ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2012 Sporting Kansas City\Soccer Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252792)

Stanley Nickels 04-21-2012 09:31 PM

Just unlucky in the first half; I feel good about our chances going forward.

DJay23 04-21-2012 10:32 PM

Well piss.

Reaper16 04-21-2012 10:39 PM

Can't win 'em all. Portland had the winning form from start to finish. KC's style of play doesn't look too hot on three days rest. Thankfully, there are only 4 more Wednesday games this season.

Demonpenz 04-21-2012 10:55 PM

noooo. Timing was off, no touches to Sapong pretty much. Ceasar looked like dog shit on every play he was involved with. After all that they had decent chances and portland had to score on an own goal. Not scarred. GO SKC!

Ultra Peanut 04-21-2012 11:41 PM

QUAKES! FIRST PLACE!

I'm seriously on the verge of tears, this is so awesome. This season has been such a treat so far, even with all of the injuries and Chavez' red card.

(Haven't seen you guys' game yet so I'm avoiding spoilers, but I hope you won!)

memyselfI 04-22-2012 07:30 AM

Wow, that sucked. Three games in 8 days obviously was the culprit. We just couldn't get our game in sync. I feel very bad for Chance. No one wants their first MLS goal to be an own goal which causes your team to lose a 7 game winning streak.

I'm glad the streak pressure is over. Also glad that first loss did not come at Livestrong. Also glad that the boys have two weeks to get rested, pissed off, and hungry.

Mostly glad that maybe people will stop with the "Our Time" crap. We don't want that pressure or jinx from the Royals.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-22-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8558320)
QUAKES! FIRST PLACE!

I'm seriously on the verge of tears, this is so awesome. This season has been such a treat so far, even with all of the injuries and Chavez' red card.

(Haven't seen you guys' game yet so I'm avoiding spoilers, but I hope you won!)

That is awesome Peanut, lets see you guys in the MLS Cup finale (we can hope) :D

Reaper16 04-22-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8558429)
Mostly glad that maybe people will stop with the "Our Time" crap. We don't want that pressure or jinx from the Royals.

If there's a single thing that I dislike about the Sporting Kansas City fanbase -- and a thing that is going to turn potential new fans in KC away from the team -- it is the fanbase's propensity for talking shit on the Royals.

Ultra Peanut 04-22-2012 11:56 AM

Aw. :(

Titty Meat 04-22-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8558593)
If there's a single thing that I dislike about the Sporting Kansas City fanbase -- and a thing that is going to turn potential new fans in KC away from the team -- it is the fanbase's propensity for talking shit on the Royals.

Are you kidding me? I now like SKC because they talk shit on the Royals. The Royals are a joke everyone knows this except for a handful of posters on this board. SKC drawing bigger crowds than the Royals is a reflection of this.

memyselfI 04-22-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8558593)

One of my favorite quotes of all time is 'the opposite of love is not hate but indifference.' The fact that fans (any fans) passionately diss on the Royals show they still care. The Royals give fans AND haters plenty to diss on. Seriously, it's when people stop talking about them, you don't see their stickers, flags, or tshirts. Or when the laughing stops THEN you have a problem. Right now, people are still engaged though not in a positive manner but they still give a sh*t. Another few games, weeks, years and that may not be the case.

Lastly, the SKC fans might have gotten a bit cocky with the team's recent success. I think last night was a big wake up call. However, in this city of settling, mediocrity, and celebrating the status quo who could blame them for flaunting their good fortune? I think their message is not 'look at SKC, we are so great' but rather 'look what happens when you are set free...free from old school owners and embrace change.'

Reaper16 04-22-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8559170)
I think their message is not 'look at SKC, we are so great' but rather 'look what happens when you are set free...from the old school owners and embrace change.'

That SHOULD be the message, but that's now how it comes across on Twitter.

Demonpenz 04-22-2012 04:30 PM

I get pissed the whole Royals experience is about as shitty as possible. The stadium and food is ok, but the location, safety, atmosphere, entertainment before and after the game is so crappy.

|Zach| 04-22-2012 07:31 PM

Looonng Saturday and Sunday but hey, you can't win them all.

Feel bad for Chance though. I don't really have any worries about regrouping and doing our thing after a little break.

|Zach| 04-22-2012 07:36 PM

As far as the Royals thing you see it with the Chiefs as well. Even though there is a ton of our fanbase that are Chiefs and or Royals fans there is a really really vocal minority that are SKC fans in spite of other teams...even college teams.

They simply don't give a shit about the Royals or the Chiefs and resent the media coverage they get when they are so shitty over a more successful side they follow.

I am not one of those people...I know how sports media works and I am not a fan of playing the soccer victim card but it is what it is...a lot of these folks are pretty young.

As someone who is active in the Cauldron and does most of its tweeting I really try and steer clear of the the anti other teams stuff. I mean...I love the city and dont think that the success of other teams would be to the detriment of Sporting.