ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

Contrarian 04-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9596969)
Wow this place has way too high an opinion of Branden Albert

No shit man!

-King- 04-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9600102)
You failed to answer the question.

Unsurprising.

I answered the question. Going from the most important position on the offensive line to the third most important is a demotion.

loochy 04-18-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600103)
What does money have to do with it? So just because someone is paid millions of dollars means they can't have the same rights as others? If someone isn't comfortable with the position their company is putting them in, it doesn't matter whether they make $7.25 an hour or $9 million a year.

well yeah it does matter.

if you are getting paid a lot you stick it out and keep getting your money until you find something better

WV 04-18-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9600064)
First off, Albert can play out the tag and sign elsewhere next year. And quite frankly, there's no one in the league that's going to pay him nearly $10 million per to play right tackle.

I'll be shocked if he even gets $9 million, whether its the Dolphins or another team.

That is the point. He believes he is a LT and hence due LT money. Apparently the Chiefs want him to play RT. After his tag runs out they would be inclined to pay him less as a RT. So it technically speaking it would be a demotion if he stayed in KC.

RunKC 04-18-2013 02:56 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71 24s
Reid's traits in an O-lineman:" Well you always look at the feet. I mean that's kind of where you start." #Chiefs

Well that's probably a big reason right there. Joeckel is said to have excellent feet.

I'd still rather have Fisher, but Joeckel isn't that bad.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600107)
I answered the question. Going from the most important position on the offensive line to the third most important is a demotion.

Bullshit.

Nice copout.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9600118)
That is the point. He believes he is a LT and hence due LT money. Apparently the Chiefs want him to play RT. After his tag runs out they would be inclined to pay him less as a RT. So it technically speaking it would be a demotion if he stayed in KC.

But he wouldn't STAY in KC once the 2013 season is over. That's the point.

The Chiefs aren't going to him $9 million a year to be a right tackle and I doubt he gets $9 million a year to be a left tackle.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

What does money have to do with it? So just because someone is paid millions of dollars means they can't have the same rights as others?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Same rights? How are Albert's, or anyone's, RIGHTS affected by a demotion, especially without a reduction in pay?

Quote:

If someone isn't comfortable with the position their company is putting them in, it doesn't matter whether they make $7.25 an hour or $9 million a year.

LMAO

Good luck in the real world, Kid. Let us know how that works out once you own a home, cars, etc. and have real world responsibilities.

Try telling your boss to "Piss off" because you've been reassigned to another department and see how long you're employed.

ToxSocks 04-18-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9600136)
Reid's traits in an O-lineman:" Well you always look at the feet. I mean that's kind of where you start." #Chiefs

Rex Ryan agrees.

ChiefAshhole20 04-18-2013 03:32 PM

To the whole "employee pay reduction" scenario thing, switch that entire situation on the bosses side, ya know, the ones who just inherited the franchise and has the intentions of building a consistent winner with a cooperative team. If you have the opportunity to acquire a bright young new candidate to replace the job of the disgruntled, older, possibly unwilling employee at a cheaper price AND the chance to acquire more assets, why wouldn't you? If you have a player on your team who isn't willing to cooperate, why wouldn't you trade him and obtain the actual best player in this years draft, and not just reach for a QB, simply because your predecessors never chose one either.

Buckweath 04-18-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9600118)

The Chiefs do not want Albert to play RT. As Andy Reid said, Albert is a LT. End of the story. Albert could very well be a poor RT.. Why do people think you can just move guys around, at positions where they have never played before.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9600221)
The Chiefs do not want Albert to play RT. As Andy Reid said, Albert is a LT. End of the story. Albert could very well be a poor RT.. Why do people think you can just move guys around, at positions where they have never played before.

You clearly haven't been following this story.

Andy Reid wanted Albert to open about playing any position on the line. He refused and said he'd only play left tackle.

TBG relayed that if the Chiefs choose Joeckel or Fisher, Albert would be moved inside to left guard, something he has refused to do.

He's gone. Done.

Red Dawg 04-18-2013 03:43 PM

Get Albert the hell out of here and start planning on who to take in the second. He is replaceable with our first pick. Some of you are delusional about his skill.

notorious 04-18-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9600136)

Well that's probably a big reason right there. Joeckel is said to have excellent feet.

I'd still rather have Fisher, but Joeckel isn't that bad.

Rex Ryan is about to trade his entire draft for Joeckel.

notorious 04-18-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9600187)
Rex Ryan agrees.

God Damnit!