ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Who is ready for College Hoops? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265836)

Pablo 03-05-2013 10:09 PM

Would really like to see Kansas take care of business Saturday and Duke choke at UNC now.

Buehler445 03-05-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9469289)
Would really like to see Kansas take care of business Saturday and Duke choke at UNC now.

I'm fully prepared to lose to Baylor. I know that is being pessimistic, and I'm not necessarily expecting it to happen, but as awful as Baylor has played, this will be the one game they pull their heads out.

KC_Connection 03-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9469289)

You thinking overall #1?

Honestly, if KU wins out and takes the conference tournament, it's a possibility at this point.

Pablo 03-05-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9469303)
You thinking overall #1?

Honestly, if KU wins out and takes the conference tournament, it's a possibility at this point.

Yes. We would get it over Gonzaga if that all happened.

KC_Connection 03-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9469298)
I'm fully prepared to lose to Baylor. I know that is being pessimistic, and I'm not necessarily expecting it to happen, but as awful as Baylor has played, this will be the one game they pull their heads out.

If KU plays well, they'll win no matter what Baylor does (although I do think there is clearly some latent potential there BU haven't reached). And they should be ready...the conference race may come down to it.

Pablo 03-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9469298)

I don't think these seniors are giving that game up. Scott Drew will all but cement our victory. I'm glad we're playing Baylor.

KC_Connection 03-05-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9469308)
Yes. We would get it over Gonzaga if that all happened.

Yes, they would have to. Only IU and Duke could really prevent that if they themselves also won out (and considering IU has to go to Michigan and Duke has to go to UNC, that's really unlikely).

cardken2 03-05-2013 10:21 PM

Louisville Cardinals

Chiefs Pantalones 03-05-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9469322)
I don't think these seniors are giving that game up. Scott Drew will all but cement our victory. I'm glad we're playing Baylor.

Pretty much. I think the guys are focused and ready to go.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9469328)
Yes, they would have to. Only IU and Duke could really prevent that if they themselves also won out (and considering IU has to go to Michigan and Duke has to go to UNC, that's really unlikely).

I don't find either to be unlikely. While Michigan has home court they have more flaws than any other top ten team at this time. This is Crean's motivational moment. Indiana is the superior team.

Even more likely will be that Duke creams a North Carolina team that has fallen hard this year.

Honestly, though, overall it is nice that the Big 10 is the Big Boy conference again. I love that we currently have an argument to put at least 7 teams in the conference this year.

Pablo 03-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9469328)

Yep.

If KU beats Baylor(Top 50) on the road and then wins the Big 12 tourney; probably beating two tourney teams to do so, the Number 1 overall is theirs.

That's a lot of what-if's but I'm hoping for it. Never thought that would be possible three weeks ago.

Gonzaga would just be ****ed because of their conference. Sorry brahs.

Pablo 03-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469352)
I don't find either to be unlikely. While Michigan has home court they have more flaws than any other top ten team at this time. This is Crean's motivational moment. Indiana is the superior team.

Even more likely will be that Duke creams a North Carolina team that has fallen hard this year.

Honestly, though, overall it is nice that the Big 10 is the Big Boy conference again. I love that we currently have an argument to put at least 7 teams in the conference this year.

You think y'all will be favored going into that game at Michigan?

And UNC has put it together as of late. They're not a team to be taken lightly. Not someone you'd want in your bracket as an eight seed.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-05-2013 10:30 PM

I'm just curious how we can take the South away from Georgetown. They got Cuse coming up don't they?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 10:31 PM

At the end of the day, #1 isn't important. Top 4 is what matters. Unless Duke, Gonzaga, IU, or Kansas fall apart, they should be the top seeds. Unfortunately for me, IU is the most likely to loss that standing this weekend, but I have faith in Crean.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9469377)
I'm just curious how we can take the South away from Georgetown. They got Cuse coming up don't they?

Yup, but after that loss to Louisville, they also have been exposed. Georgetown is better manned and coached. Syracuse has to get some emotion together at this point.