ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

silver5liter 07-03-2013 01:39 PM

Its strange how much differently diets effect different people. Im 6'2" was 275, now 257. I went to a drastic 1000-1200 cal a day diet and really havent felt any different. I do feel hungry alot more, but that is to be expected lol

epitome1170 07-03-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9790764)
Its strange how much differently diets effect different people. Im 6'2" was 275, now 257. I went to a drastic 1000-1200 cal a day diet and really havent felt any different. I do feel hungry alot more, but that is to be expected lol

I am 6'-4" and 256 and that is pretty much my diet right now as well, but I am down to around 15g of carbs as well. After I head my chicken breast and broccoli lunch, I was back to feeling normal again, but apparently right now when I get hunger my body wants to shut down without the carbs.

Silock 07-03-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 9790675)
Hate to bump my own post, but was hoping for some sort of enlightenment:

Does anyone have any experience with SNI Whey Protein?

I am curious as to the taste and have also heard rumors that their nutritional facts were misleading, but their company says that has been corrected and was an issue a few years ago, but isn't any longer.

Never even heard of it. Why not just go with something else?

epitome1170 07-03-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9790813)
Never even heard of it. Why not just go with something else?

Honestly... this stuff is relatively cheap, which is probably why I am so skeptical of it.

Shogun 07-03-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 9790833)
Honestly... this stuff is relatively cheap, which is probably why I am so skeptical of it.

In fitness, if its too good to be true, then it probably is. I'd just go with a brand that a lot of people trust in Optimum Nutrition. They make fantastic flavors, stuff tastes really good and has a great base.

Was wondering if anybody here uses Crystal light when they're feeling a bit bored of their plain water. I probably drink about 3 gallons of water a day and I use 2 packets throughout the day. Anybody else use anything different/what is your water situation if you use anything at all?

penguinz 07-03-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9790250)
Mind elaborating a bit on that?

"regular" gatorade has a lot of sugar (sucrose)

Most fat produced by the body is due to conversion of excess glucose into fatty acid. In this way, the body does turn sugar into fat as part of the metabolic process when excess sugar is present. However, several thresholds much breach before this conversion takes place. Cells must first absorb glucose to capacity for immediate use, then muscles must absorb glycogen to capacity for later use. Only then will the body resort to converting glucose into fatty acid for storage in adipose tissue, if blood glucose levels remain too high.

On the other hand, "sugar" as it relates to sucrose, or table sugar, can initiate this process much more readily. Sucrose and other simple sugars can cause rises in blood glucose levels that require the full gamut of conversions to lower them quickly enough to prevent damage.

RunKC 07-03-2013 09:03 PM

Made it to 9.2 and I think that's about as high as I can get by tomorrow at noon.

I feel so much better than before it's unreal. I still have a ways to go, but I think if I keep on a healthy diet and run/workout 3x a week I'll be golden.

Thanks for the help guys.

Silock 07-03-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9791093)
In fitness, if its too good to be true, then it probably is. I'd just go with a brand that a lot of people trust in Optimum Nutrition. They make fantastic flavors, stuff tastes really good and has a great base.

Was wondering if anybody here uses Crystal light when they're feeling a bit bored of their plain water. I probably drink about 3 gallons of water a day and I use 2 packets throughout the day. Anybody else use anything different/what is your water situation if you use anything at all?

I drink 4 quarts of Crystal Light per day.

Shogun 07-04-2013 12:56 AM

Started last year today on my birthday at 313lbs. Just weighed in at 245 holding a bunch of water and dinner from tonight. Been a good ride so far

silver5liter 07-04-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome1170 (Post 9790800)
I am 6'-4" and 256 and that is pretty much my diet right now as well, but I am down to around 15g of carbs as well. After I head my chicken breast and broccoli lunch, I was back to feeling normal again, but apparently right now when I get hunger my body wants to shut down without the carbs.

You know, when I was heavier this would happen to me alot but it was low blood sugar. Have you had any tests done to see if you are hypoglycemic. I use to get shacky, clammy and light headed alot if i was really hungry. I havent really had that happen to me at all since going to the diet though.

Silock 07-04-2013 03:50 AM

Day 24:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...A06327C1AB.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...A06ACE9A19.jpg

No shirtless pics today. I usually take them after I shower, but no shower tonight... early soccer game in the morning.

Workout:

90 minutes of casual pickup soccer. Nothing too taxing; just a bit of cardio to stretch my legs and get my heart rate up for a while.

Nutrition:

32 oz grilled shrimp
ON Whey shake + MCT oil

Totals: 1,171 cals, 28g carbs, 22g fat, 210g protein

DTLB58 07-04-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9792044)
Day 24:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...A06327C1AB.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...A06ACE9A19.jpg

No shirtless pics today. I usually take them after I shower, but no shower tonight... early soccer game in the morning.

Workout:

90 minutes of casual pickup soccer. Nothing too taxing; just a bit of cardio to stretch my legs and get my heart rate up for a while.

Nutrition:

32 oz grilled shrimp
ON Whey shake + MCT oil

Totals: 1,171 cals, 28g carbs, 22g fat, 210g protein

Damn guy, what do you weigh <150?

Silock 07-04-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9792060)
Damn guy, what do you weigh <150?

5'11", 182 lbs as of 6 hours ago.

Aspengc8 07-04-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9791121)
"regular" gatorade has a lot of sugar (sucrose)

Most fat produced by the body is due to conversion of excess glucose into fatty acid. In this way, the body does turn sugar into fat as part of the metabolic process when excess sugar is present. However, several thresholds much breach before this conversion takes place. Cells must first absorb glucose to capacity for immediate use, then muscles must absorb glycogen to capacity for later use. Only then will the body resort to converting glucose into fatty acid for storage in adipose tissue, if blood glucose levels remain too high.

On the other hand, "sugar" as it relates to sucrose, or table sugar, can initiate this process much more readily. Sucrose and other simple sugars can cause rises in blood glucose levels that require the full gamut of conversions to lower them quickly enough to prevent damage.

The key is excess. As long as he is in a caloric deficit, gatorade or any other sports drink is fine.

Marcellus 07-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9792106)
The key is excess. As long as he is in a caloric deficit, gatorade or any other sports drink is fine.

Bingo, if you are in a calorie deficit your body isn't storing anything as fat.