ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

TambaBerry 08-13-2013 07:32 AM

Ya why do you need a new one? This one is fine.

RockChalk 08-13-2013 07:32 AM

I vote no. I'll deal with the occasional "slowness" of the thread.

Tytanium 08-13-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9880570)
Over the last 10 games, we've gained 4, 5, 2, & 5 games against the A's, Rays, Orioles, and Indians respectively. That is massive progress in a short amount of time.

We just won comfortably with our much maligned #5 starter on the mound (who pitched his third straight outstanding game, btw). We did it without our two best outfielders, our second baseman, and while losing our third baseman halfway through the game. This team is rolling.

Wade Davis is the starter version of Jonathan Broxton though. Every time he takes the mound my heart is in my throat.

BlackHelicopters 08-13-2013 07:35 AM

No on new thread. Let's not do anything that might change the mojo

Archie F. Swin 08-13-2013 07:52 AM

If the Royals win every series for the rest of August and 2 games of every series in September, that will put us in the neighborhood of 90 wins to finish the season. If we lose more than 20 games from this point forward, it will be hard to maintain a position to contend.

Unless the Royals suffer an injury they can't overcome, September is shaping up to be the most exciting single month for Kansas City baseball fans in nearly three decades.

RockChalk 08-13-2013 07:54 AM

Heading out to the K tonight. Really looking forward to Chen vs Fernandez

Was just looking at his last 10 games...he's been pretty nasty. Duncan, do you have a quick & dirty scouting report about him? How many pitches does he work with and how hard does he throw?

OmahaChief 08-13-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9880589)
New repository... same OP OK with everyone? I'm just hesitant to do it while the mojo is so good.

Terrible idea!

Prison Bitch 08-13-2013 08:02 AM

Baseball town had 15k last night at the game. I was able to move around wherever I wanted, let my legs extend over the empty seats ahead of me. Felt relaxing. Nice baseball town, clearly excited about the brand of ball being played now. I'm sure last night will convince Glass to spend tens of millions on payroll next year!

ptlyon 08-13-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9880609)
I don't understand the need for a new repository, this one seems to be working just fine.

I think I remember a post before stating V bulletin having trouble with threads over 10,000 posts

AndChiefs 08-13-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9880691)
Baseball town had 15k last night at the game. I was able to move around wherever I wanted, let my legs extend over the empty seats ahead of me. Felt relaxing. Nice baseball town, clearly excited about the brand of ball being played now. I'm sure last night will convince Glass to spend tens of millions on payroll next year!

Shut up.

Monday night game vs. one of the worst teams in the MLB.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-13-2013 08:14 AM

Don't start a new thread...you are just asking to screw things up.

Start new threads during losing streaks...not winning streaks.

Wake up people.

duncan_idaho 08-13-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9880697)
Shut up.

Monday night game vs. one of the worst teams in the MLB.

Back on ignore for me. Brief reprise. But the constant need to find something to be irrationally pissed about is just played out.

Mr. Laz 08-13-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9880736)
Back on ignore for me. Brief reprise. But the constant need to find something to be irrationally pissed about is just played out.

i was shocked when i suddenly saw his name again then i remember i mass emptied my iggy list the other day. Always a mistake because certain people end up going right back on. He is one.

Dr. Gigglepants 08-13-2013 08:30 AM

I was at the game Saturday, this town is excited about this team. Had to be over 35K in attendance. Can't even go to the store without the cashier talking about the Royals. What an idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Expectations 08-13-2013 08:34 AM

From Pine Tar Press:

So this is one of those games where the two pitchers could not be any different from each other. Fernandez is a big, right-handed flame thrower. Bruce Chen is a lefty and his fastball averages about 85 MPH. Fernandez is 21. Bruce Chen is definitely not. This one should be interesting.

Three things to watch for against Fernandez:

Like Koehler, Fernandez relies mostly on a fastball and a curve, but unlike Koehler, both pitches are big time plus pitches. The fastball averages nearly 96 MPH and the curve can get big and sits in about the low 80s.
Fernandez gets a lot of swings and misses to make up for this, but he’s been hit hard at times and has been a bit fortunate in terms of balls in play. He’s certainly a very tough pitcher, but a team like the Royals could actually be a bad matchup for him because they do a pretty decent job on fastballs and the pitch they struggle with the most isn’t really featured by Fernandez.
No pitch he throws results in much trouble for him, but he’s gotten hit the hardest on his sinker, so we’ll see if the shorter grass at Kauffman Stadium gives him any trouble in that regard.