ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Bearcat 11-26-2012 10:39 PM

Well, are we panicking or not?!?!

noa 11-26-2012 10:42 PM

KU spread the dumb mistakes around tonight. Pretty disappointed in some of the veterans. And I really dislike Kevin Young, particularly his standard reaction of complete shock and surprise when he gets called for a foul. Would much rather see Young get less playing time.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9155564)
Well, are we panicking or not?!?!

Yes, Zach Peters is leaving after this semester. Couldn't take watching this team anymore apparently.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9155570)
KU spread the dumb mistakes around tonight. Pretty disappointed in some of the veterans. And I really dislike Kevin Young, particularly his standard reaction of complete shock and surprise when he gets called for a foul. Would much rather see Young get less playing time.

Tharpe is no better in this respect. Tries to play it off like all of his countless mistakes aren't his fault.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155573)
Yes, Zach Peters is leaving after this semester. Couldn't take watching this team anymore apparently.

It's for health reasons.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/n...am-because-he/

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155580)

So they say.

Bearcat 11-26-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155573)

Okay, then.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...02/oh_noes.gif

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9155590)

What that stick figure drawing said.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 10:52 PM

I.don't like November and.December basketball. Feb and March is worthy of debating and.complaints. not freaking November.

ROYC75 11-26-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9155519)
Self sounded pretty pissed on the post game show.

He should be, that was a dismal performance tonight, a real roller coaster ride.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 11:20 PM

Just heard his presser. He basically said everyone except Withey (and to a lesser extent, Releford) sucked and that they didn't play well in the first half at all either.

BWillie 11-27-2012 12:41 AM

How big do you think Witheys nuts are? Huge. Huge. At least bowling ball size. At least.

No way Peters leaving the program is just injury related. I dont buy im goin home to rest. Take a medical redshirt, get great health care by some of the best doctors out there on KUs dime. Makes no sense.

Tharpe sucked, yes. But he actually has a good Assist to TO ratio on the year. Tharpe can make things happen and get into the lane easily he just doesnt know what to do when he gets there. Elijah is the guy im really down on. He plays like such a pussy. We need him to grab the game by the balls. Hes really not been guarding well lately either, at least the way hes capable of.

KC_Connection 11-27-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9155828)
How big do you think Witheys nuts are? Huge. Huge. At least bowling ball size. At least.

Didn't seem that big when I beat him and Peters in a doubles tennis match last August. It turns out he's not as good at tennis as he is at basketball.

Quote:

No way Peters leaving the program is just injury related. I dont buy im goin home to rest. Take a medical redshirt, get great health care by some of the best doctors out there on KUs dime. Makes no sense.
He wants out to get more playing time somewhere else, I'm sure. Same reason most guys in his situation want out.

Quote:

Tharpe sucked, yes. But he actually has a good Assist to TO ratio on the year. Tharpe can make things happen and get into the lane easily he just doesnt know what to do when he gets there. Elijah is the guy im really down on. He plays like such a pussy. We need him to grab the game by the balls. Hes really not been guarding well lately either, at least the way hes capable of.
Tharpe can't play defense. He's also largely out of control...too out of control to play crunch time minutes. EJ is floating too much. That may just be his style. He seems to only break out for the big games.

Braincase 11-27-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155586)
So they say.

I'm curious as to how Peters departure might affect KU's chances with Peters' high school teammate, Julius Randle. You figure Peters leaving opens up another scholly, and with the possibility of one other transfer/BMac going pro, that means another scholarship getting freed up.

Dear Lord...two more players in THAT class? Could be Kansas' greatest recruiting class ever.

Silock 11-27-2012 08:05 AM

Obviously not impressed with the effort, but is team will come around. It's just taking longer than usual. In Self I trust.