ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9419542)
He already deleted the Self blinded by favorites tweet. Guess he thought that one was too much. LMAO

LMAO

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 03:23 PM

he's gone

some kids realize they'll never get playing time and leave...that's a smart decision, like Woolridge or Quintrell Thomas (UNLV)

some kids just think they should play no matter what because they were 'the man' in high school...micah downs

some just aren't KU level and Self 'advises' them to seek other opportunities...appleton

KC_Connection 02-20-2013 03:24 PM

2Easy ‏@RealAnrioAdams2
It's all good I gone through this before

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
2 mins 2Easy ‏@RealAnrioAdams2
None of my tweets were ever directed toward KU but it seems everytime I tweet it so happens that's who I'm talking bout thats not rite#AtAll

LMAO

Twitter must be such a headache for college coaches when players use it like this.

Ceej 02-20-2013 03:25 PM

So who stakes the claim as resident bench dancer extraordinaire now?

Ceej 02-20-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9419553)
he's gone

some kids realize they'll never get playing time and leave...that's a smart decision, like Woolridge or Quintrell Thomas (UNLV)

some kids just think they should play no matter what because they were 'the man' in high school...micah downs

some just aren't KU level and Self 'advises' them to seek other opportunities...appleton

I saw RW had 36 the other night vs. Oregon, I believe.

Good for him.

RockChalk 02-20-2013 03:27 PM

Now he's pulling a mea culpa

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>None of my tweets were ever directed toward KU but it seems everytime I tweet it so happens that's who I'm talking bout thats not rite#AtAll</p>&mdash; 2Easy (@RealAnrioAdams2) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealAnrioAdams2/status/304340289684918272">February 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9419564)

Good for him.

yeah, he's had a solid career...but he was a level headed kid from a solid family

they took a look around and made a practical decision

Ceej 02-20-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9419581)
yeah, he's had a solid career...but he was a level headed kid from a solid family

they took a look around and made a practical decision

I watched a lot of his high school footage and I was pretty excited about having him at KU.

I thought he looked real smooth, by smooth I mean, Stephen Curry smooth (not how he scores, but how his shot looks and his fluidity).

Man, was I way off.

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9419589)
I watched a lot of his high school footage and I was pretty excited about having him at KU.

I thought he looked real smooth, by smooth I mean, Stephen Curry smooth (not how he scores, but how his shot looks and his fluidity).

Man, was I way off.

most people thought the same thing, he was the Arizona player of the year and son of a NBA player..but his athleticism was just a notch below, he was never going to play defense well enough to get real minutes under self

CoMoChief 02-20-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Good for him.

I saw that too....at the time didn't put 2 n 2 together.

Ceej 02-20-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9419668)
I saw that too....at the time didn't put 2 n 2 together.

I think he went like 6-10, or 6-11 from three.

Buehler445 02-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9419501)
Looks like Rio Adams missed the bus to Stillwater and now is going off on Self/the team/his position on the team: https://twitter.com/RealAnrioAdams2

Pretty funny stuff.

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. What a douche. How on earth can he think tweeting this is a good idea? Sucks though. I had hopes for him.

Quote:

Good for him.

I was kind of surprised when he left. I thought he would compete for playing time. I'm sure he's better off and wish him the best. Seemed like a decent kid.

Bambi 02-20-2013 04:05 PM

This sucks. I really enjoyed Rio's dancing in all these videos lately.

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 06:12 PM

Without looking, is Phog deleting all Adams threads?

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 06:20 PM

One big thread..... it appears that some idiots are trying to pass it off as "He wasn't talking about KU or his teammates."

LMAO

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 06:23 PM

ROFL

@ RealAnrioAdams2 All I was Tryna show this man is he had a guy that will take 50bullets for him but he's blinded by his favorites...

@RioAdams'OldEnglishTranslator
Nary thy friend's! I prithee 50 projectiles, but master Bill doth haveth wool draped over thy spectacles whither ye duty

Shogun 02-20-2013 06:24 PM

@AlexKennedyNBA

It sounds like the Rockets are trading Marcus Morris. That would be the sixth year in a row that Daryl Morey has made a deal at deadline.

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 06:25 PM

On a different subject.....

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_709.0.jpg

Shogun 02-20-2013 06:27 PM

@clutchfans Marcus Morris may have been traded. McHale says to ask Daryl as to why he is not active tonight.

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 06:30 PM

chad ford has mclemore and smart as his top 2 prospects

Saul Good 02-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9420087)
One big thread..... it appears that some idiots are trying to pass it off as "He wasn't talking about KU or his teammates."

LMAO

Well, Kansas fans aren't very bright. I've been trying to tell you this, but...well...

Mr. Plow 02-20-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9420155)
Well, Kansas fans aren't very bright. I've been trying to tell you this, but...well...

Whoa now. Can you draw me picture? I don't really understand this.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-20-2013 06:56 PM

Kings trade T-Rob to Houston.

Bambi 02-20-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9420129)
chad ford has mclemore and smart as his top 2 prospects

They're the two best players in cbb.

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 07:02 PM

appears marcus has been traded to phoenix....twins back together

Chiefs Pantalones 02-20-2013 07:03 PM

Cole Aldrich sent to Kings.

Marcus Morris sent to Phoenix to be reunited with his brother. **** this, my wife is a Suns fan. Ugh lol

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 07:06 PM

@WojYahooNBA: The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

ROYC75 02-20-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9419530)
This doesn't mean anything.

In recent history other than the 06 recruiting class w/ Chalmers, Rush etc. there has usually been an established player already in the starters role.

The #4 spot has been literally wide open for taking....and Ellis simply has not been able to transition from the slower HS game to the much quicker bigger faster, stronger NCAA KU-level type of play.

I hope to God he changes overnight during the summer or something and comes back next season being all big12 or something. But it ain't happening. He's a boy playing w/ a bunch of men out there and it's completely obvious.

Young isn't anything special. He can't shoot, he has athleticism that carries him a little bit but he's not a scorer, if he gets fouled and gets to the line he can't make free throws. He's a tweener, just another body. I will say he plays good defense at times. But Ellis, couldn't even beat out someone that probably should be coming off the bench in certain situations.

He's going to come back as Sasha Kuan. (but just a little shorter )

KC_Connection 02-21-2013 02:13 AM

KU might have played their way back into a 2 seed with the win today. Their RPI is back to 5: http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

Of course, they can't afford any more letdown games for that to happen. Winning the three at home (TCU, WVU, TTU) and picking up one on the road (at ISU, at BU) would probably be enough to get that done and also get a share of the conference.

CoMoChief 02-21-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9420299)
He's going to come back as Sasha Kuan. (but just a little shorter )

LOL I would actually hope he reaches that potential....sadly

Prison Bitch 02-21-2013 08:34 AM

Anyone wanna defend that utter piece of shit Perry Ellis today? It was mildly amusing watchig him bobble a perfect lead pass downcourt out of bounds wide open on a break. Dribbling the ball out of bounds driving to the hole in the 2nd was the coup de grace.

He sucks so bad I can't even believe how bad he sucks. I've never, ever, been more disappointed with a player in almost 40 years of watching KU basketball. He was so overhyped it's not funny - altho some recruiting analysts did warn us all he has no athleticism. They were dead on.

the Talking Can 02-21-2013 08:37 AM

he'll be fine

no clue why you have such animosity for a KU player...i'm guessing you're 9 years old...

by the way...we won last night, not that you care

Imon Yourside 02-21-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9421982)
Anyone wanna defend that utter piece of shit Perry Ellis today? It was mildly amusing watchig him bobble a perfect lead pass downcourt out of bounds wide open on a break. Dribbling the ball out of bounds driving to the hole in the 2nd was the coup de grace.

He sucks so bad I can't even believe how bad he sucks. I've never, ever, been more disappointed with a player in almost 40 years of watching KU basketball. He was so overhyped it's not funny - altho some recruiting analysts did warn us all he has no athleticism. They were dead on.

I have to agree with Talking Can, Dudes a freshman and hit the wall early. He's incredibly intelligent and will figure it out even if not this year.

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

40 years of watching KU basketball and you've never been more disappointed in a KU player. LMAO

He didn't play well last night, I'll agree. But he'll be a solid player for KU in future years. Like nearly all freshman, he needs time to adjust.

One of the major things he needs is strength & to learn to grab the ball strong. He still thinks he can get by on his talent and playing soft. He's no longer the best player on the floor.

sedated 02-21-2013 09:29 AM

Im definitely still hoping Rio sticks around. He's the exact type of guy that can grow and produce later in his career. He seems to have some defensive skill and intensity, and has shown flashes of being able to handle the ball and get into the lane.

With Tharpe being consistently inconsistent and no true point coming in next year (other than Mason who doesnt strike me as a guy who will play as a frosh), we could need him.

Saul Good 02-21-2013 10:41 AM

So did Kansas really just win a game in which they made one field goal total in two overtime periods?

O.city 02-21-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9422288)
So did Kansas really just win a game in which they made one field goal total in two overtime periods?

Yeah, and it was ugly.

And glorious at the same time.

Silock 02-21-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

He had a bad game and has had a bad year.

But seriously, **** you. You're such a gloryhunter. I'd rather see a million Perry Ellises on KU than have you as a fan. He's still a kid. You, and people like you, disgust me.

Ceej 02-21-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Yeah. I'll take it.

Especially considering I had didn't have high hopes winning in Stillwater.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 11:05 AM

main thing that worries me about Ellis is how 'low' he plays.

he may be able to jump but most of the time he plays well below the rim.

should play higher ... also must learn to use his left hand

Chiefspants 02-21-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

OSU only made two iirc, to give you an idea of the type of game it was.

Al Czervik 02-21-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9422335)

But seriously, **** you. You're such a gloryhunter. I'd rather see a million Perry Ellises on KU than have you as a fan. He's still a kid. You, and people like you, disgust me.

****ing A!!!!

Kid is a student athlete who is trying to find his way. I can assure you he is more disapointed in his play than the "so-called" fans.

Sounds like PBitch is an MU fan. At least he should be.....
Go join the douches that want their players to DIAF or think their players are throwing games.

You are a perfect fit.

Pants 02-21-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Prison Bitch is a ****ing plague of ignorance and idiocy upon KU threads.

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 11:53 AM

There is plenty to bitch about without calling out Ellis...

Our Free throw shooting is laughable and our perimeter defense is ran by the Iraqi Defense minister...

But to bitch about Ellis is pure garbage...

DJay23 02-21-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Ding!

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422517)

Our Free throw shooting is laughable and our perimeter defense is ran by the Iraqi Defense minister...

FT shooting is one thing to bitch about - but how is a defense that forced OSU into shooting 4-21 (19%) from 3 point & 21-64 (32%) from 2 point bad?

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9422534)
FT shooting is one thing to bitch about - but how is a defense that forced OSU into shooting 4-21 (19%) from 3 point & 21-64 (32%) from 2 point bad?

Both teams shot poorly... But all season long just like the OU game. They had guys wide open everywhere...

Just the way it is with Kansas.

Bearcat 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9422534)

Hey, we're not talking about stats here. WATCH THE GAME!

I really need an agenda to push... a few people are really into the PG situation, there's the Ellis thing, Laz and Reerun apparently watching a different team or something..... does anyone want to argue about Jamari Traylor? Because, well, I could come up with some very strong opinions about him or something, and then shove it in your face later.

Braincase 02-21-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Won it at the free throw line, and put two of their starters on the bench fouled out in the process. Beautiful.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9422561)

I really need an agenda to push... a few people are really into the PG situation, there's the Ellis thing, Laz and Reerun apparently watching a different team or something..... does anyone want to argue about Jamari Traylor? Because, well, I could come up with some very strong opinions about him or something, and then shove it in your face later.

WTF

What did i say about the last game that was 'off'?

never mind ... anytime somebody needs a name to bitch about they use mind.

It's what all the cool kids do.

O.city 02-21-2013 12:12 PM

The reason teams have guys open at the 3 line so much against KU, is because thats where they run their offense. It can't be run in the lane because defensively, KU is too good in the paint with Withey.

Teams run alot of Euro principles against KU and screen and roll trying to get everyone out of the paint and running around screens.

Seems Self and co. just say "well, we're staying in the middle and make you make shots to beat us while we defend best we can out there

Bearcat 02-21-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422559)
Both teams shot poorly... But all season long just like the OU game. They had guys wide open everywhere...

Just the way it is with Kansas.

They had a nice stat in last night's game... KU has a +15 point differential in the paint this season, and it was +18 vs OSU, and IIRC, that was maybe halfway through the 2nd half. So, would you rather give up 15 more points in the paint and not have the #1 FG% defense in the country, or give up a few open looks beyond the arc?

(Maybe KCC could do some kenpom magic and see where that ranks... if they showed it, I missed it.)

DJay23 02-21-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9422350)
main thing that worries me about Ellis is how 'low' he plays.

he may be able to jump but most of the time he plays well below the rim.

should play higher ... also must learn to use his left hand

That's a good point. He has shown he can get up for rebounds and blocks, but doesn't use it on his shot. I hope we see the same transformation in him that we saw with the Morris twins. Remember we wondered whether they could even dunk!

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Rainbows and Unicorns for Bearcat.... :D

DJay23 02-21-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9422585)
They had a nice stat in last night's game... KU has a +15 point differential in the paint this season, and it was +18 vs OSU, and IIRC, that was maybe halfway through the 2nd half. So, would you rather give up 15 more points in the paint and not have the #1 FG% defense in the country, or give up a few open looks beyond the arc?

(Maybe KCC could do some kenpom magic and see where that ranks... if they showed it, I missed it.)

Some people just aren't getting it. Bill Self has said it before. They help inside to prevent the easy basket and run out on the perimeter. Would you rather stop a 50% shot or a 35% shot first? It seems to work pretty well judging my KU's efficiency ratings. The whining about "perimeter defense sucks" is getting pretty old.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9422587)
That's a good point. He has shown he can get up for rebounds and blocks, but doesn't use it on his shot. I hope we see the same transformation in him that we saw with the Morris twins. Remember we wondered whether they could even dunk!

I think that's a key issue.

If he starts playing higher and using his left hand he won't get so many shots rejected. He's having to do all sorts of crap to avoid getting his shocks blocked and it's messing him up.

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9422609)
Some people just aren't getting it. Bill Self has said it before. They help inside to prevent the easy basket and run out on the perimeter. Would you rather stop a 50% shot or a 35% shot first? It seems to work pretty well judging my KU's efficiency ratings. The whining about "perimeter defense sucks" is getting pretty old.

So is listening to you guys whine about Ellis also....

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:23 PM

Wait, I thought Self and his wife were divorcing....

Why was she at the game last night? Can any MU or KSU fan confirm why she was there?

saphojunkie 02-21-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9421854)
LOL I would actually hope he reaches that potential....sadly

You are being really stupid regarding Ellis. Really, really, really stupid.

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:29 PM

The Self Shuffle at the end of the first OT was awesome...

I am watching both OTs for lunch...

Bearcat 02-21-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422600)
Rainbows and Unicorns for Bearcat.... :D

Not last night, that's for sure.... as far as complaining about the complaining, last night's a clear exception. Someone mentioned the Purdue game in the tournament last year, and I always think about the SIU game a few years ago... brutal to watch, even though I'm glad Self-coached teams can win those types of games.

Reerun_KC 02-21-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9422654)
Not last night, that's for sure.... as far as complaining about the complaining, last night's a clear exception. Someone mentioned the Purdue game in the tournament last year, and I always think about the SIU game a few years ago... brutal to watch, even though I'm glad Self-coached teams can win those types of games.

Forte for OSU is going to be a huge pain in our ass for the next few years...

He has the Keaton Page/Bryon Faton douchery about him...

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Which side of the argument would you like.... "TRAYLOR SUKS BAWLS!!1!" or "TRAYLOR IS AWSME!!1!1!"?

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422626)

Why was she at the game last night? Can any MU or KSU fan confirm why she was there?

The divorce settlement is a tricky thing. They needed time before & after the game to work through it. Unfortunately, Bill was tied up with a few cheerleaders in his Stillwater apartment after the game.

Prison Bitch 02-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422662)
Forte for OSU is going to be a huge pain in our ass for the next few years...

I think we went about 8-1 vs. Keiton Paige so he wasn't that big a pain.

Bearcat 02-21-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9422721)
Which side of the argument would you like.... "TRAYLOR SUKS BAWLS!!1!" or "TRAYLOR IS AWSME!!1!1!"?

I'm flexible. I did kind of like what I saw from him early in the season, because he got after it on defense.... so, I'll go with "TRAYLOR IS AWSME!!1!1!".... and since he's producing way under his potential of a triple double per game with 23ppg, the other option is just way too easy. Of course, if you can't see that, you're just a hater and you'll hear about it when he goes off for 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals against TCU. Just wait...

DJay23 02-21-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422615)
So is listening to you guys whine about Ellis also....

I haven't said shit about Ellis but since it was broached, I agree with those who have said it's too early to cast him off.

Prison Bitch 02-21-2013 01:14 PM

And yet, for all the bluster here, BIll Self is speaking loudest on the topic. He's now relegated him behind Jamari Traylor in the rotation. So our Mickey D is now third string and getting 5 minutes a game, contributing nothing offensively and nothing defensively either. Most games his stat sheet is just...empty.

He may or may not be good one day. But presuming to KNOW he will be good, is totally unwarranted as of today. One of my good friends used to try and convince me Eric Chenowith will = Raef based on their first two years stats. I kept laughing.

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9422840)
And yet, for all the bluster here, BIll Self is speaking loudest on the topic. He's now relegated him behind Jamari Traylor in the rotation. So our Mickey D is now third string and getting 5 minutes a game, contributing nothing offensively and nothing defensively either. Most games his stat sheet is just...empty.

He may or may not be good one day. But presuming to KNOW he will be good, is totally unwarranted as of today. One of my good friends used to try and convince me Eric Chenowith will = Raef based on their first two years stats. I kept laughing.

Let's clear one thing up - being a MCDAA means nothing.

And I never said I knew he'd be good. I've said that he'll end up being a solid player. Nothing more, nothing less.

CoMoChief 02-21-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

I've never been as disappointed in a McD's AA as I am w/ him.

He's just a boy playing w/ men. He's scared...he's not able to adjust to faster bigger and better competition and it shows in his play.

CoMoChief 02-21-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9422937)
Let's clear one thing up - being a MCDAA means nothing.

And I never said I knew he'd be good. I've said that he'll end up being a solid player. Nothing more, nothing less.

:spock:

Does it mean they'll be NCAA Wooden Award candidates? No...obviously it's up to them to contribute and get better and perform.

But let's be real here...McD's AA are the best of the best HS coming out (most of the time). Many of them go on to play pro ball. Of course some don't pan out.

Ellis is one that will not pan out.

noa 02-21-2013 02:00 PM

Who cares? It's not like Bill Self makes him play poorly, or that the roster spot was a poor investment. In those cases, I might be concerned, but he's just struggling through his first year. Even if he never puts it together, KU has a long line of players who never fully lived up to their potential. Getting worked up over him being an MCDA is silly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow 02-21-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9422976)
:spock:

Does it mean they'll be NCAA Wooden Award candidates? No...obviously it's up to them to contribute and get better and perform.

But let's be real here...McD's AA are the best of the best HS coming out (most of the time). Many of them go on to play pro ball. Of course some don't pan out.

Ellis is one that will not pan out.

A quick look at MCDAA's from years past show that they aren't necessarily the "best of the best". It's not like they are the consensus top 20 players in the country, some even get in because of the school they choose.... *cough*Wear brothers*cough*.

Sure, a lot of them are great players, or go on to be great players. But even the great MCDAA's struggle as freshman.

Let's start with this - before his first game at KU, what did you expect out of a freshman Ellis?

Buehler445 02-21-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422517)

FTs were awful in the beginning but won us the game. They would have won us the game 2 OT sooner if we had hit one but yeah. They did win the game on the line.

Quote:

I was down on Traylor before but thought he gave some quality minutes last night. Do you just want to throw that in my face and call it good?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9422626)

KU is obviously paying her to be there to save face. Duh!

CoMoChief 02-21-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9423144)
A quick look at MCDAA's from years past show that they aren't necessarily the "best of the best". It's not like they are the consensus top 20 players in the country, some even get in because of the school they choose.... *cough*Wear brothers*cough*.

Sure, a lot of them are great players, or go on to be great players. But even the great MCDAA's struggle as freshman.

Let's start with this - before his first game at KU, what did you expect out of a freshman Ellis?

I expect him not to completely ****ing suck!!!! which is what he is.

I expect to show flashes of greatness....able to get open down low, box out, rebound, make FT's, layups, not turn the ball over etc.

the Talking Can 02-21-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9423260)
I expect him not to completely ****ing suck!!!! which is what he is.

I expect to show flashes of greatness....able to get open down low, box out, rebound, make FT's, layups, not turn the ball over etc.

does he owe you money or something?

Bearcat 02-21-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9423241)
=

I was down on Traylor before but thought he gave some quality minutes last night. Do you just want to throw that in my face and call it good?

I TOLD YOU HE COULD COME IN AND BE SERVICEABLE IF EVERYONE ELSE FOULED OUT!

It's not over though... oh no.

BWillie 02-21-2013 03:28 PM

Self spoke to the Journal-World about the tweets after Wednesday’s win at OSU.

“He is frustrated,” Self said of the player who has not played much this season. “He didn’t have a great shootaround today. I talked to him about it (tweets). I’m disappointed he’d say (tweet) anything negative. He will not be doing anything negative in the future or he won’t be around. I read them. They were not the best in the world; they were not the worst, either.”

KC_Connection 02-21-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9422585)

I thought we went over this just yesterday. Rerun should try reading back a few pages.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=4784

Quote:

Anyway, to hopefully conclude this series, here are my opinions in bullet points.

- The offense is largely in control of the quality of 3-point shots it takes.
- These decisions are affected by the quality of the opposing 2P% defense
- 3P% is also influenced by effective challenging of shots.
- All of that can add up to about a 3% swing from average.
- So 3P% defense is not totally random
- But a defense has considerably more direct impact on 2P% than 3P%.
KU is the best at 2P% defense in the country and has been by far over the last five years. That basically means that they're the best at what they can fully control. Having that good 2P% defense also leads to better 3P% defense (because keeping teams out of the paint can often lead to difficult low percentage shots that they don't want to take, which is a pretty intuitive effect). While 3P% defense is largely random, this effect has still led KU to have the 7th best 3P% defense in the last 5 years.

So basically, nobody should be complaining about the team's defense. Doing so is ridiculous. It's a tremendous strength, not a weakness in any way, shape, or form.

CoMoChief 02-21-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9423267)
does he owe you money or something?

What?