ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7639969)
Yeah, it's silly, but for $10 I had to have it. Zombie Killer ejection door. :D

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...ing-p-432.html

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...Killer_LRG.jpg

LMAO Great find. I think I am going to get one for myself and a couple others for friends. Just imagine the fear something like that will give the zombies!

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640319)
LMAO Great find. I think I am going to get one for myself and a couple others for friends. Just imagine the fear something like that will give the zombies!

This is the matching lower - I just found a picture and I'm not getting a lower just for this, but it thought it was pretty funny. :D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...Picture092.jpg

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 06:35 PM

Too funny! You know the shit is real when you have to select "undead" mode!

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:37 PM

BTW, I fell in love all over again today. Went pistol shooting, and one of my friends rented a Springfield Arms XD 9mm from the range. Holy shit, that is one sweet shooter. Because it's double action only I never even considered getting one, but the trigger pull is surprisingly easy, it's accurate and a blast to shoot, plus has a 19 round magazine.

If I hadn't just got a $600 ass-raping from the dentist earlier in the week for my new crown, and also if I hadn't just picked up a Magpul angled grip and Gunfighter charging handle for the AR, I probably would have bought one today. I liked it that much.

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640557)
Too funny! You know the shit is real when you have to select "undead" mode!

Unfortunately, I don't have an "undead" mode. :sulk:

:D

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 06:43 PM

My buddy has a SA XD 45 and yes it is one sweet piece. I actually have been considering getting one myself for awhile now. It's all in the timing for me at this point in getting a new firearm since the wife thinks I have too many already. I've been working on her though trying to explain that I need something light for a CCW.

CrazyPhuD 05-14-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7640558)
BTW, I fell in love all over again today. Went pistol shooting, and one of my friends rented a Springfield Arms XD 9mm from the range. Holy shit, that is one sweet shooter. Because it's double action only I never even considered getting one, but the trigger pull is surprisingly easy, it's accurate and a blast to shoot, plus has a 19 round magazine.

If I hadn't just got a $600 ass-raping from the dentist earlier in the week for my new crown, and also if I hadn't just picked up a Magpul angled grip and Gunfighter charging handle for the AR, I probably would have bought one today. I liked it that much.

Interesting....I've generally never been a fan of DA because I just love the crisp pull of the SA. Probably why I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one.

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 7640565)
Interesting....I've generally never been a fan of DA because I just love the crisp pull of the SA. Probably why I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one.

I feel exactly the same way (primarily because of the Glock I used to have), and I LOVED THIS PISTOL. LOVED IT. The range guy actually had to come over and tell me to slow down my fire rate I was having such a blast shooting it.

SAUTO 05-14-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

The wife wants this gun. Probably gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunit35 05-15-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7640148)
Still available? If so, I will take it.

How can you ship to WI?

Thanks

Crazycoffey has first dibs on it. It's his for the taking.
If he changes his mind, I'll let you know.

Frazod 05-15-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640563)
My buddy has a SA XD 45 and yes it is one sweet piece. I actually have been considering getting one myself for awhile now. It's all in the timing for me at this point in getting a new firearm since the wife thinks I have too many already. I've been working on her though trying to explain that I need something light for a CCW.

Bud's has both of these for $465 (I guess the avatar's appropriate, eh?). I have little doubt that one of them will be coming to a gun drawer near me shortly.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...9801HCSP06.jpg

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...9101HCSPO6.jpg
BTW, that e-mail never went through. I guess the attachment was too big.

TrebMaxx 05-15-2011 09:05 PM

Sweet looking SA XD's! I like the longer rail on the bottom picture. And yes, I followed the email and received a 554 message back that it was too large. I will burn it on CD and send it to you.

Frazod 05-15-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7641945)
Sweet looking SA XD's! I like the longer rail on the bottom picture. And yes, I followed the email and received a 554 message back that it was too large. I will burn it on CD and send it to you.

It's a difference between a 3" and 4" barrel. The extended mag for the subcompact will nullify the short grip, so that's not an issue. I really want the larger one, but as I already have a full sized pistol in the H&K and a mid-sized one in the Ruger, it probably makes more sense to get the smaller one.

I'll at least have to wait a month or two before I can justify picking this up in my mind.

Probably. :banghead:

As for the e-mail, I figured that was the problem. I appreciate your sending the CD. :thumb:

Dunit35 05-16-2011 01:48 PM

Put my 1st 20 rounds through the mosin nagant. That gun is awesome, loud, kicks fairly hard. My wife shot it (she spent the weekend shooting full auto M4 and M249) and bout shit herself when she pulled the trigger. I'm just glad I told her to hold the gun tight against her shoulder.

And I still can't aim for anything. It's driving me nuts. Breath out as I shoot, tip of the finger on the trigger, sites aimed top of the front site in line with the top of the rear site.

WV 05-16-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

I still can't get used to the feel of those two piece triggers. It's the same reason I didn't care for the S&W M&P 9mm. I know it's nit picky, but I just don't care for the feel.