ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Can Alex Smith be "Fixed"? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290006)

ThaVirus 01-19-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 11279571)
deeper throws were available? I guess I missed Dwayne Bowe running by those corners

So did Alex.

splatbass 01-19-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11276806)
Those are "winning seasons"?

Welp, okay then.

Yes, winning more games than you lose is the definition of "winning season". When people say winning season that is what they are talking about.

smith11 01-19-2015 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11279575)
So did Alex.

cant miss what isn't there

ThaVirus 01-19-2015 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 11279630)
cant miss what isn't there

Hmm. So you're one of the "our receivers are never open" guys, eh?

Discuss Thrower 01-19-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11279635)
Hmm. So you're one of the "our receivers are never open" guys, eh?

I really should have collated all of Sorter's All-22 breakdowns of last year's games.. Might be the only way to vanquish these idiots.

splatbass 01-19-2015 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11279642)
I really should have collated all of Sorter's All-22 breakdowns of last year's games.. Might be the only way to vanquish these idiots.

I have seen many on here show pictures of receivers "wide open" , but they don't notice that by the time the receiver is open Alex Smith is under pressure. I'd like to see how many "wide open" receivers he missed that were wide open at a time he could have made a throw. Some of you aren't willing to give him that much.

BigCatDaddy 01-19-2015 07:29 AM

Well Im glad to finally get a better idea of what Alexs nut lickers are looking for. No defender within 10 yards of a WR and Alex as he throws. Of course if he still misses Im sure we will hear shit about progressions and play design :facepalm: Possibly a strained vag effecting his play as well.

Aspengc8 01-19-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11279645)
I have seen many on here show pictures of receivers "wide open" , but they don't notice that by the time the receiver is open Alex Smith is under pressure. I'd like to see how many "wide open" receivers he missed that were wide open at a time he could have made a throw. Some of you aren't willing to give him that much.

Almost all of that A22 film posted had guys open deeper at the time of his 'checkdown', which means he could of thrown it.

BigCatDaddy 01-19-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 11279698)
Almost all of that A22 film posted had guys open deeper at the time of his 'checkdown', which means he could of thrown it.

These guys dont care. They have Alexs dick so far up their asses its coming out their mouth.

ThaVirus 01-19-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Cognitive dissonance. They'll see what they want to see and nothing else..

Meanwhile we'll be competitive but keep losing meaningful games. Hey, this is fun! Anything beats 2-14, right!?!

Discuss Thrower 01-19-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11279875)

Meanwhile we'll be competitive but keep losing meaningful games. Hey, this is fun! Anything beats 2-14, right!?!

"Stay close to .500% and sneak into the playoffs; anything can happen! Just look at the Royals!!"

bevischief 01-19-2015 12:15 PM

Snip, snip...

Chiefnj2 01-19-2015 01:38 PM

Alex Smith is fixed. Harbaugh fixed him. This is as good as gets. Short passes, don't make mistakes, he will keep the team competitive as long as the D is playing lights out.

Bowser 01-19-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11276125)
Nice pocket, open receiver down field. Uh oh. Time to get those happy feet!

Jesus, that's laughable.

And what the hell are the Broncos doing there? They have three guys to the right covering.....absolutely nothing.

Titty Meat 01-19-2015 02:48 PM

No he's never been good throwing the deep ball or making particular throws. They can mask some of that though with a better o-line and YAC wr's.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-19-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11279875)

Well shit man, didn't splatbass explain to you that going above 500 and not even getting to the play offs is a "winning season"???

HERE'S TO MORE WINNING SEASONS, THE CHIEFS WAY!

Worst franchise in the history of mid west sports, hands down.

splatbass 01-19-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11280814)
Well shit man, didn't splatbass explain to you that going above 500 and not even getting to the play offs is a "winning season"???

HERE'S TO MORE WINNING SEASONS, THE CHIEFS WAY!

Worst franchise in the history of mid west sports, hands down.

You think you are a football fan, yet you don't know what people mean when they say "winning season"?

Winning season = over .500

Losing season = .500 or below

These are the actual definitions, I didn't make them up. If you don't know this you are an idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-19-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11280865)
You think you are a football fan, yet you don't know what people mean when they say "winning season"?

Winning season = over .500

Losing season = .500 or below

These are the actual definitions, I didn't make them up. If you don't know this you are an idiot.

Well shit, this league is just FULL OF WINNERS!

Easy 6 01-19-2015 06:50 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jSHDIeb46TM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TripleThreat 01-19-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Link? I want to watch

smith11 01-20-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

well I guess you are right, and when the chiefs cut ways with bowe avery hemingway jenkins and hammond other teams will rush to sign them because they are so good at getting open...all these nfl pundits saying the chiefs need to strengthen the receiver position this offseason are idiots too, they just don't see what you and your fellow football savants see

and geez the oline was so good, dorsey should at least get one 1st round pick for mcglynn 2 for ryan harris

RealSNR 01-20-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 11281608)
well I guess you are right, and when the chiefs cut ways with bowe avery hemingway jenkins and hammond other teams will rush to sign them because they are so good at getting open...all these nfl pundits saying the chiefs need to strengthen the receiver position this offseason are idiots too, they just don't see what you and your fellow football savants see

and geez the oline was so good, dorsey should at least get one 1st round pick for mcglynn 2 for ryan harris

The point is up here.

Your head is down here.

BigCatDaddy 01-20-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11281647)
The point is up here.

Your head is down here.

I dont think that is where his head is.

Reerun_KC 01-20-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11281651)
I dont think that is where his head is.

After reading this thread. Most have their head firmly up Reid's fat ass.

So many coaching **** ups in these all 22 videos.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-20-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11281662)
After reading this thread. Most have their head firmly up Reid's fat ass.

So many coaching **** ups in these all 22 videos.

Even if Reid were to magically become Belicheck, it would change nothing regarding the suck that is Alex.

Suck gonna' suck.

Reerun_KC 01-20-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11281668)
Even if Reid were to magically become Belicheck, it would change nothing regarding the suck that is Alex.

Suck gonna' suck.

AND the fact that Reid refuses to improve Smith or make changing to the horizontal sideline to sideline passing game tells me all I need to know about Marty 2.0

splatbass 01-20-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11281679)
AND the fact that Reid refuses to improve Smith or make changing to the horizontal sideline to sideline passing game tells me all I need to know about Marty 2.0

Actually Andy Reid changed from his normal offense to the horizontal passing due to lack of talent. I'm sure he would rather not do that, but you do what you have to do based on the talent you have. It is simplistic to look at it your way.

Hammock Parties 01-20-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11281970)
Actually Andy Reid changed from his normal offense to the horizontal passing due to lack of talent.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/e4s.../alexwtf.0.gif

splatbass 01-20-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11282014)

What do you think this tells us?

temper11 01-20-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11273314)
2 minute drill throwing less than 5 yard passes

You can't make this shit up

Yes... because waiting for something to develop further downfield behind a line that can't hold a block longer than 1 second would have worked well.

Fix the line. Bring in some decent WR's and then judge. If the offense doesn't improve tremendously with Smith at center then I'll concede. But until then, it's all bullshit. We went 3 huge steps backward on what was already considered to be a patchwork OL. Our shitty WR core actually got shittier when we lost Avery for most of the year... And all anyone around here can do is bitch about Smith?

Can Smith be fixed? Smith is not the problem. Fix the line. Fix the WR. if the offense still struggles, then look at the QB, not before.

Rausch 01-20-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 11282111)
Yes... because waiting for something to develop further downfield behind a line that can't hold a block longer than 1 second would have worked well.

Fix the line. Bring in some decent WR's and then judge. If the offense doesn't improve tremendously with Smith at center then I'll concede. But until then, it's all bullshit. We went 3 huge steps backward on what was already considered to be a patchwork OL. Our shitty WR core actually got shittier when we lost Avery for most of the year... And all anyone around here can do is bitch about Smith?

Can Smith be fixed? Smith is not the problem. Fix the line. Fix the WR. if the offense still struggles, then look at the QB, not before.

This...

The Franchise 01-20-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

You'll get your wish. I seriously doubt that they go into next season without improving both the offensive line and wide receiver positions. And if/when he fails.....it will be another year of wasting the talent that we have.

Direckshun 01-20-2015 01:14 PM

Honest question.

If I read this thread, will I want to stab my eyes out.

Thanks in advance.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11282132)
Honest question.

If I read this thread, will I want to stab my eyes out.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, because the usual crew of Alex Apologists are still regurgitating the same shit this board saw in 2009-2011 about how Matt Cassel just needs a better line and more weapons to be successful.

Pablo 01-20-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

His intelligence and awareness are two of his strongest attributes.

Pablo 01-20-2015 01:29 PM

I do support his neutering though. God forbid he procreates and we're drafting little Aaron Smith at 1.1 in 20 years or giving up numerous high draft picks in a trade for him in 30 years.

RunKC 01-20-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

This. I think they are setting up the team so when said rookie QB comes in, he'll have plenty of support.

The QB's this year are Marriotta and Winston and they'll be gone too 5. Nothing else is left after that.
Might as well build the OL and WR core for now and the next QB.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2015 01:41 PM

Bullshit. They're building the team for that is perpetually .500 because getting a few lucky breaks will put you in the playoffs "where anything can happen."

ThaVirus 01-20-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Exhibit A of his inability to anticipate a receiver coming open.

Hemingway was running by a guy the was flat footed. Anyone with a brain could see he'd come open any moment. But of course Alex had to wait until he was WIDE OPEN with no one within 7 yards of him to pull the trigger.

Mav 01-20-2015 02:09 PM

****, NO

Sandy Vagina 01-20-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11282128)
You'll get your wish. I seriously doubt that they go into next season without improving both the offensive line and wide receiver positions. And if/when he fails.....it will be another year of wasting the talent that we have.

Then THAT will be the time where your whining posts have merit. Until then?

You just shut your GODDAMN PIE-HOLE!!!!!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/8uez01qCAHpLi/giphy.gif

:p

Sorter 01-20-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11282144)
His intelligence and awareness are two of his strongest attributes.

http://www.gifwave.com/media/7438/ha...iana-jones.gif

RealSNR 01-20-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11282271)

We've seen this movie before.

Spoiler alert: The Chiefs give AIDS to the fan base. That's how this shit ****ing ends. That's how it always ends.

We're all saying that's how it's going to ****ing end.

You're too stupid to not see this coming.

Bowser 01-20-2015 03:56 PM

YOU MEAN ALEX WILL BE BETTER AND WE WILL HAVE AN OFFENSE IF WE JUST TAKE A LINEMAN IN THE FIRST AGAIN GREAT NEWS WELL DONE YAY

http://i.imgur.com/3wRZsun.gif

The Franchise 01-20-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11282271)

No....THAT will be the time when dipshits like yourself have no more excuses to throw out. But that's ok.....Alex will be gone and so will you.

Pablo 01-20-2015 04:14 PM

He's making that tenth year leap; like so many other young, promising QBs have done time and time again.

It's gonna be sweet guys. You're all gonna feel really, really dumb for questioning him and the franchise in general. I totally promise. It's gonna be different this time. It's all gonna be so much different.

BossChief 01-20-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11282439)
He's making that tenth year leap; like so many other young, promising QBs have done time and time again.

It's gonna be sweet guys. You're all gonna feel really, really dumb for questioning him and the franchise in general. I totally promise. It's gonna be different this time. It's all gonna be so much different.

ROFL

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2015 08:14 PM

If only lacerated organs were career ending.

Reerun_KC 01-20-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11282895)
If only lacerated organs were career ending.

Why so we can spend 2 more pics on some noodle arm dumpster fire?

Pablo 01-20-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11282902)

Yes.

There are so many retread delights to be found. Nothing more enjoyable than picking through a mountain of trash to find that treasure!

BigCatDaddy 01-20-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11282902)

As long as he doesn't come with his own personal group of ball washing fanatics I'd call it an upgrade.

Brock 01-20-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 11280376)
Alex Smith is fixed. Harbaugh fixed him. This is as good as gets. Short passes, don't make mistakes, he will keep the team competitive as long as the D is playing lights out.

/thread

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-20-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11282977)
As long as he doesn't come with his own personal group of ball washing fanatics I'd call it an upgrade.

:LOL: lmao