ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals **Official Royals vs. Phillies 4/7 Gamethread** AKA Vengeance Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271842)

SAUTO 04-07-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9565527)
Well they need to wake up....

Just need someone to settle down in the ninth. The rest has been awesome minus one hoch showing
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 04-07-2013 03:15 PM

I would recommend that until Yost learns how to better manage the bullpen and get more bullpen talent you better keep several cases of 'DEPENDS' on board. At least he learned and pulled Holland.

Not out of the woods by any stretch because as you have witnessed today the pitching psyche is still very fragile in some when not taken care of properly.

Go Royals !!

MeatRock 04-07-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9565575)
I would recommend that until Yost learns how to better manage the bullpen and get more bullpen talent you better keep several cases of 'DEPENDS' on board. At least he learned and pulled Holland.

Not out of the woods by any stretch because as you have witnessed today the pitching psyche is still very fragile in some when not taken care of properly.

Go Royals !!

Would you stop with this bullshit dude? It's tiring and wrong.

tk13 04-07-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9565537)
First off, I think you're purposely misrepresenting what Bill James said.

Second, what exactly is your point? Holland is our closer. He was good last year closing. He failed in back-to-back games this weekend. Are you saying he can't close? He should close? That we don't really have a closer? That we should've re-signed Soria? That we need to find someone to close who's not on the roster -- The Proven Closer?

Or are you just once again straining your rotator cuff patting yourself on the back for being the only sane person on ChiefsPlanet who A) never "freaks out" and B) is always right?

Well that's kind of harsh. I am certainly not always right. Holland's struggled but he appeared to have pulled it together last night, blew away two guys before giving up the big hit. Then today he was still one out away. It wasn't like he was Ankiel'ing it up out there. His stuff was pretty good. It's almost like he needs to relax a bit out there... but maybe his confidence is rattled and won't ever recover. I don't think that's unfair.

MeatRock 04-07-2013 03:18 PM

Yost has managed the bullpen fine. JFC

MeatRock 04-07-2013 03:19 PM

At some point you have to put blame on the player.

RedDread 04-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9565575)

Go Royals !!

You should not post in a Royals thread for the rest of the year.

KChiefs1 04-07-2013 03:21 PM

Ned says the closer is....

DeezNutz 04-07-2013 03:22 PM

FFS. No one asks about the closer situation in the presser? KC media upholding their glowing reputation.

PunkinDrublic 04-07-2013 03:23 PM

All I've got to say is Billy Butler I love you, you glorius fat bastard! No homo.

Chiefshrink 04-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9565542)
And it drives me nuts watching teams keep their best pitcher in the bullpen during the most important game situations only because it isn't the last inning of the game. Presumably so the "closer" can watch in comfort in the last inning when the games already lost and he serves no purpose.

But such is life in baseball.

Well until we get our bullpen to grow some tough mental balls(get some confidence over time in small increments) or get better talent, WINS are the most important thing right now 'early on' from a whole team psyche perspective. And we can't afford to lose more than we win 'early on' if we are to make it to the playoffs because we don't have the 'strong psyche' built yet to endure that kind of adversity. Therefore to your point I think Yost has to go unorthodox a bit in the latter innings with the bullpen until their is some good confidence built that will allow for more of a standard bullpen approach.

Kidd Lex 04-07-2013 03:24 PM

They got the W on the road against a solid team. Great times!! Lets start a winning streak tomorrow versus the twinkies behind Santana. I'm hoping his game plays better in Kauffman.

KcMizzou 04-07-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9565595)
FFS. No one asks about the closer situation in the presser? KC media upholding their glowing reputation.

They're afraid of him. He gets grumpy sometimes.

LMAO

siberian khatru 04-07-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9565584)
Well that's kind of harsh. I am certainly not always right. Holland's struggled but he appeared to have pulled it together last night, blew away two guys before giving up the big hit. Then today he was still one out away. It wasn't like he was Ankiel'ing it up out there. It's almost like he needs to relax a bit out there... but maybe his confidence is rattled and won't ever recover.

Fine.

Look, I respect your knowledge. But IMO you have developed an annoying posting style with lots of "Yeah, everybody always says X, but I've always said Y," and "I must've been the only one who said ..." You did it with Peyton Manning earlier today.

Then there's the common "Everybody's freaking out except me." It's a game thread on the Internet. People freak out. They blow off steam. It's kind of presumptuous to enter one and tell everyone they're being gauche.

It's not confrontational, like a lot of CPers' "You effing moron," but it's kind of passive-aggressive.

Duncan, for example, seems to get his points across civilly and without it being about him.

Sorry, but this has been eating at me for a couple of years and it just came to a head. I'm sure I'm not everybody's bowl of oatmeal, either.

tk13 04-07-2013 03:29 PM

I definitely have an Andy Kaufman-esque sense of humor. I've never denied otherwise. It's no big deal. Just like people flipping out on a message board, I didn't think flipping people crap on a message board was a big deal. But if it's that frustrating, I apologize.