ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** Official Michigan vs Kansas Sweet Sixteen Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271572)

DJ's left nut 03-30-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9540189)
How the **** do you call starting 4 seniors and a lottery pick a rebuilding year?

It's Bill Self.

He calls every year a rebuilding year.

The Jayhawks will return 2 players next year that played significant minutes in their rotation. They went 7 deep most of the season with 4 seniors and a 1 and done freshman getting the major bulk of the minutes.

And of course Bill Self calls it a rebuilding year. I even joked to a buddy of mine about Self calling this a rebuild thinking that even he didn't have the stones to try to make that claim.

Self just makes it very easy to dislike him.

-King- 03-30-2013 02:32 PM

Wonder which team will be stupid enough to make Withey a lottery pick.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9541535)
It's over. Poor kid has to live with that game the rest of his life. I wouldn't want my kid to have to deal with that kind of heartbreak, let alone the scorn or the masses. We all need to let it go. It's over.

Meanwhile, Kansas has the #2 recruiting class in the country. Maybe I was wrong... we don't have rebuilding years, we have reloading years.

We're all pretty much hypocrites in life. I mean we feel bad for guys like EJ who will move on from it long before we will. But on this board everybody thought it was great when Hoibergs kid cried ... Like a kid will... After the ISU game.

On the flip side there were some genuinely funny tweets.

"EJ, will you have to register with the state after that man junk assault"?

DJ's left nut 03-30-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9541215)
We will have more depth next year than we did this year.

Tharpe, Adams, White return. Add Selden, Greene and Frankamp. That's a lot of highly touted guards.

Ellis, Traylor, Lucas return. Add Embiid. That's solid post presence.

That's a rebuilding year.

KU is going to be extremely young and extremely talented next year. They'll get a shitload of kids minutes that will be huge for them in 2015.

Bill Self can easily and justifiably call next year's squad a rebuilding squad because it's going to be full of inexperienced young kids that are going to be key to 2015.

But the 2013 squad was full of Seniors playing key roles that will contribute nothing as players to the 2014 squad. There's nothing 'rebuilding' about that.

Braincase 03-30-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9541568)

Withey will carve out a 10-12 year career in the NBA, barring injury.

Ceej 03-30-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9541568)

He'll be okay in the NBA.

A guy who can rebound, block some shots and maybe put up 6-8 ppg.

Titty Meat 03-30-2013 03:59 PM

KU will win the shitty conference next year and choke in the tournament.

Ceej 03-30-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9541708)
KU will win the shitty conference next year and choke in the tournament.

Let us know win the Huskers win anything.

Braincase 03-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9541726)
Let us know win the Huskers win anything.

No shit. Pelini is the punk sitting on the end of the bench that never plays, and talks a pile of trash when the starters eek one out.

Ceej 03-30-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9541744)
No shit. Pelini is the punk sitting on the end of the bench that never plays, and talks a pile of trash when the starters eek one out.

He's a white Anrio Adams?

LMAO

memyselfI 03-30-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539941)
Unbelievable. I don't think Bill Self needs to be questioned...he's an amazing coach. But Elijah LITERALLY LOST THAT GAME, all by himself...missed the front end up 3, made two TERRIBLE turnovers to let Michigan back in the game...jacked up two atrocious shots in OT and threw the ball right to GRIII for another turnover...

then hit a three...but whatever

and then he passed up a wide open layup that would have at least given KU the momentum swing for OT 2

what?

That's how my bracket gets busted? For Christ sake.

Sorry, a coach who at half time told the nation that his player made 'three boneheaded plays' then trusts same player on the court at the end of regulation and overtime?

Who is making bonehead decisions now?

Look, I love Bill Self but he seriously was more responsible for this loss than Johnson. Johnson made mistakes but he's just a young player folding under pressure. Self is a grown man who has been through this numerous times. He simply failed to do his job at the end of the game. It happens.

There is still no other coach I would rather have. Hopefully he learns his lesson. Maybe he needs to run the steps at Allen Fieldhouse.

WilliamTheIrish 03-30-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9541748)
He's a white Anrio Adams?

LMAO

Only if he does the Harlem Shake.

R8RFAN 03-30-2013 04:22 PM

I hope we get a chance to kick you in the nuts next year when you have a bunch of freshmen

Ceej 03-30-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9541756)
Only if he does the Harlem Shake.

And tweets the most random, annoying shit ever.

Prison Bitch 03-30-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9541564)
Self just makes it very easy to dislike him.

The day you start liking him is the day I start worrying. He's averaged a 30-6 record his ten years at KU and puts us in a position to go deep in March every year. As long as I really like him, that's all that matters.