ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trade (Arenas) for...wait for it...a FB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272672)

Brock 05-01-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649340)
No we are not. You are overstating the value of the 5th FB on the roster. Nobody is claiming JA should have been certain of a roster spot. But, he is better than another FB and it is a stupid trade!!!!!

It was a trade of nothing for nothing. You're wigging out over that.

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9649374)
Javier Arenas was trash and this is the final proof.

Suck it!

Thank you Clay. I was waiting for you to show up and say the same thing I've been saying all day. This guy was a ****ing turd.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 03:07 PM

All your FB are belong to us

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9649402)
Thank you Clay. I was waiting for you to show up and say the same thing I've been saying all day. This guy was a ****ing turd.

the fact that you were waiting and putting credence into any position that goatboy takes says it all.

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649411)
the fact that you were waiting and putting credence into any position that goatboy takes says it all.

Thanks Laz. I've been waiting for you to show up and say what I've been disagreeing with all day. Arenas was the greatest thing to ever wear a Chiefs jersey and it makes no sense to trade his backup ass for a guy that might actually contribute to the team in some manner.

Molitoth 05-01-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimw51 (Post 9648920)
According to our experts the chiefs do nothing right

according to history, the chiefs do little right.

The Franchise 05-01-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649389)
you usually don't put your best cover corner in the slot

I guess they are already planning for Welker maybe

I think what they're saying is that they are going to move the CBs around. It's not just going to be Flowers on the left side and Robinson on the right. They're going to match up the CBs to the WRs they can actually cover.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649340)
No we are not. You are overstating the value of the 5th FB on the roster. Nobody is claiming JA should have been certain of a roster spot. But, he is better than another FB and it is a stupid trade!!!!!

He's the 2nd FB on the roster. He'll be the #2 guy this year. Chronological order is cute, but ultimately irrelevant. We traded our #4 CB and a guy that we didn't want to block a couple of developmental DBs for a backup FB.

But ultimately that's not why he's on the team, IMO. If he makes the team, it will be as a special teams player. Given that our special teams have been shit the last few years and teams like SF were winning games the last couple of years on the strength of their STs units, I have no problem with moving a guy that has no future here for a person that could provide an immediate upgrade to our STs.

Molitoth 05-01-2013 03:12 PM

for the record, I don't hate this move... Arenas was nothing special... I'm just hoping the fullback is actually being brought in for special teams and not to be... well.... ya know... ANOTHER fullback on this roster.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9649353)
anyone that watched football last year has a PERFECT idea of what to expect from Dunta in that role

Dunta was in this exact role in Atlanta with Asante and Grimes, then Grimes got hurt for the year and Dunta was elevated to #2 and got beat like a drum all year

and as the #3 in week 1. Guess who was torching him, Matt ****ing Cassel and that god awful Chiefs team last season. That's how bad he is

Yeah this is the flip side...if Dunta is gonna be the nickel, with Sean Smith starting...ouch.

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:13 PM

We did not trade our #4 corner. We traded a guy that was going to be on the streets in 4 months. Arenas was not making this roster.

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9649429)
I think what they're saying is that they are going to move the CBs around. It's not just going to be Flowers on the left side and Robinson on the right. They're going to match up the CBs to the WRs they can actually cover.

well i certain like that aspect

i hate the way Crennel let the offense dictate the matchups

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9649436)
We did not trade our #4 corner. We traded a guy that was going to be on the streets in 4 months. Arenas was not making this roster.

who is going to be our 4th cornerback?

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9649369)
You should have stopped right there, because that's at least an arguable point, even if it is jumping the gun, which is certainly something people should be able to question. The rest of your post was just one bad statement after another.

Says the guy that cheers for a team with precisely 1 NFL caliber CB on the roster.

Direckshun 05-01-2013 03:16 PM

This is pretty much bullshit. I'm going on record, calling this bullshit.

Arenas played well in the slot. He was a spot starter and a decent one at that. I really fail to understand this move.

We brought in a fullback after drafting one. That by itself is puzzling, but trading away a good spot-starting nickelback for that is assinine.

This is ****ing bullshit. This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9649420)
Arenas was the greatest thing to ever wear a Chiefs jersey

nobody is saying that

You using that just shows that your position is pretty much based on bullshit and you need to exaggerate to avoid reality.

nychief 05-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649441)

Commings? Menzie? Brown?

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649441)

Brown or Menzie. Hopefully Menzie.

Rain Man 05-01-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9649448)
This is pretty much bullshit. I'm going on record, calling this bullshit.

Arenas played well in the slot. He was a spot starter and a decent one at that. I really fail to understand this move.

We brought in a fullback after drafting one. That by itself is puzzling, but trading away a good spot-starting nickelback for that is assinine.

This is ****ing bullshit. This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

Agreed.

Mr. Arrowhead 05-01-2013 03:20 PM

Serious question, would you guys feel better if we just straight cut arenas instead of trading him for a fullback

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649449)
nobody is saying that

You using that just shows that your position is pretty much based on bullshit and you need to exaggerate to avoid reality.

Dude. Seriously. My position is based on the fact that Arenas is not any good. He might have been the second best corner that we had on the roster last year. That's like being the 2nd best cornerback on ChiefsPlanet. Again...HORRID footwork, soft on the jam and terrible instincts in both man and zone coverage.

nychief 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

All this hand wringing over Arenas is laughable.

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9649452)
Brown or Menzie. Hopefully Menzie.

sooo ... cross your fingers?

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9649459)
Serious question, would you guys feel better if we just straight cut arenas instead of trading him for a fullback

That's where the argument ends. He was going to be cut. We salvaged what we could from him.

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9649460)
Dude. Seriously. My position is based on the opinion that Arenas is not any good. He might have been the second best corner that we had on the roster last year. That's like being the 2nd best cornerback on ChiefsPlanet. Again...HORRID footwork, soft on the jam and terrible instincts in both man and zone coverage.

FYP

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9649466)
FYP

Fair enough.

Direckshun 05-01-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

If we cut him because we had five superior CBs on the roster, yes.

We do not. We have two. It remains to be seen if Dunta can make that three.

Arenas should have been on our roster, or traded for equivalent value.

He now is not, and was not.

Just Passin' By 05-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9649442)
Says the guy that cheers for a team with precisely 1 NFL caliber CB on the roster.

First, they have two, not one, and another one that can play but has been moved to safety. Second, it's been a problem for the Patriots for years, which is part of the reason I understand how important CB depth is.

patteeu 05-01-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9649448)
This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

ROFL Aqua for Arenas!

Shox 05-01-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

At the end of training camp when we knew he was not better than 4 other guys and we had 4 other guys healthy in front of him VS. this scrub FB.

Hell yes.

Mr. Arrowhead 05-01-2013 03:24 PM

You don't think him and his agent was bitching to Dorsey about aquiring 2 new CBs and im guessing he demanded to be traded or cut

Johnny Vegas 05-01-2013 03:26 PM

this place is trippin.

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:26 PM

I mean I could understand the freakout if we had just traded a guy like Allen Bailey for a backup kicker or something...but this is hilarious.

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2013 03:28 PM

Chiefs trade Arenas to Cardinals for fullback Anthony Sherman
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Cornerback Javier Arenas occupies a unique place in Chiefs history. He’s the player the Chiefs selected with the 2010 second-round NFL Draft pick they acquired from Atlanta by trading tight end Tony Gonzalez.

Wednesday’s trade that sent Arenas to the Arizona Cardinals in return for fullback Anthony Sherman guarantees the Gonzalez deal will be Arenas’ legacy.

Arenas played four seasons for the Chiefs, or not as many as Gonzalez has played for the Falcons. He was their nickel back and punt returner for much of that time, but Arenas had little impact in either area.

He became a starter along with Brandon Flowers midway through last season but was crowded out of any realistic shot at playing time in 2013 by the Chiefs’ recent free-agent signings of veteran cornerbacks Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith.

The Chiefs meanwhile now have a crowd at fullback. Patrick DiMarco, last year’s regular, returns. The Chiefs also selected Braden Wilson of Kansas State in the sixth round of the draft last week.

The 5-feet-10, 242-pound Sherman was drafted from Connecticut by the Cardinals in the fifth round in 2011. He started 11 games for Arizona in two seasons, but was mostly a blocker and special teams player. He had just one rushing attempt and caught 13 passes.

The Chiefs also announced the 13 players they signed as undrafted rookie free agents:

• QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee: Bray (6-6, 232) threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns for the Vols.

• LB Darin Drakeford, Maryland: Drakeford (6-1, 240) started only games over his career at Maryland.

• DB Otha Foster, West Alabama: Foster (6-0, 204) played two seasons in junior college before transferring

• WR Frankie Hammond Jr., Florida: Hammond (6-1, 184) caught 63 passes for the Gators.

• TE Demitrius Harris, Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Harris (6-7, 230) originally signed to play football at Arkansas State but wound up playing basketball in college.

• G A.J. Hawkins, Mississippi: Hawkins (6-1, 310) played right guard and center for the Rebels.

• OL Colin Kelly, Oregon State: Kelly (6-5, 298) started 25 games in college.

• DE Rob Lohr, Vanderbilt: Lohr (6-4, 290) had 11 sacks for the Commodores.

• DL Brad Madison, Missouri: Madison (6-4, 265) had 16 sacks for the Tigers.

• LB/DE Josh Martin, Columbia: Martin (6-3, 245) is the second Ivy League rookie for the Chiefs, joining seventh-round draft pick Mike Catapano.

• S Brad McDougald, Kansas: McDougald (6-1, 209) played on both sides of the ball for the Jayhawks.

• WR Rico Richardson, Jackson State: Richardson (6-1, 185) caught 130 passes in college.

• LB/DE Ridge Wilson, West Alabama: Wilson (6-4, 256) played in 32 games in college.

The Chiefs will have several more undrafted free-agent players participating in next weekend’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, without a contract, including former Kansas quarterback Dayne Crist.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

This deal does not really matter. JA or whoever this FB is would very likley not be on our roster. That is not the point.

I'm tired of front office doing stupid deals that make no sense.

Namor40 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

Sherman is a very good special teams player, made some big hits and big plays on special teams for Arizona last year. He's also a high quality blocker and a solid receiver out of the backfield. There's a lot of ways that they can utilize him next year.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 03:29 PM

What is funny is how hard people have flip flopped on Arenas now.

He was almost universally hated except by me and a few others and now this....

Setsuna 05-01-2013 03:31 PM

Frankie Hammond is a decent pickup. He has the talent, I just doubted the WR coaches at UF. They were horrible. Still are. He should make the team. He could certainly replace Dexter.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9649488)
Sherman is a very good special teams player, made some big hits and big plays on special teams for Arizona last year. He's also a high quality blocker and a solid receiver out of the backfield. There's a lot of ways that they can utilize him next year.

They said the same thing about Cooper 15 years ago. It made a huge difference, not. Winning organizations do not make roster spots for special teamers. They don't make trades for special teamers, they trade special teamers to other teams.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:31 PM

We all agree that SF probably has the best blueprint in the league when it comes to teambuilding right now, yes?

2 years ago they were an amazing ST unit. Last year they regressed a bit - so what did they do? They went out and spent a fair amount of money in targeting Dan Skuta as a priority FA. Why? Because they wanted to firm up their STs.

And no, they didn't trade anybody for him, but that's where people seem to be getting hung up here - I really don't think the Chiefs did either. They were going to face a roster crunch at CB. They looked at their options and decided they like Menzie and Commings over Arenas. I don't see that as being at all unreasonable. The question then becomes whether or not they would've kept a 6th CB and if that 6th CB should've been Arenas or Brown.

And you guys are really flipping out over that? Who cares? Honestly, I'd rather keep Brown. Brown has more upside from a physical standpoint and doesn't appear to have completely maxed from a technique standpoint. Moreover, Brown was a really good player on the coverage unit for us last year. Jalil Brown offers a little more upside as a prospect and definitely offers more special teams value.

So no, I can't get upset that they chose Brown over Arenas either.

They chose to make a commitment to their STs in Brown and Sherman instead of holding onto a limited CB with no remaining upside.

nychief 05-01-2013 03:32 PM

The faux indignation over this just makes this place look like a nut house. Just a bunch of people who are looking for stupid shit to bitch a out. I'm done talking about it. Can't wait to see all the Arenas jerseys at arrowhead this fall, pour one out for our fallen brother Javi...

Mr. Arrowhead 05-01-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9649478)
this place is trippin.

No joke over 2 guys traded that suck, o don't you love the off-season

Kylo Ren 05-01-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9649095)
pun intended?

Sure.

bevischief 05-01-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

this place is trippin.

Yep welcome to the off-season. Enjoy. LMAO

Strongside 05-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9649495)
The faux indignation over this just makes this place look like a nut house. Just a bunch of people who are looking for stupid shit to bitch a out. I'm done talking about it. Can't wait to see all the Arenas jerseys at arrowhead this fall, pour one out for our fallen brother Javi...

I'm sure the Cardinals are having trouble with their online store maintenance trying to keep up with all of the Arenas jersey orders too.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649492)
They said the same thing about Cooper 15 years ago. It made a huge difference, not. Winning organizations do not make roster spots for special teamers. They don't make trades for special teamers, they trade special teamers to other teams.

Well this is certainly inaccurate.

Winning organizations, especially of late, have often made moves expressly designed to tighten up their special teams units.

You're just wrong here.

saphojunkie 05-01-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649486)
This deal does not really matter. JA or whoever this FB is would very likley not be on our roster. That is not the point.

I'm tired of front office doing stupid deals that make no sense to me.

FYP

Shox 05-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9649508)
Well this is certainly inaccurate.

Winning organizations, especially of late, have often made moves expressly designed to tighten up their special teams units.

You're just wrong here.

Other than a return man, examples please.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9649509)
FYP

Or to anyone else who knows anything at all about NFL football, which leave you out.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649512)

Waiting.............

Mr. Laz 05-01-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9649489)
What is funny is how hard people have flip flopped on Arenas now.

He was almost universally hated except by me and a few others and now this....

I hated where Arenas was drafted ... still hate the pick.

Never hated the player

He's a decent nickle and a quality dime back ... a guy that is a good player to have around to cover smurfs.

This organization has been moving sideways all offseason long. Signing players similar to the one we just cut.

trade for a guy to replace the guy we just drafted

To lose a guy like Arenas is not the end of the world, it's just annoying.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649519)
Waiting.............

Still waiting........

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649512)

I just gave you one with the 49ers.

The Ravens just cut Ayandbadejo, but that was due to the cap issues they were facing. They paid him very handsomely over the last several years and he'd been an outstanding player for them through little more than STs contributions.

The Seahawks went out and snagged Farwell and he has bee instrumental in their STs units.

Seriously, champ - do your own homework as this isn't tough. The best teams in the league right now are absolutely putting significant resources towards their special teams.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Waiting.............

How about you go **** yourself instead.

I'm truly sorry I didn't get my response to your dipshit demand put up within 3 minutes after already given you a concrete example that your braindead ass ignored.

I'm not sure why I bothered, you're evidently illiterate anyway.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9649530)
I just gave you one with the 49ers.

The Ravens just cut Ayandbadejo, but that was due to the cap issues they were facing. They paid him very handsomely over the last several years and he'd been an outstanding player for them through little more than STs contributions.

The Seahawks went out and snagged Farwell and he has bee instrumental in their STs units.

Seriously, champ - do your own homework as this isn't tough. The best teams in the league right now are absolutely putting significant resources towards their special teams.

Oh so they signed FA's. Which one of them made a "TRADE"?

You do your homework champ.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:47 PM

In addition the depth of the Chiefs organization and 49er organization is night and day. The 49ers can add FA for special teams because the have depth at every position. They also have draft picks stock piled by trading their retreads to the Chiefs.

nychief 05-01-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Waiting.............

Long snappers? Steve Tasker? Bennie Thompson? For ****'s sake... This is asinine.

007 05-01-2013 03:49 PM

Not a huge arenas fan but this trade is ****ing stupid as hell.

Brock 05-01-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649529)
Still waiting........

Senn, Osgood, Skuta, Roby, Bruton, etc. These guys all got deals based on their ST play.

It doesn't matter if they traded for them or not, the Chiefs got this guy for ****ing nothing.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649533)
Oh so they signed FA's. Which one of them made a "TRADE"?

You do your homework champ.

So yes, you are completely illiterate:

Quote:

'Made moves', shit for brains.

When did I say they traded for them? When did you say 'traded for them'? You said 'make roster spots for special teamers' which is exactly what some of the best teams in the NFL have done over the last 2-5 years. The NFL very rarely sees player for player trades. Why is that your barometer for acceptable player acquisition?

Bill Belichick used a 6th rounder on Nate Ebner; a guy with no real football skills who they drafted to go play special teams. That's a move. That's the dedication of an asset expressly to satisfying a need on their special teams. And Ebner's been a great special teams player for them.

And no, Arenas wasn't going to get a better return than a 6th round pick.

But by all means, keep ignoring everything being shown to you, making demands and otherwise talking out your ass. You're really acquitting yourself nicely, here.

Hootie 05-01-2013 03:51 PM

we could trade Jake O'Connell for a conditional 7th based on whether or not he scored a TD in 2013 and the whole board would be LIVID that we would trade a guy who has been on our roster for 4 years for a pick we may or may not get!!!

ChiefsPlanet...ladies and gentleman.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649540)
In addition the depth of the Chiefs organization and 49er organization is night and day. The 49ers can add FA for special teams because the have depth at every position. They also have draft picks stock piled by trading their retreads to the Chiefs.

So in other words, you're not really asking anyone to provide you examples because you're just going to obfuscate by going back to old saws you already enjoy bitching about.

Your very thesis is simply wrong. Winning organizations do make moves expressly designed to add strength to their special teams.

And you're an idiot.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:54 PM

Impossible to make the blind see.

You believe what you want, but this is a stupid trade to make at this point in the off-season giving the Chiefs current roster. You make any ignorant comparsions, excuses, or explanations you want to justify it, but it does not change the fact.

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

ChiefaRoo 05-01-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9648855)
Peeoli, you egotistical arrogant incompetent ****ing nipple. Never head a draft for any team ever again.

He can't hear you he's too busy doing soul probing, in-depth live tv interviews with that Douche Bag Dan Patrick. Have any of you ever noticed that after a guy get fired by the Hunt family they seem to show up everywhere on tv? What up with that?

Brock 05-01-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649557)

You believe what you want, but this is a stupid trade to make at this point in the off-season giving the Chiefs current roster. You make any ignorant comparsions, excuses, or explanations you want to justify it, but it does not change the fact.

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

Tap out acknowledged.

Brock 05-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9649546)
Not a huge arenas fan but this trade is ****ing stupid as hell.

You should probably go think about it a little more.

Shox 05-01-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9649560)
Tap out acknowledged.

Not at all. Tired dealing with football challenged IQs.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649557)

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

Probably a good decision. I can't imagine that whole dipshit diatribe of yours worked out like you figured it would.

Sorry nobody else showed up to bail you out - joining a dog-pile was about the only hope you had of not being exposed as a half-wit. You managed to Cassel the **** out of it and bounce off the heap.

Shox:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...ation-Fail.gif

Hootie 05-01-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649566)

I thought you were done?

with our offseason acquisitions, Arenas was a borderline roster spot.

who gives a flying **** if we traded him before we put him on our roster bubble?

lcarus 05-01-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

this place is trippin.

Yeah I've been reading this thread and laughing out loud at some reactions. Who gives a shit, ya know? Arenas sucked.

Brock 05-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9649566)

ROFL You got your ass handed to you, I can see why you'd be tired of it.

Bootlegged 05-01-2013 04:04 PM

Pretty simple - wasn't going to make the team - get someone in exchange that will make the team.

nychief 05-01-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9649588)
Pretty simple - wasn't going to make the team - get someone in exchange that will make the team.

NO NO NO! Oh...wait....yeah.

Setsuna 05-01-2013 04:17 PM

Being a fresh Chiefs fan, I gotta say. We drafted a FB already, and they could have also signed another UDFA FB if they really wanted another one. Oh well. As far as I'm concerned, Alex Smith counteracts any and all moves we make anyway so we're back where we started at the start of the 2012 season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 04:20 PM

Reminds me of Pioli's decision to target STers in '09 and people's steadfast claims that such choices would win us a couple extra close games.

siberian khatru 05-01-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9649609)
Being a fresh Chiefs fan

Wait, wut?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 04:25 PM

I hated Arenas given where he was drafted, but JFC, the guy turned into a halfway serviceable cornerback and Dorsey traded him for a goddamned special teams blocker?

These guys are ****ing clowns.

patteeu 05-01-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9649618)
Wait, wut?

He thought it looked like fun to be a part of our winning tradition and to become a part of such a unified and pleasant fanbase.

Buehler445 05-01-2013 04:30 PM

Dorsey probably thought he was getting RICHARD Sherman.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-01-2013 04:30 PM

Arenas was a better player than Robinson last year. Where is this bullshit coming from that he wasn't going to make the team?

The Chiefs said Commings was moving to safety.

Flowers and Smith would be ahead of him, and Robinson may start out as ahead, but I bet Arenas provides more value to the team than ****a.

Projecting Pioli hate onto Arenas at this point is idiotic. Pioli is gone. **** him. Getting rid of a guy just because he was brought in by the prior regime is the exact same bullshit Pioli did.

Look at the player's performance. Arenas' suggests that he has far more value than a goddamned fullback.