ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

Mother****erJones 02-24-2013 01:10 PM

Saw that. **** that man I want Geno Smith. Dont want Alex Smith and Luke Joeckel. WE HAVE A LT in Albert, now get our QB in Geno

penbrook 02-24-2013 01:16 PM

I think it's a smokescreen. Rappoport also said the chiefs would like to re signBranden Albert.

Bill Lundberg 02-24-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9432124)
I think it's a smokescreen. Rappoport also said the chiefs would like to re signBranden Albert.

And retain Pioli.. And hire Ferentz.

The guy never gets Chiefs news right

Cannibal 02-24-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9432105)

1) The Kansas City Chiefs like Alex Smith, Luke Joeckel. The Chiefs are in the full evaluation mode of the entire organization, with general manager John Dorsey still in the process of figuring out the team he has. But word is starting to leak of their interest in the San Francisco 49ers' backup quarterback. At this point, based on what I'm hearing, Kansas City has shown more interest than anyone else in dealing for a quarterback who could step in and start from Day 1 while the rest of the franchise is rebuilt. The 49ers spent this week trying to lay ground for a Smith deal and they'll do the same next week before trading becomes an official option on March 12, when free agency begins. Plus, the Chiefs could draft a developmental quarterback and know Smith won't tear the place apart if he's replaced. Apparently, the Chiefs are also high on Joeckel, the Texas A&M offensive tackle. If they're planning to take him with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, they could let Branden Albert -- their own stellar left tackle -- walk in free agency, where he'll get a ton of interest. We'll know all of this before April's draft. If Albert becomes available, the Chiefs will have tipped their hand.

Cannibal 02-24-2013 01:48 PM

Makes me sick to my stomach.

Priest31kc 02-24-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9432241)
1) The Kansas City Chiefs like Alex Smith, Luke Joeckel. The Chiefs are in the full evaluation mode of the entire organization, with general manager John Dorsey still in the process of figuring out the team he has. But word is starting to leak of their interest in the San Francisco 49ers' backup quarterback. At this point, based on what I'm hearing, Kansas City has shown more interest than anyone else in dealing for a quarterback who could step in and start from Day 1 while the rest of the franchise is rebuilt. The 49ers spent this week trying to lay ground for a Smith deal and they'll do the same next week before trading becomes an official option on March 12, when free agency begins. Plus, the Chiefs could draft a developmental quarterback and know Smith won't tear the place apart if he's replaced. Apparently, the Chiefs are also high on Joeckel, the Texas A&M offensive tackle. If they're planning to take him with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, they could let Branden Albert -- their own stellar left tackle -- walk in free agency, where he'll get a ton of interest. We'll know all of this before April's draft. If Albert becomes available, the Chiefs will have tipped their hand.

What would be the purpose of just making that up? How would that benefit the Chiefs? If someone with the Chiefs leaked that of course...

Cannibal 02-24-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9432248)
What would be the purpose of just making that up? How would that benefit the Chiefs? If someone with the Chiefs leaked that of course...

I hope you're right. Still hate these ****ing articles.

Mr. Laz 02-24-2013 01:51 PM

Alex Smith was protected in San Fran

He's got a better arm than cassel but tbh i don't know that he significantly better anywhere else.

slightly better Kyle Orton?

could be wrong but feels like a big bucket of 'meh' to me

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 01:51 PM

Just want ****ing March 12th to get here.

Bowser 02-24-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9432242)

Relax. When have these turdbirds ever been dead on accurate, much less two months before the draft?

chiefscafan 02-24-2013 01:52 PM

Me too I think this is incredibly stupid

Priest31kc 02-24-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9432242)

This.

If we trade for Alex, let Albert walk & draft Joeckel, I will probably cry.

I will have no excitement towards the upcoming season at all. There will be no hope.

All we have to do is the logical thing. Re-sign our Top 10 LT & finally draft our very own franchise QB...

But everything is pointing to us doing the exact opposite...OF COURSE!

Priest31kc 02-24-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9432255)
I hope you're right. Still hate these ****ing articles.

No I was asking a question lol...

I'm hoping its just some made up bullshit, but Im wondering how making that up would benefit the Chiefs at all? Like why leak that if it wasn't true?

Thats why its concerning to me...

Cannibal 02-24-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9432263)
This.

If we trade for Alex, let Albert walk & draft Joeckel, I will probably cry.

I will have no excitement towards the upcoming season at all. There will be no hope.

We'd basically be treading water. Total waste of the # 1 overall pick, not to mention whatever we'd have to give up to get Smith.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9432263)

Dude, your sig is ****ing sweet and all but its ****ing slowing me down...can we reduce that or do a still?