ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers Somebody's gotta have the inside scoop on Google Fiber launching tomorrow..?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261759)

GloryDayz 10-28-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12509792)
It is not. I had weeks with twc.

Google has had the best customer service i have had with a company.

As for the layoffs I read they are slowing expansion.

Two calls to TWC in more than 10 yeas and one was next day (called after 2:00), the other was same day. The second resulted in a new cable being run that day (and buried a week later).

Other times I had issues I was always allowed to swap-out my box if I wanted to, if I was willing to drive 10 minutes to the local TWC store.

Mr. Laz 10-28-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12509911)
What? They have more that 54,000 employees! Move some assholes from the "write conservative-hating algorithm" group to the "fix fiber issues" group. I have no sympathy for a company like Google when it comes to staffing. And they should have a few service techs left in reserve, or with lighter schedules, to respond to fix actions.

I'm sure they'll claim they do have that for business class, but that's prolly a lie, so that could be a consideration for businesses thinking of going with GF for business connectivity instead of somebody else.

Holy shit ... there has to be inbreeding in your stupid ****ing family. Nothing else explains your tinfoil hat stupidity.

No subject is beyond your republican venom and idiocy.

reported

GloryDayz 10-28-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12509972)
Holy shit ... there has to be inbreeding in your stupid ****ing family. Nothing else explains your tinfoil hat stupidity.

No subject is beyond your republican venom and idiocy.

reported

Holy shit, you're thin skinned. Good job defending that 54,000-person Mon-and-Pop shop

Mr. Laz 10-28-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12510000)
Holy shit, you're thin skinned. Good job defending that 54,000-person Mon-and-Pop shop

i've interacted enough with your to know that you're complete trash.

Your avatar alone should limit you to only posting in D.C.

Improve the world, go out and walk into oncoming traffic.

GloryDayz 10-28-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12510113)
i've interacted enough with your to know that you're complete trash.

Your avatar alone should limit you to only posting in D.C.

Improve the world, go out and walk into oncoming traffic.

Reported... But my avatar would grab your avatar in the genitals...

GloryDayz 10-31-2016 12:45 PM

Ouch, this might explain a lot..

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/26/tech...le-fiber-cuts/

Quote:

If you've been waiting for Google to bring high-speed Internet to your city, don't hold your breath.
Google Fiber is pausing its expansion into new markets, losing its top executive and planning a round of layoffs. It is the clearest signal yet that the ambitious effort may be on life support.
Craig Barratt, the CEO of Access, the division that includes Fiber, announced the changes along with his decision to step down in a blog post late Tuesday.
"In the cities where we've launched or are under construction, our work will continue," Barratt said. But for additional cities that were in talks to receive Google Fiber, "we're going to pause our operations and offices while we refine our approaches."
Barratt also said Google Fiber will be "reducing our employee base." A source familiar with the matter said Google Fiber would cut 9% of staff, or more than 100 employees.

Mr. Laz 02-24-2017 12:37 PM

Google raised the prices already.

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

mnchiefsguy 02-24-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12755187)
Google raised the prices already.

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

Maybe that is for new customers? I just checked my account and the prices listed are the same that I have been paying all along, and I have not gotten any notification about a price increase.

Fish 02-24-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 12755249)
Maybe that is for new customers? I just checked my account and the prices listed are the same that I have been paying all along, and I have not gotten any notification about a price increase.

Same here.

GloryDayz 02-24-2017 08:44 PM

Mine has not increased. But I'll gladly trade them 100Mbps that I never use if they'll cut my bill by 10%. 20% for 200Mbps?

Mr. Laz 03-21-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Google Fiber
Fiber is coming to Central Overland Park

Hi there,

We've got some exciting news: Fiber is coming to Central Overland Park in April.

We've been working hard to build our network in Central Overland Park. While there's still lots more digging to do, sign-ups will be open next month.

Tell your friends to get ready—Fiber is coming:

Mr. Laz 04-04-2017 04:33 PM

Central Overland Park signing period is now open.

Get to logging in people.

Mr. Laz 04-04-2017 05:44 PM

Well ****, Google fiber only provides a whole home TV setup. You can buy as many t.v. boxes(for $10 each per month) but there is only 1 DVR for each house. No options.

Sucks

With the size of HD shows now, 1 terabyte of DVR storage won't last long for an entire house.

TambaBerry 04-04-2017 07:19 PM

Dude that will hold like 70 hours of HD

Hammock Parties 04-05-2017 04:01 PM

I've had google fiber for over three years now...they're awesome, I just wish they would rush installs for priors customers who are moving.

It's pretty shitty to let someone who has had your service loyally for 3+ years just sit there and wait months for an install after applying for it as soon as they knew their new address.

In the mean time I get to enjoy shitty ass Consolidated Communications internet...yay!

#whitewhine