buy. I was all in for the whole ****ing thing after the All Star break. Win the whole ****ing thing.

siberian khatru 08-13-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9880833)
There are a lot people in this thread that are coming back for crow after demanding sell, sell, sell.

I thought they should sell. EDIT: In retrospect, according to Buster Olney and others, there really wasn't much of a market even for Santana. The Cubs had to go begging for other teams interested in Garza to create a market outside of the Rangers.

But I never stopped being a fan, and although I still don't think they make the playoffs, I'm enjoying them winning. My goal for the rest of the year is to keep playing well and avoid those classic Royal cave-ins -- no more 8-game losing streaks or a 4-19 September.

Then have a strong offseason and shoot for the playoffs in 2014.