ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV -- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302715)

InChiefsHeaven 01-18-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12694097)
I watched this the other night, it started out really good. Then it fizzled out, and just turned into a major disappointment. Would not recommend.

This is true. Horrible production quality, and actually yet another reboot. This film has been done many times in the past. It's weird that they keep making it, hoping it'll finally turn in to something good.

frankotank 01-18-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12684112)

mostly....

frankotank 01-18-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12675835)
Oh man....this post may be better reserved for the paranormal thread, but about a year or so ago I somehow came across some random blog that i haven't been able to find since.....

Have you ever seen mysterious shadows? That feeling like someone just walked by you but no one was there? Shadowy figures out of the corner of your eye?

I came across a blog made by some meth head and it was the freakiest shit i've ever seen. He believed that those shadows we see are real, and they're demons. The entire blog is a complete mind **** about demons lurking in the shadows and following him around. It was formatted like a diary and recorded this guy's daily encounters with what he thought were demons that were oppressing him. Going through this blog gave me legit chills....as an adult. I had to shut the thing off....it felt...evil.

His reasoning and his photographs were incredibly compelling. I've tried finding the blog since then and have had no luck. IIRC, i came across it while researching night terrors.

Dude....I watched a movie called Shadow People...pretty much about this very thing...and...it really got to me. I found it quite disconcerting. On the one hand I'm not sure I'd say it was a great movie...but not bad...on the other hand...like I said...it bothered me. for days I was being MUCH too observant during my 3am trips to the bathroom!! ROFL
lots of info out there about shadow people....me no likee...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_People_(film)

SAGA45 01-21-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 12684163)
I Saw The Devil was pretty creepy. Korean film about revenge. Thought provoking and very dark.

Watched this last night on your recommendation...loved it. Very dark...gory and disturbing but well shot and well scored. How far will you go for revenge before you become the person/thing that you seek vengeance against? Outstanding film

Rasputin 01-25-2017 12:32 PM

<iframe width="818" height="460" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ggWS4tTzs60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Classic Steven King

ToxSocks 01-25-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12708354)
<iframe width="818" height="460" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ggWS4tTzs60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Classic Steven King

On of my favorites as a kid. AC/DC did the soundtrack. That's ****ing winning right there.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-25-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12694097)
I watched this the other night, it started out really good. Then it fizzled out, and just turned into a major disappointment. Would not recommend.

Well, the main actor sucks and brings down the rest of the cast.

SAGA45 01-29-2017 03:38 PM

Prince of Darkness (1987)

One of Carpenter's best. Stars Donald Pleasance along with a few from the cast of Big Trouble in Little China.

Rasputin 01-29-2017 03:45 PM

<iframe width="871" height="490" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AJ45o5nBbA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Wes Craven

No more Mr. Nice Guy

I loved this one too and great soundtrack

Coochie liquor 01-29-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 12716118)
Prince of Darkness (1987)

One of Carpenter's best. Stars Donald Pleasance along with a few from the cast of Big Trouble in Little China.

Is that the one with Alice Cooper?

DJJasonp 01-29-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12716501)

yep.

Great, underrated little horror flick.

Shocker was fun, but the special effects do NOT hold up! :)

Rasputin 01-30-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12716585)
yep.

Great, underrated little horror flick.

Shocker was fun, but the special effects do NOT hold up! :)

I agree. I kept thinking maybe I will get skurred but the special effects were funny. I think of it as a cult classic horror though.

but gotta love this Alice Coopers No More Mr. Nice Guy

<iframe width="871" height="490" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/niWymA5E5y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megadeth cover
<iframe width="871" height="490" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IuzsCb0FvXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAGA45 01-30-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12716501)

Yeah....the lead homeless guy.

Pepe Silvia 02-03-2017 10:24 PM

Just watched this the other night it was on cable. Pretty good but extremely gory. If you can't handle the gore avoid this film.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QHvnWuQQidg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 02-14-2017 08:50 AM

<iframe width="871" height="490" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aJ5M11m9vI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perfect for Valentines

Christine was so seductive

KCUnited 02-14-2017 10:22 AM

I thought Holidays was enjoyable. It's a series of short films, similar to The Twilight Zone or something. They all involve the holidays. Some were kind of dumb, but if you like a little comedy with your horror, it was a pretty fun watch.

Pepe Silvia 02-14-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12740355)
<iframe width="871" height="490" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aJ5M11m9vI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perfect for Valentines

Christine was so seductive

Do you think people would look at you crazy if you kept defending your car as if it were a woman?

lcarus 02-15-2017 05:26 PM

I used to love Ghoulies as a kid. Just something about that green ghoulie popping out of the toilet on the box art that grabbed me back then. Looking back, they're all frickin abysmal. Except Ghoulies 2. That one holds up as a decent 80s horror flick.

Ghoulies Go To College is embarrassingly bad, but Ghoulies IV is a whole new level of SHIT

Why Not? 02-19-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12708736)
On of my favorites as a kid. AC/DC did the soundtrack. That's ****ing winning right there.

Totally this

Swanman 02-22-2017 01:48 PM

I found this old gem on Shudder recently, from the same company that blessed us with Toxic Avenger:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUdBFrjP7LY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 02-22-2017 01:53 PM

Troma produced some awesome late 80s B movies....

Pepe Silvia 02-22-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12752478)
I found this old gem on Shudder recently, from the same company that blessed us with Toxic Avenger:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rUdBFrjP7LY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw that on Rhonda Sheers USA "Up All Night" years ago.

frankotank 02-22-2017 05:33 PM

came across this today...

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/l...o-see-20141029

pretty interesting. started watching trailers and once I hit Excision I was like...oh yeah...I'm on it. will watch soon Excision soon.

I've seen some of these...but most I've never heard of....I'll bet some are good

frankotank 02-23-2017 09:25 AM

OK...I watched Excision (2012). there's also a short film from 2008 which is the same story...just shorter.

while I can certainly see some people not liking this thing....I did. It made me laugh right out loud several times....very witty. it also grossed me out extremely in some parts. I say it's worth a watch. some interesting people are in it....Marlee Matlin, Traci Lords, Malcolm McDowell...stars AnnaLynne McCord who is made to look like total SHIT in this movie....she's actually hot as hell.

Coochie liquor 02-27-2017 07:15 PM

Watched "Don't Knock Twice" last night. I really liked it. Gives you a feeling of dread throughout most of the movie. Pretty good story, and acting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dCimEns0MMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frankotank 03-06-2017 06:14 PM

I may get some crap for this...but to each his own right....
I watched Krampus the other night. I was surfing and it had just started. I really didn't expect to sit and watch it all....I figured it'd really suck.

but....I liked it. I mean...I've seen MUUUUCH worse. hahaha

was a little surprised at the cast. some very familiar faces!

InChiefsHeaven 03-07-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12771120)
I watched Krampus the other night. I was surfing and it had just started. I really didn't expect to sit and watch it all....I figured it'd really suck.

Absolutely loved Krampus. Felt like something out of the 80's but in a good way. Highly recommend, it's a fun watch.

Coochie liquor 03-08-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed, loved this one also.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-08-2017 10:54 PM

High Tension. Decent slasher till the ending.

ToxSocks 03-09-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Krampus was a lot of fun. I fully expected this movie to suck, but i found myself surprisingly entertained.

ToxSocks 03-09-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12759883)
Watched "Don't Knock Twice" last night. I really liked it. Gives you a feeling of dread throughout most of the movie. Pretty good story, and acting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dCimEns0MMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonna have to check this one out.

ThaVirus 03-09-2017 01:15 PM

I watched a movie called Ouija the other day and just picked up another called Ouija: Something Or Other (they run a Ouija scam with a little girl and apparently things get out of hand) to watch tonight.

My question is: who the hell actually ****s with Ouija boards and shit like that? Anyone here?

frankotank 03-13-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12776059)
My question is: who the hell actually ****s with Ouija boards and shit like that? Anyone here?

first last and only time I ever messed with one I was in 6th grade. spent the night at a friends and he busted one out. I had no knowledge of this thing....first time I'd ever seen one. I was skeptical to the extreme. kept telling him "you're moving it". kept making him barely touch it and shit. the second I thought it moved for reals...I was outta that room! ROFL had his door been closed there woulda been a Frank the Tank shaped hole in that bitch 'cause this kid was OUTTEE!

in hindsight I seriously doubt it moved on it's own...but that was my perception at that moment... anyways was telling my mom about it the next day and she told me never ever mess with that...it's an invitation....etc. she called my friends mom too and that lady didn't know what it was either. they'd bought it not really knowing the deal. so they got rid of it.

I say better safe than sorry man. I wouldn't have one in my house. you know.....Justin Case. :D

InChiefsHeaven 03-14-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12781320)
first last and only time I ever messed with one I was in 6th grade. spent the night at a friends and he busted one out. I had no knowledge of this thing....first time I'd ever seen one. I was skeptical to the extreme. kept telling him "you're moving it". kept making him barely touch it and shit. the second I thought it moved for reals...I was outta that room! ROFL had his door been closed there woulda been a Frank the Tank shaped hole in that bitch 'cause this kid was OUTTEE!

in hindsight I seriously doubt it moved on it's own...but that was my perception at that moment... anyways was telling my mom about it the next day and she told me never ever mess with that...it's an invitation....etc. she called my friends mom too and that lady didn't know what it was either. they'd bought it not really knowing the deal. so they got rid of it.

I say better safe than sorry man. I wouldn't have one in my house. you know.....Justin Case. :D

Yeah I was like 8 or 9. It was a friggin' Parker Brothers "game" of all things. Same thing for me, it moved, everyone swore it wasn't them, my mom later told me to stay the hell away from that.

I would not have one in my house, and I warned my kids against them long ago.

frankotank 03-14-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12782191)
Yeah I was like 8 or 9. It was a friggin' Parker Brothers "game" of all things. Same thing for me, it moved, everyone swore it wasn't them, my mom later told me to stay the hell away from that.

I would not have one in my house, and I warned my kids against them long ago.

Seinfeld rep! :D

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...Ttx3uygwQdoJW3

Simply Red 03-09-2018 04:21 PM

any other off the radar 'ers?

Simply Red 03-10-2018 09:19 PM

We Need To Talk About Kevin.

AssEaterChief 03-10-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13460495)
We Need To Talk About Kevin.

comment section

"This movie is a great argument for abortion."

ROFL

Simply Red 03-10-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 13460497)
comment section

"This movie is a great argument for abortion."

ROFL

lol

Simply Red 03-10-2018 11:48 PM

that was super ****ed up.

Simply Red 03-19-2018 08:42 AM

Apartment 212 was fun.

SAGA45 03-20-2018 11:58 AM

"I am a Hero" and "Train to Busan"....the redefining of zombie flicks.

Pepe Silvia 03-20-2018 07:53 PM

I saw "Would You Rather" again. Even though its a horror Jeffrey Combs turns it into a dark comedy for me.

Simply Red 03-20-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13480722)
I saw "Would You Rather" again. Even though its a horror Jeffrey Combs turns it into a dark comedy for me.

I will watch - I've bookmarked it - looks hilarious, actually.

Simply Red 03-28-2018 07:50 PM

Tilt isn't horrible.

sedated 04-02-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 13479728)
"I am a Hero" and "Train to Busan"....the redefining of zombie flicks.

I thought "Train to Busan" was too much like "World War Z"

listopencil 04-02-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12675835)
Oh man....this post may be better reserved for the paranormal thread, but about a year or so ago I somehow came across some random blog that i haven't been able to find since.....

Have you ever seen mysterious shadows? That feeling like someone just walked by you but no one was there? Shadowy figures out of the corner of your eye?

I came across a blog made by some meth head and it was the freakiest shit i've ever seen. He believed that those shadows we see are real, and they're demons. The entire blog is a complete mind **** about demons lurking in the shadows and following him around. It was formatted like a diary and recorded this guy's daily encounters with what he thought were demons that were oppressing him. Going through this blog gave me legit chills....as an adult. I had to shut the thing off....it felt...evil.

His reasoning and his photographs were incredibly compelling. I've tried finding the blog since then and have had no luck. IIRC, i came across it while researching night terrors.

Huh. I knew a guy in the NAVY that got way too into meth. At one point he told me and another guy that he had found a supplier near San Diego and that he wanted us to mule the stuff onto the ship for a cut of the money. He kept trying to sell us on the plan over the course of about a week. As the week went by he became more and more unstable. The last conversation I had with him revolved around the blurred imagery that he was perceiving in his peripheral vision. He had become convinced that the NAVY had developed cloaking technology "like the Romulans" and that they were using mini-satellites to spy on him in order to catch him. He told me that it had been "at least a week" since he had slept. I continually refused his drug mule offer and tried to get him to stop doing meth at least long enough to get some sleep and rest. He ended up having a psychotic breakdown and was sent to a military hospital. But, hey, you never know. Maybe he was onto something.

Simply Red 04-05-2018 08:11 PM

Super Dark Times. came out last year.

Currently watching The Hitcher from the eighties.

Pepe Silvia 04-05-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13505022)
Super Dark Times. came out last year.

Currently watching The Hitcher from the eighties.

Rutger Hauer was a scary guy.

Simply Red 04-06-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13505084)
Rutger Hauer was a scary guy.

yes

Bowser 04-06-2018 06:03 PM

This looks like it has potential -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jvng3piq-pU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sedated 04-07-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 13480722)

Watching that as a comedy is the only option IMHO. Its laughably cheesy.

Deberg_1990 04-07-2018 03:24 PM

A Quiet Place looks like the breakout sleeper of the spring

aturnis 04-08-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13507237)

Intrigued me as well, if only for the "The Last of Us" charm to it's premise.

Rasputin 04-10-2018 04:11 AM

Watching Bill Moseley in The Inflicted

BigRichard 04-10-2018 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13507237)

The wife and I saw it this last weekend. While it is good I think it has a lot of story holes but I guess you suspend disbelief for a little while.

Simply Red 04-12-2018 10:05 AM

I need a movie to watch tonight - one that's not known but good - Mystery/Thriller or horror - ...Anyone?

Easy 6 04-12-2018 06:53 PM

Based on multiple posts here, and my own memory of the trailers... gonna rent The Witch for sunday night after TWD

It looks and sounds like thoughtful horror rooted in some kind of reality, not just some BS thats chasing around/being 'unlocked'/haunting a bunch of high school kids

BWillie 04-12-2018 07:51 PM

Worst horror films that come to mind? ALL OF THEM

Simply Red 04-12-2018 08:05 PM

watching The Unborn from 2009 - not a good year for Horror - but this one was a hidden gem (apparently) - I'll report back.

Simply Red 04-12-2018 08:14 PM

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane is supposedly good too.

Simply Red 04-16-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13514509)
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane is supposedly good too.

that was pretty decent - def a good rainy day film. You all should check it out one day.

Simply Red 04-26-2018 10:02 PM

it's midnight here and thundering - I am working from home tomorrow - so **** it - i'm going to watch Truth or Dare.

Baby Lee 04-27-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13514359)
Based on multiple posts here, and my own memory of the trailers... gonna rent The Witch for sunday night after TWD

It looks and sounds like thoughtful horror rooted in some kind of reality, not just some BS thats chasing around/being 'unlocked'/haunting a bunch of high school kids

It's not so much a jump scare slasher type of film. It's more of an immersion into an environment where dread is plausible and inexorable. Or, IOW, pretty close to what you said.

Simply Red 04-27-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13534166)
It's not so much a jump scare slasher type of film. It's more of an immersion into an environment where dread is plausible and inexorable. Or, IOW, pretty close to what you said.

It was good. One of my favorites still is The Others w/ Kidman.

Simply Red 04-29-2018 02:55 AM

more of a thriller, but if you have the means - try to see "Berlin Syndrome" - there's a few subtitleless dialogues in the middle, but nothing to the point that it interferes with your comprehension of the flick.

Very solid movie.

Coochie liquor 04-29-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13534015)
it's midnight here and thundering - I am working from home tomorrow - so **** it - i'm going to watch Truth or Dare.

So... how was it? Looks like one I would like.

Simply Red 04-29-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13539011)
So... how was it? Looks like one I would like.

Happy Death Day calibre - good though for what it is - Those smiles make it funny - when they're having a Truth or Dare attack. ROFL

Simply Red 04-29-2018 06:51 PM

Star Time

I'm watching this - I highly recommend you do too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uFwisD3OGEw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 04-30-2018 10:00 AM

DEAD SNOW

A blitzkrieg of bloodshed Nazi Zombie Carnage

English subtitles

Coochie liquor 04-30-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13539191)
Happy Death Day calibre - good though for what it is - Those smiles make it funny - when they're having a Truth or Dare attack. ROFL

I liked HDD, gonna give this a watch soon! The premise looks good!

Rasputin 04-30-2018 10:52 PM

PONTYPOOL

Rasputin 05-01-2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13541147)
PONTYPOOL

Wow

Rasputin 05-01-2018 01:16 AM

Up next in my four disk iFC Films collection - I Sell The Dead.

Damn so far these have been pretty good & better than I expected not know what to expect except of course zombies and bloody death but they are thrilling events.

Rasputin 05-01-2018 01:32 AM

Ha I thought I recognized him Hellboy Ron Perlman is in I Sell The Dead. ****ing Awesomeness.

Rasputin 05-01-2018 04:02 AM

DOGHOUSE

Swanman 05-01-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13539831)
DEAD SNOW

A blitzkrieg of bloodshed Nazi Zombie Carnage

English subtitles

The sequel goes more the comedy route but it's still worth a watch.

Simply Red 05-01-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13540635)
I liked HDD, gonna give this a watch soon! The premise looks good!

well just don't expect a blockbuster - FWIW though - the normal horror atmosphere is in it. It's a good time killer. hahaha

Fish 05-02-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13541147)
PONTYPOOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13541184)
Wow

LMAO.

Rasputin 05-02-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13541206)
DOGHOUSE

Horribly funny.