ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Kclee 03-02-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseykid
Hey, was tonights a repeat?? My TIVO didn't record and I'm stressing. Thanks, Jen

Nope, and it was a good one.

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:39 PM

Could someone please give me a brief summary of tonight's episode?

Due to a last minute strike by Burlington Northern railroad workers, my train line SHUT DOWN at rush hour. I didn't get home until after 8:00, and missed the entire episode.

:cuss:

Deberg_1990 03-02-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod

Due to a last minute strike by Burlington Northern railroad workers, my train line SHUT DOWN at rush hour. I didn't get home until after 8:00, and missed the entire episode.

You need a TIVO something serious Frazod.

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
You need a TIVO something serious Frazod.

I have TiVo. But since I'm always home by 7:00, and didn't anticipate a last minute railroad strike, I didn't set it to record in advance. :banghead:

keg in kc 03-02-2005 09:44 PM

Short version: we found out hurley won the lottery, but was cursed afterwards. He got the numbers from a person he was in the psycho ward with, the guy heard the numbers in a transmission when he was in the navy. Some of the papers the arab dude got from the french woman had the numbers on them, hurley freaked out and went to find her. He found her, eventually, she told him she heard the numbers in a transmission also, that they investigated it, their ship crashed and everyone but her died. She agreed that the numbers were cursed, Hurley was overjoyed that someone finally agreed. The episode ended with a shot of the mysterious door that Locke hasn't been able to open. On the door was...the numbers.

Kclee 03-02-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Hurly won the lotto. He used numbers that a crazy guy kept mumbling over and over. He then had a series of bad luck type things happen to him and figured out that the numbers were cursed. He then finds out that crazy guy and his friend were in the navy and heard a distress call out in the middle of the pacific repeating those numbers. Crazy guys friend had killed himself because of the curse that happened to him when he came upon money using those numbers. Crazy French lady and her team also heard the distress call of those numbers and came to the island. That's when she was cursed(didn't get any money though) She then switched the numbers with her own distress call that you know about. Those numbers are also on the hatch that Locke and Boone found. I'll stop for now, but will fill in better with any questions you may have.

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
Short version: we found out hurley won the lottery, but was cursed afterwards. He got the numbers from a person he was in the psycho ward with, the guy heard the numbers in a transmission when he was in the navy. Some of the papers the arab dude got from the french woman had the numbers on them, hurley freaked out and went to find her. He found her, eventually, she told him she heard the numbers in a transmission also, that they investigated it, their ship crashed and everyone but her died. She agreed that the numbers were cursed, Hurley was overjoyed that someone finally agreed. The episode ended with a shot of the mysterious door that Locke hasn't been able to open. On the door was...the numbers.

Damn, that sounds really cool.

fuck! :cuss:

So did the French woman go back with the survivors, or return to her hiding place?

keg in kc 03-02-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Damn, that sounds really cool.

fuck! :cuss:

So did the French woman go back with the survivors, or return to her hiding place?

Back to her (new) hiding place. She'd cleared out of the old rathole already. She did give them a battery, however. Hurley hook up.

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Back to her (new) hiding place. She'd cleared out of the old rathole already. She did give them a battery, however. Hurley hook up.

Did she make contact with anyone other than Hurley?

keg in kc 03-02-2005 09:51 PM

No. Unless you count shooting at Charlie as well as Hurley as "contact".

Hugo did tell Sayid she said "hi", though. ROFL

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

No. Unless you count shooting at Charlie as well as Hurley as "contact".

Hugo did tell Sayid she said "hi", though. ROFL

Thanks. Well, I guess I'll have something to look forward to when the reruns hit.

keg in kc 03-02-2005 09:53 PM

Another funny moment was when Charlie told Hurley his biggest secret about how he was snorting heroin in the bathroom when the plane crashed. He asked Hurley to reciprocate and tell him a secret and Hurley said he was worth 156 million dollars. Charlie got up all pissed off, yelling about "well, if you're not even gonna be serious". ROFL

Hurley also tried to tell him about the curse, but he wouldn't listen.

Frazod 03-02-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Another funny moment was when Charlie told Hurley his biggest secret about how he was snorting heroin in the bathroom when the plane crashed. He asked Hurley to reciprocate and tell him a secret and Hurley said he was worth 156 million dollars. Charlie got up all pissed off, yelling about "well, if you're not even gonna be serious". ROFL

Hurley also tried to tell him about the curse, but he wouldn't listen.

ROFL That's funny.

Chiefnj 03-02-2005 09:59 PM

The french woman confirmed that there is a transmission tower on the island. It was playing the series of numbers that Hurley played in the lottery. She changed the transmission to her SOS message.

Baby Lee 03-03-2005 07:24 AM

Safe to assume that the box company Hurley owns is the one where Locke works?