ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

silver5liter 02-26-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9440038)
Horseshit.

Really? how?

ChiefsCountry 02-26-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9440041)
Really? how?

He drew it somewhat correct. Mooch had different terminology than what they use at USC. Barkley says it. End of the day its not that big of a deal. The rest of his interview is way better than Geno's.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9440035)
x2. Last player I wanted this much was Eric Berry. All other years we were never in a position to get the best Quarterback

Ditto

B14ckmon 02-26-2013 02:24 AM

Someone make a Geno in emerald green photoshop.

silver5liter 02-26-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9440046)
He drew it somewhat correct. Mooch had different terminology than what they use at USC. Barkley says it. End of the day its not that big of a deal. The rest of his interview is way better than Geno's.

I don't see it. I'm trying to keep my geno blinders off but I really don't see how it was better. He didn't turn around and say, what's your schools drug of choice or anything like that. Also he drew the routes completely wrong, idk.

-King- 02-26-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Maybe that has to do with the fact that he got to talk about his community service in Africa rather than the drug of choice on his campus...

TribalElder 02-26-2013 02:31 AM

The local radio talking dumb dumbs will yak on about Alex smith or drafting Joekel or trading down. Anything but drafting Geno. We should not stand for this nonsense to continue. We need to phone mob the call in lines and set the record straight in KC.

Tired of the Herp de Derp from the media. No Moar

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30649579.jpg

-King- 02-26-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9440056)
The local radio talking dumb dumbs will yak on about Alex smith or drafting Joekel or trading down. Anything but drafting Geno. We should not stand for this nonsense to continue. We need to phone mob the call in lines and set the record straight in KC.

Tired of the Herp de Derp from the media. No Moar

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30649579.jpg

Who? Every single radio host I listen to is on board with Geno and is against Alex Smith. Keitzman, Parkins, and Fescoe are against Alex Smith at all costs.

silver5liter 02-26-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9440057)
Who? Every single radio host I listen to is on board with Geno and is against Alex Smith. Keitzman, Parkins, and Fescoe are against Alex Smith at all costs.

Im sure the reeruned big show is all about Alex smith. Idk what happened on there, they were all pro geno.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 02:41 AM

I could see Binkley and J.C. wanting Alex Smith. IDK if they do. I know J.C. is an idiot a lot of times though. He was all pro-Geno at the beginning of Jan. Then he suddenly switched, and got on the Star bandwagon. Lord knows what he's up to now. Probably on Joeckel's nuts by now.

silver5liter 02-26-2013 02:44 AM

Its either going to be Joeckel, Geno or trade down. I dont see it being any other way. Especially with Star having that heart issue, he should be out.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 02:47 AM

And if Branden Albert is re-signed, It has to be Geno or trade down. And I'll be pissed if we trade down. I'm at the point that it's Geno or nothing in my world. I've tried to reason and give other QB's a fair chance. I've watched tons of Wilson. Hated it. Which is why I called him a 2nd round guy when a lot of people wanted him in the first. Now suddenly his stock has dropped. I think Barkley is ok. But ok isn't good enough to me. He's a pretty average QB prospect that offers no upside. Another 2nd round talent IMO. I hate the skill position guys that are possible for #1. Geno is the only in my world.

My top 5 QB's are

Geno

Glennon
Barkley
Wilson
Manuel

And I'll throw in Nassib as #6

WildTurkey 02-26-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9440066)
And if Branden Albert is re-signed, It has to be Geno or trade down. And I'll be pissed if we trade down. I'm at the point that it's Geno or nothing in my world. I've tried to reason and give other QB's a fair chance. I've watched tons of Wilson. Hated it. Which is why I called him a 2nd round guy when a lot of people wanted him in the first. Now suddenly his stock has dropped. I think Barkley is ok. But ok isn't good enough to me. He's a pretty average QB prospect that offers no upside. Another 2nd round talent IMO. I hate the skill position guys that are possible for #1. Geno is the only in my world.

My top 5 QB's are

Geno

Glennon
Barkley
Wilson
Manuel

Wilson has looked like JAG so far. I like the kid and hope he does well but he's been very underwhelming. I had high hopes for him too.

Tribal Warfare 02-26-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9440066)

My top 5 QB's are

Geno

Glennon
Barkley
Wilson
Manuel

1) Geno

2) Bray( with the caveat he finally gets his shit together and if he doesn't then Wilson goes here )

3) Tyler Wilson

4) Matt Barkley

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9440070)
1) Geno

2) Bray( with the caveat he finally gets his shit together and if he doesn't then Wilson goes here )

3) Tyler Wilson

4) Matt Barkley

I can't get on the Bray bandwagon. I don't like his ball placement that well. It was part of the reason Hunter and Patterson dropped about 10% of their combined passes. I don't ignore the upside though. Plenty of that to like.

Tribal Warfare 02-26-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9440071)
I can't get on the Bray bandwagon. I don't like his ball placement that well. It was part of the reason Hunter and Patterson dropped about 10% of their combined passes. I don't ignore the upside though. Plenty of that to like.

Hunter and Patterson have really shitty hands, Bray has thrown it to them with perfect placement and still they dropped it and stalled the drive.

-King- 02-26-2013 03:17 AM

Lol @ bray. Id take Manuel over him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 02-26-2013 05:27 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TtTs06mfBag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis 02-26-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

He didn't even draw the right routes. Geno messed up his progressions and called it brown right instead of left. Barkley's was in fact just as bad, if not worse.

ChiefRocka 02-26-2013 06:49 AM

They both sucked in the interviews. Geno looked less relaxed and his answers were rehearsed but both were underwhelming. Geno > Barkley on pure talent. Barkley > Smith in leadership qualities.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 06:58 AM

They both screwed up the play equally.

And NEITHER of them were "bad".

People are just looking for ANYTHING. JFC.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9440054)
Maybe that has to do with the fact that he got to talk about his community service in Africa rather than the drug of choice on his campus...

That's A LOT of it.

BossChief 02-26-2013 09:07 AM

Stop making excuses. Geno failed that interview, as did Barkley.

Mooch had Geno totally "shook" after one question and exposed his lack of quick retention...two flaws that Reid will need to work through if we select him.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9440299)

Mooch had Geno totally "shook" after one question and exposed his lack of quick retention...two flaws that Reid will need to work through if we select him.

FAILED?

They both struggled. Neither of them got an "F". That's silly.

ChiefRocka 02-26-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9440305)
FAILED?

They both struggled. Neither of them got an "F". That's silly.

D's

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9440321)
D's

Sure, let's find any reason we can not to draft a QB.

Bunch of ****ing losers this fanbase is.

the Talking Can 02-26-2013 09:29 AM

there's absolutely nothing in those staged tv pieces that has anything to do with actually being a player in the nfl...

jesus...how do you think Bradshaw would have come off being asked to do funny walks by marycoochie...

ChiefRocka 02-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9440329)
Sure, let's find any reason we can not to draft a QB.

Bunch of ****ing losers this fanbase is.

You have a history of taking poster's comments out of context and drawing your own ****ing conclusions. He sucked in the interview and lacks the moxy that a franchise wants for a #1 QB pick. That said he's still the best QB available "this year" and we should take him. Happy jizz stain?

-King- 02-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9440299)

Stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9440376)
You have a history of taking poster's comments out of context and drawing your own ****ing conclusions. He sucked in the interview and lacks the moxy that a franchise wants for a #1 QB pick. That said he's still the best QB available "this year" and we should take him. Happy jizz stain?

I can do whatever the **** I want.

Get over it pussy.

-King- 02-26-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9440376)

Moxy? Wtf?

The things idiots cling to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-26-2013 09:35 AM

Sad, that vid is more ammo for the Tru Fan army. Who gives a ****?

Lex Luthor 02-26-2013 10:17 AM

Anyone who says Geno and Barkley "sucked" in the interviews is just looking for any excuse at all to avoid drafting a quarterback.

I just re-watched all of RG3's interview with Gruden last year. To try to compare the Mariucci interviews with Gruden's QB camps is ridiculous.

In the brief clips that we saw, Mariucci was a lot more demanding. He wasn't exactly confrontational, but he was clearly trying to put pressure on Geno and Barkley when he drew the plays on the whiteboard, erased them, and asked them to re-draw the plays later on. That's not at all what Gruden asked RG3 and Luck to do.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-26-2013 10:20 AM

Gruden's camp is just one big circle jerk. You can run a spider banana, he thinks you are awesome.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9440524)
Anyone who says Geno and Barkley "sucked" in the interviews is just looking for any excuse at all to avoid drafting a quarterback.

I just re-watched all of RG3's interview with Gruden last year. To try to compare the Mariucci interviews with Gruden's QB camps is ridiculous.

In the brief clips that we saw, Mariucci was a lot more demanding. He wasn't exactly confrontational, but he was clearly trying to put pressure on Geno and Barkley when he drew the plays on the whiteboard, erased them, and asked them to re-draw the plays later on. That's not at all what Gruden asked RG3 and Luck to do.

Exactly.

Did they ACE the test? No.

Were they even above average? Not really.

But they didn't FAIL. That's just ridiculous.

Chiefnj2 02-26-2013 12:19 PM

I think Barkley got cocky with the play. He plays in a west coast offense, so he was familiar with a similar play. I think he tuned out the coach a bit and was thinking "I know this, we have the same play" so he didn't pay 100% attention. Then when he asked him to flip the play it shook him.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect 99% of these kids to be able to recall it with 100% accuracy since they (a) don't play the system in college, and (b) have a much more simplified play call in college. Some of them look over at colored squares for the play.

It also goes to show you just how smart Griffin really was.

Chiefnj2 02-26-2013 12:20 PM

I think Barkley got cocky with the play. He plays in a west coast offense, so he was familiar with a similar play. I think he tuned out the coach a bit and was thinking "I know this, we have the same play" so he didn't pay 100% attention. Then when he asked him to flip the play it shook him.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect 99% of these kids to be able to recall it with 100% accuracy since they (a) don't play the system in college, and (b) have a much more simplified play call in college. Some of them look over at colored squares for the play.

BossChief 02-26-2013 12:28 PM

Out of 12 parts of a play, Geno got 2 parts right before he stumbled and had to be walked through the rest.

I have a TERRIBLE memory and I remembered more than Geno.

Saying I'm looking for a reason not to draft him is one of the dumbest things posted in this thread.

1) Mariucci was able to get in his head with the drug comment and showed it's gonna take time for Geno to learn a WCO playbook.

FFS the play had 3 progressions and Geno couldn't remember them.

It's a concern, but nothing that would make me shy away from drafting him.

NJChiefsFan 02-26-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9441123)
Out of 12 parts of a play, Geno got 2 parts right before he stumbled and had to be walked through the rest.

Saying I'm looking for a reason not to draft him is one of the dumbest things posted in this thread.

1) Mariucci was able to get in his head with the drug comment and showed it's gonna take time for Geno to learn a WCO playbook.

It's one play. Everyone is so determined to know as much as people interviewing them that they take one moment and try to project it out. Using one moment in time to determine an issue is a joke. We have no idea what his abilities of play retention are based off of that. They could be worse, better, or equal. Saying a coach has work to do off of that is over the top.

You also can't project yourself into the situation. We don't know all of what happened in between those moments. We don't have nearly as much riding on it as Geno. You saw the play and saw him go to the board 5 seconds later.

I am really good with math. But put me on national TV with my future job being affected by those moments, my brain could easily lock up. If you used that moment to determine if I am going to to take time to pick up a certain form of math you would be wrong. Saying he is going to take time to pick up the WCO based off of this play is ridiculous. Maybe he will take time, maybe he will always struggle with it. But coming to a conclusion based off that video leaves you guessing.

NJChiefsFan 02-26-2013 12:45 PM

I am not a fan of NFLN, but the video of Geno and Rich Eisen running side by side was pretty funny if anybody can post it.

The Franchise 02-26-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9441123)

Come on man.....

Did he pass it 100%? No. But he didn't ****ing fail it.

There is a huge difference between you watching Mariucci drawing up the play and then remembering it 2 minutes later in the interview.....then Geno seeing it....and then getting asked a multitude of different questions.....AND THEN getting asked to redraw the play 7-8 minutes after the fact.

I'd be worried if Mariucci wanted Geno to draw a play out of his own playbook and he couldn't do it.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-26-2013 12:54 PM

Boss at 1!!!

KC native 02-26-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9441081)

It's unrealisitic to ask 99% of the population of this country to recall the play like that. Human memory is not very good (the read/write mechanism is the same). There are very few people who would have been able to talk about that play so briefly, then have 8 more minutes of interview, and then reproduce the play accurately.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9441197)
Come on man.....

Did he pass it 100%? No. But he didn't ****ing fail it.

There is a huge difference between you watching Mariucci drawing up the play and then remembering it 2 minutes later in the interview.....then Geno seeing it....and then getting asked a multitude of different questions.....AND THEN getting asked to redraw the play 7-8 minutes after the fact.

I'd be worried if Mariucci wanted Geno to draw a play out of his own playbook and he couldn't do it.

This.

Hammock Parties 02-26-2013 12:59 PM

It's completely irrelevant, IMO, because Geno will have months to get a playbook down.

The Franchise 02-26-2013 01:01 PM

If I'm worried about anything it would be his delay and response to the drug question. It seemed a little off.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9441240)
It's completely irrelevant, IMO, because Geno will have months to get a playbook down.

Pretty much this. And if Geno is the film junkie everyone says he is then it wont be an issue.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9441247)
If I'm worried about anything it would be his delay and response to the drug question. It seemed a little off.

He's smoked weed before. No big deal as long as he's not doing it now.

-King- 02-26-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9441247)

If you were asked that at a job interview with no warning, what would your reaction be?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 02-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9441258)
If you were asked that at a job interview with no warning, what would your reaction be?
Posted via Mobile Device

No....I get that it was a weird question with weird timing.

It just seemed a little off. Like in his head he's telling himself...."don't say weed" ......"don't say weed".

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

He could've laughed at the question then responded with "my drug of choice was watching game tape".

That's in a perfect Andrew Luck world though.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9441260)
No....I get that it was a weird question with weird timing.

It just seemed a little off. Like in his head he's telling himself...."don't say weed" ......"don't say weed".

Yep.

The Franchise 02-26-2013 01:05 PM

I'm not saying he's a pothead either.

It was just like that couple of seconds of pause was him running through his mind trying to find out what his answer was supposed to be to that question.

hometeam 02-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9441262)
He could've laughed at the question then responded with "my drug of choice was watching game tape".

Obviously he wasn't as 'prepped' as claimed, which is why he made that goofy face.

He is still a young guy in college, of course he has smoked pot. I would be willing to be "nothing, nothing, nothing" Barkley has done the same.

philfree 02-26-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9441273)
I'm not saying he's a pothead either.

It was just like that couple of seconds of pause was him running through his mind trying to find out what his answer was supposed to be to that question.

I don't think he really knows what the drug of choice is on campus. He gave the correct answer it was the truth at the same time. He don't know.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9441276)
Obviously he wasn't as 'prepped' as claimed, which is why he made that goofy face.

He is still a young guy in college, of course he has smoked pot. I would be willing to be "nothing, nothing, nothing" Barkley has done the same.

Barkley was too busy saving babies in Africa. :D

philfree 02-26-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9441307)
Barkley was too busy saving babies in Africa. :D

I thought Mooch was a little miffed at Barkley about the route. Barkley called it a slugo and Mooch was like "it's a corner post". He had to repeat it becaue Barkley was trying to show how smart he was instead of listening. IMO Barkley was supposed to show Geno up and he didn't.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 01:27 PM

Funny thing is, a sluggo is opposite of what Barkley drew up. A sluggo goes to the sidelines.

planetdoc 02-26-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

you dont have to answer immediately when someone asks you a question. Its always good to pause, think about things, and gather your thoughts. There is nothing wrong with silence.

Finally, the correct answer to the question is Caffeine. that is the most widely used "drug" in college campus as well as the the USA in general. The next most used drug would be alcohol.

When someone asks you an "inflammatory" question, its always good to ponder the question, look them in the eyes and answer, and than ask then turn the question back on them (either in a humourous or non-aggressive manner).

Basically, you want to demonstrate you are always in control of the situation. Nothing they say or do will deviate you from your agenda.

aturnis 02-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9441262)

If I could think quickly in that situation, I'd say "probably alcohol".

BossChief 02-26-2013 01:53 PM

McShay just said Geno is a possibility for the top pick now.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9441415)
If I could think quickly in that situation, I'd say "probably alcohol".

I'm a quick brain-to-tongue person. I absolutely would have said "marijuana" and probably added "of course" afterwards. :D

O.city 02-26-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9441424)

What? Where?

htismaqe 02-26-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...t-mr-burns.gif

BossChief 02-26-2013 01:56 PM

"You can't rule Geno out for the top pick"

keg in kc 02-26-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Nobody but the homers here believes that!

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 01:59 PM

I have no respect for McShay or Kiper. Total morons. I mean, unless their hole anti-Geno thing was a way to keep fans interested, there's no reason to suddenly be talking about Geno as the top pick all of a sudden.

-King- 02-26-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9441432)
What? Where?

Sportcenter.

BossChief 02-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9441432)
What? Where?

ESPN.

He and Polian were next to each other and topic of the top pick comes up and that's the first thing McShay says.

"you cant rule out Geno for the top pick"

Says he is the discussion for the 8 or so players that should be considered for the pick.

A week ago, he said Geno wasn't even a first rounder.

O.city 02-26-2013 02:02 PM

Anybody with more cliffnotes?

htismaqe 02-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9441455)
I have no respect for McShay or Kiper. Total morons. I mean, unless their hole anti-Geno thing was a way to keep fans interested, there's no reason to suddenly be talking about Geno as the top pick all of a sudden.

Either a ratings ploy or their taking money from agents. Either way they flap more than a flag in the wind.

BossChief 02-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9441455)

It was a post combine conversation and Geno blew up the combine.

There is no way he isn't the pick, is there?

htismaqe 02-26-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9441477)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...y/GIFs/Nom.gif

The Franchise 02-26-2013 02:07 PM

Anyone know of a website where I can find the number of starts that QBs had in college?

O.city 02-26-2013 02:09 PM

So who are these 8 guys in discussion for the pick?

O.city 02-26-2013 02:17 PM

So if it comes down that he's "worth" the first overall pick, paired with our need, I don't know what else there is to talk about.

Imon Yourside 02-26-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9441534)
So if it comes down that he's "worth" the first overall pick, paired with our need, I don't know what else there is to talk about.

Why yes, yes he is.

O.city 02-26-2013 02:20 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...low-motion.gif

htismaqe 02-26-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9441534)

Exactly.

Case closed.

KCrockaholic 02-26-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9441477)

If that's the case McShay should've spent more time watching the Geno film and not the Geno combine. The combine should not be the "be-all end-all" on a prospect.

People who completely change their minds based on combine numbers obviously didn't do their homework in the first place.

Had Geno gone out and ran a 4.9, and looked terrible in the drills, I'd still be wanting him #1. Because what I saw on the game tape is what matters.

The only time the combine numbers should come into play is if a scout has the same grade on 2 different players. He will then use the combine numbers as the edge factor for said player.