ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** Official Bengals/Bills GDT ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346811)

Demonpenz 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

if it pans to joe buck headshot alone and he starts reading the time you know it's over

Boxer_Chief 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

I don’t see how playing tomorrow is a whole lot better. The players will still feel the same way. I don’t know what the answer is, but if it is serious they won’t want to play tomorrow.

FloridaMan88 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

NFL played the remainder of the game after the Detroit Lions player Chuck Hughes had a heart attack and died on the field.

Presumably the NFL has progressed since 1971 (?)

TLO 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 16704610)
An unfortunate truth. Being in denial isn't helping.

This isn't the time or place. Shut the **** up

MMXcalibur 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 16704605)
They need to stop making these analysts suffer trying to explain shit over and over. Just put a caption up there and show commercials until we know something.

Agreed, move it to Sportscenter or something.

Only room for an egregious error or poor language to discuss the issue.

lewdog 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

This game is too important for the entire NFL picture to cancel it completely. If it was two bottom standing teams, maybe they would cancel it completely.

I think they give them a day or two to regroup but this will be played.

UChieffyBugger 01-02-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate175 (Post 16704565)
Christian Erickson in the 2020 Euros. Just suddenly collapsed due to cardiac arrest. Hopeful tale in that he made a full recovery and is still playing in the Premier League.

It happened to footballer Fabrice Muamba aswell. That was just as scary as this situation tbh because when he was carried off the field most people thought he'd died. I remember there was just silence on his status and everyone kept checking twitter or listening to the media for updates and thankfully he survived and made a full recovery. Ericksson is playing again but Muamba retired. If Hamler pulls through he probably has to consider doing the same imo.

jerryaldini 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 16704604)
I mean. if he was suddenly fine , it could be different

maybe they're doing what everyone else is and waiting for info

That's the only way it goes on. But can't keep waiting much longer. Makes me hope it's possible

mr. tegu 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

I’m guessing nobody is going anywhere regardless until they hear about the player, so might as well hope for good news and maybe still play the game tonight.

J Diddy 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 16704605)
They need to stop making these analysts suffer trying to explain shit over and over. Just put a caption up there and show commercials until we know something.

Thank you. I feel like I'm at a psychoanalyst seminar that is being presented by Booger.

KC_Connection 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

NFL is in a pretty tough spot here. They really have to play this game at some point this week given the playoffs are less than two weeks away, but it would look incredibly callous to push forward like this given what appears to have happened to Hamlin.

Eleazar 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief (Post 16704615)
I don’t see how playing tomorrow is a whole lot better. The players will still feel the same way. I don’t know what the answer is, but if it is serious they won’t want to play tomorrow.

Depends on what happens with the player IMO.

TribalElder 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

At least we aren't getting cut over to a manning cast

or dude perfect if this was Amazon Prime ROFL

jerryaldini 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Exactly one day means nothing

comochiefsfan 01-02-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

shit they probably won't want to play the rest of the season if this goes south.

I just don't know how you can even begin to think about football.