ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267882)
Ive always said Charles needs more catches

our offense scheme sucked

we almost completely abandon the screen,swing pass and running back wheel routes this year

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 11:01 AM

Johnson who was a great DC before his died.

notorious 01-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267884)
now ... but before when they blitzed all the time, wasn't that a 3-4?

had that older DC that got sick or something?

I am pretty sure they have been 4-3 since Reid has been there.

They split their OLB's and DE's wider than hell, though.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267886)
He flew to ****ing Philly.

If you want to be Debbie Downer, Chiefnj is looking for somebody to hang out with.

LMAO

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:02 AM

This is alot like Jeff Fisher in STL v MIA of last offseason

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9267891)

:thumb:

thanks

ptlyon 01-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267886)
He flew to ****ing Philly.

If you want to be Debbie Downer, Chiefnj is looking for somebody to hang out with.

Great. Wonderful. Fantastic. Reid is now on his way to AZ supposedly.

So what came of this morning again?

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9267877)
Seems he's right since a lot of people bought into that shit he said the other day.

What good comes from him lying about it?

Not just for fans, but potential HCs?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:03 AM

If clark swoops in and snags Reid wow

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9267891)

That's a recent development. Reid brought in a new D-Line coach that brought that dumbass wide-9 system with him.

I don't think we'll see that here, but I do think he'd run a 4-3 here with Houston being a speed end and Hali being a power pass-rusher. I'd be excited as hell about the prospect, to be honest.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267889)
Johnson who was a great DC before his died.

that's the guy i was thinking about

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9267855)
Clark extended Pioli after the disastrous 2011 season?

And people are happy that Clark is taking a more hands on approach??

If you really believe some random slapdick on twitter....bridges are for sale.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267900)
That's a recent development. Reid brought in a new D-Line coach that brought that dumbass wide-9 system with him.

I don't think we'll see that here, but I do think he'd run a 4-3 here with Houston being a speed end and Hali being a power pass-rusher. I'd be excited as hell about the prospect, to be honest.

I still think that Hali,Poe,Powe,Houston is a viable 4-3 Dline

beef on the inside
speed on the outside

need CB,FS and LB

can rotate bigger DE for Houston and slide him outside on heavy packages.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267906)

Can i buy the golden gate?

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Johnson's defense blitzed like a mutha f**ker!!! Reid never was a able to find a suitable replacement after Johnson died and that was one of the reasons (outside of the QB situation after McNabb) why the decline started. It was like he should have gotten out of Philly at that time.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267900)

I think Houston would be a beast at DE in a 4-3.

TEX 01-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9267883)
Well, to be fair, he humiliated Pioli. He brought him down a few notches and basically said, he's not in control anymore.

For Pioli, thats gotta hurt your ego a little bit at least, ifnot alot. lol

So what. Pioli's STILL around. No reason for him to be. If a guy SUCKS - Eating $$$$ is part of the deal with a player / Coach / GM etc. He should be GONE. Why on earth would a proven HC want any part of the situation in KC?

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9267819)
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

As I reported earlier this season, Scott Pioli DID sign extension this offseason, which might be hangup to why he's still with #Chiefs.

This guy is going to be on 610 in about an hour.

Talking about the possibilities of a buyout right now with Joel Thorman of AP.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9267870)
Reid isn't a martyball coach. The question is why a team that has absolutely dominated the NFC in the regular season has had average postseason success. I feel like he's tense or presses in the playoffs. I don't mind the hire. He's better than Marty. But wish people wouldn't create stories that his postseason lack of success hasn't been very, very heavily scrutinized, not just in Philly, but everywhere.

Just like Marty, for the most part, Reid's best teams suffered in the postseasom from what helped them be so good in the reg season : lack of consistant QB play.

McNabb was overrated, and never truly great or elite. Those teams won with defense and special teams, and by having an attention to detail, and by being tough in the trenches. Which, as we all know, can win you around 10 games a year, every year.

However, pretty much EVERY team in the playoffs has the same MO - smart, tough football. The difference comes with the execution, and who's pulking the trigger. Outside of an aged Joe Montana (and don't bring up Gannon - Gruden coached him up like crazy) Marty NEVER had a QB. Dude won 13 games with STEVE BONO. Reid is a similar coach, who always seemed to get the most out of whatever he had (at least until this year.) But he got the most out of McNabb he could, those horrible WRs - and when Terrell Owens showed up and gave some kind of actual explosiveness to their passing game, he went to a Super Bowl.

Reaper16 01-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267906)

Clark's odd approach of keeping a neutered Pioli on staff makes 10 times more sense if Clark would have to buyout multiple extended years of salary instead of just a single year.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:08 AM

Poe's shown he can pass rush. Sign or draft another pass rushing DT

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9267917)
Clark's odd approach of keeping a neutered Pioli on staff makes 10 times more sense if Clark would have to buyout multiple extended years of salary instead of just a single year.

Yep.

Something tells me we're talking about 2-3 years at $7M+ per.

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9267819)
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

As I reported earlier this season, Scott Pioli DID sign extension this offseason, which might be hangup to why he's still with #Chiefs.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...f/Facemelt.gif

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:10 AM

this all makes sense. Gota buyout 3 years not 1.

ChiefMojo 01-02-2013 11:11 AM

With Clark's timeframe of late January in making a decision on Pioli states to me he is working on a buyout/settlement with Pioli and at worst case he will just outright fire him then if he can't get anything worked out. It is apparent with the new power structure, Pioli is a dead man walking here and is not the #1 guy in charge anymore.

Hoover 01-02-2013 11:11 AM

Again, I tend to agree with how Clark is approaching this.

1. Clark clearly stated that he will not only select the next coach, but that the coach will report directly to him.
2. Clark has let it be known that Scott Pioli is on the hot seat and he is open to replacing him.
3. Clark is proving that he's going to be a hands on owner by agreeing to fly to meet coaches. This is a big change. I don't think this is "THE" formal interview, but instead a way for high profile coaching candidates to know that Clark is serious and KC has a lot to offer. As was stated earlier, Clark being a serious, smart, and likable guy is a huge advantage when compared to other owner. He's not Jerry Jones, but he's not Bill Bidwell wither. I would think that most strong HC candidates would prefer working with an owner like Hunt.
4. I bet Reid makes a formal visit to the Chiefs after his AZ trip. Clark may be braketing a top candidate by meeting him before and after another aggressive suitor.

Use that private jet Clark! And by the way, flying to Philly is a great way to prove that he's now the man in KC. In business and life if you want something go and get it. Never wait for it to come to you.

Gravedigger 01-02-2013 11:11 AM

How the hell can Pioli be extended, doesn't it have to be reported to the league office at which time it becomes public? I've always argued that the extension thing is pure bullshit because it makes no sense.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267887)
our offense scheme sucked

we almost completely abandon the screen,swing pass and running back wheel routes this year

Daboll...

Call a fly to Newsome, or a HB option from Hillis to Brady Quinn...they'll never expect that one.

ROFL

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267908)

beef on the inside
speed on the outside

need CB,FS and LB

Likewise, I've been advocating it for weeks now. I have to admit to a 4-3 bias, but I do think that our personnel fits a 4-3 perfectly.

Hali's getting older and his speed is diminishing, so he'll be less effective as a rushing OLB. That said, his strength seems to be better than ever so why couldn't he be a good power rusher off the right side? Houston is essentially the same size as Clemons but a better athlete, why not try him as an LDE? I think he'd be elite at it. Poe would be a monster as an under-tackle where he can use his unusual speed for his size to really collapse the pocket, especially with that beef from Powe alongside him.

I still think that DJ is a better SAM, but with this roster he would have to play the Mike.

I love this personnel for a 4-3 conversion. You'd need a couple of new OLBs but we need a new DE and one more ILB right now to begin with. So if you're replacing 2 guys off your front 7 in either scheme, why not move to the 4-3 right now?

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267918)
Poe's shown he can pass rush. Sign or draft another pass rushing DT

I think Tjax fits a 4-3 scheme better too.

if he takes a big cut in pay

we must find a FS though ... you can't play defense with 10 players and expect to be consistent

ChiefRocka 01-02-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267908)

beef on the inside
speed on the outside

need CB,FS and LB

Sign Dorsey at a discount and finally play that ****er where he was supposed to all along?

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267938)
Daboll...

Call a fly to Newsome, or a HB option from Hillis to Brady Quinn...they'll never expect that one.

ROFL

Watching Daboll was worse than watching Solari

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267939)
Likewise, I've been advocating it for weeks now. I have to admit to a 4-3 bias, but I do think that our personnel fits a 4-3 perfectly.

Hali's getting older and his speed is diminishing, so he'll be less effective as a rushing OLB. That said, his strength seems to be better than ever so why couldn't he be a good power rusher off the right side? Houston is essentially the same size as Clemons but a better athlete, why not try him as an LDE? I think he'd be elite at it. Poe would be a monster as an under-tackle where he can use his unusual speed for his size to really collapse the pocket, especially with that beef from Powe alongside him.

I still think that DJ is a better SAM, but with this roster he would have to play the Mike.

I love this personnel for a 4-3 conversion. You'd need a couple of new OLBs but we need a new DE and one more ILB right now to begin with. So if you're replacing 2 guys off your front 7 in either scheme, why not move to the 4-3 right now?

Spot on.

If Poe is ever going to be worth the pick, it's likely in this role. JMO.

stonedstooge 01-02-2013 11:14 AM

So as per your interview Chunt it's not about the money?

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267945)
I think Tjax fits a 4-3 scheme better too.

if he takes a big cut in pay

we must find a FS though ... you can't play defense with 10 players and expect to be consistent

Eh, TJ is a 3-4 end. I don't see where he truly fits a 4-3. He doesn't have the first step or technique to be a decent DE in a 4-3 and he clearly doesn't have the bulk for a 3-4.

TJax is just a piece of crap. But I think he's at his least crappy in a 3-4.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9267951)
Watching Daboll was worse than watching Solari

it was painful.

I had to look away.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

agreed, i think we transition to a 4-3 pretty easily.

Hell, we might have players that fit a 4-3 better than they do the 3-4.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267955)
Eh, TJ is a 3-4 end. I don't see where he truly fits a 4-3. He doesn't have the first step or technique to be a decent DE in a 4-3 and he clearly doesn't have the bulk for a 3-4.

This.

Dump his ass, save $17M.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

If we move to the 4-3.....then I'll honestly be praying that Te'o falls on draft day. I would easily trade up into the 20-25 range to draft him. All you would need is an OLB to finish the LB group.

Mother****erJones 01-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267957)
it was painful.

I had to look away.

I only watched because of Charles:harumph:

Chiefnj2 01-02-2013 11:17 AM

Pioli and Hunt were together for the Atlanta interviews.

Clark Hunt interviewing Andy Reid for vacant Chiefs head coach job

Posted: Jan 02, 2013 11:18 AM EST
Updated: Jan 02, 2013 11:30 AM EST
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager - email

© Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA (KCTV) -
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is interviewing Andy Reid in Philadelphia about the team's head coach opening, while another of the job's candidates no longer appears available.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Hunt is in Philadelphia meeting with Reid, who also reportedly plans to meet with the Arizona Cardinals ownership later this week about their opening.

No word if Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is with Hunt in the meetings with Reid.

Mortensen said Pioli was with Hunt when he met with two Atlanta Falcons coaches about replacing Romeo Crennel.

One of those coaches, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, signed a contract extension with the Falcons during the overnight hours. The Falcons announced Wednesday morning Koetter would be staying after signing the one-year extension.

Hunt and Pioli also interviewed Falcons special teams coach Keith Armstrong on New Year's Day.

Snagging Reid would be a big get for Hunt. Reid has a history of cultivating NFL quarterbacks, starting with Donovan McNabb. He was the league's most tenured coach before he was ousted following Sunday's game.

Some media outlets reported Reid is a done deal in Arizona, but Hunt swooped in to interview Reid before the former Eagles coach travels west.

What qualities is Hunt looking for in the next head coach? Click here for more details, including KCTV5 sports anchor Michael Coleman's exclusive interview with Hunt.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267955)

yea, maybe.

He looked better when he was allowed to attack though.

doesn't matter, he is probably gone because i doubt any player would be willing to take a 75% pay cut and stay with their existing team. It's too insulting/embarrassing.

ndws 01-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9267913)
So what. Pioli's STILL around. No reason for him to be. If a guy SUCKS - Eating $$$$ is part of the deal with a player / Coach / GM etc. He should be GONE. Why on earth would a proven HC want any part of the situation in KC?

Jovan had his chance to do right by this city.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:19 AM

Houston played 4-3 end in college.

He can absolutely rape faces at that position. He's around 270 lbs.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-02-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9267976)

:spock:

ChiTown 01-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9267973)

© Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA (KCTV) -
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is interviewing Andy Reid in Philadelphia about the team's head coach opening, while another of the job's candidates no longer appears available.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Hunt is in Philadelphia meeting with Reid, who also reportedly plans to meet with the Arizona Cardinals ownership later this week about their opening.

No word if Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is with Hunt in the meetings with Reid.

Mortensen said Pioli was with Hunt when he met with two Atlanta Falcons coaches about replacing Romeo Crennel.

One of those coaches, Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, signed a contract extension with the Falcons during the overnight hours. The Falcons announced Wednesday morning Koetter would be staying after signing the one-year extension.

Hunt and Pioli also interviewed Falcons special teams coach Keith Armstrong on New Year's Day.

Snagging Reid would be a big get for Hunt. Reid has a history of cultivating NFL quarterbacks, starting with Donovan McNabb. He was the league's most tenured coach before he was ousted following Sunday's game.

Some media outlets reported Reid is a done deal in Arizona, but Hunt swooped in to interview Reid before the former Eagles coach travels west.

What qualities is Hunt looking for in the next head coach? Click here for more details, including KCTV5 sports anchor Michael Coleman's exclusive interview with Hunt.

I am now stabbing my eyes with a #2 Pencil made from Dixon Ticonderoga

Agent V 01-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9267973)

© Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA (KCTV) -

Well, maybe he was... using Pioli as a footrest the whole time. Or making him serve drinks. Like, demeaning him in front of his peers.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9267962)
If we move to the 4-3.....then I'll honestly be praying that Te'o falls on draft day. I would easily trade up into the 20-25 range to draft him. All you would need is an OLB to finish the LB group.

That's what really got me looking into the conversion; when the talks of Te'o falling started.

Te'o as the Mike with DJ as the Sam and the full conversion to a 4-3 could make this a top 5 defense. You use your 3rd on Rambo to replace Lewis and pursue another DT in FA in case Powe really does suck.

But I don't see Te'o falling out of the top 10, at least not that far out of the top 10.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-02-2013 11:20 AM

So, I'm cooking breakfast and listening to 610 and this Ian Rappaport comes on. I've seen his tweets before. Dude sounds like he's 23 years old, and a complete ****ing dumbass. Pimping Ferentz. This guy said he's the Andy Reid of college coaching. ROFL

Pioli must be in his pocket. He's a dumb mother****er regardless. Anyone hear that shit? 610 guys were cracking me up. Said they'd hang up on anyone including interviews that brought up Ferentz' name again.

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

hahahaha

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

wtf??

silver5liter 01-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267979)
Houston played 4-3 end in college.

He can absolutely rape faces at that position. He's around 270 lbs.

Pretty sure he played 3-4 olb

chiefzilla1501 01-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267884)
now ... but before when they blitzed all the time, wasn't that a 3-4?

had that older DC that got sick or something?

Yeah. Jim Johnson. Was a defensive mastermind and the defense has gotten worse since he left. My biggest concern on Reid is I don't think he has any clue what his defensive identity is since Johnson left. And Reid is a guy who has to win on balance where a good offense and good defense complement each other.

Jim Johnson's scheme used a traditional 4-3 base. Two traditional DTs, two every down bigger defensive ends. At one time had an absolutely dominating front Four with Corey Simon, Hugh Douglas, And Hollis Thomas.

I agree with some who have said that a reunion between Reid and Rivera is a very intriguing possibility.

Hoover 01-02-2013 11:21 AM

Another thought

The Chiefs could have scheduled a couple interviews in Atlanta so that Clark could work get a feel for how leading these interviews work. Could have taken Pioli to give him some feedback etc. You never interview your top target first, you want to make sure you have your shit together first.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:22 AM

4-3 vs 3-4, the main personnel issue here is the OLBs.

If we stick with 3-4 we have to find two new defensive ends.

What's easier, finding two playmaking 1-gap DEs, or finding two decent OLBs who can cover?

You can find starting OLBs in the middle rounds of the draft and in free agency EVERY YEAR. It's hard to find premium DL talent in comparison.

I have no issues switching to a 4-3. You stick Powe and Poe in the midde, Hali and Houston on the ends and roll with it.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Because he's gonna have job security if he fails...

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9267993)
Pretty sure he played 3-4 olb

He spent at least one year playing 4-3 end. There was concern about him coming out because he had only played 3-4 OLB his last season, I believe.

ndws 01-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267992)
wtf??

too soon?

htismaqe 01-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9267983)

We already knew they were in Altanta together...

Hoover 01-02-2013 11:23 AM

I also think its easier for an offensive coach to hand over the reins of the defense to a coordinator. We have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. I think Reid should be able to land a pretty good DC.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9267996)

What's easier, finding two playmaking 1-gap DEs, or finding two decent OLBs who can cover?

You can find starting OLBs in the middle rounds of the draft and in free agency EVERY YEAR. It's hard to find premium DL talent in comparison.

I have no issues switching to a 4-3. You stick Powe and Poe in the midde, Hali and Houston on the ends and roll with it.

It certainly can't be much worse.

chiefzilla1501 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267959)
agreed, i think we transition to a 4-3 pretty easily.

Hell, we might have players that fit a 4-3 better than they do the 3-4.

Don't really agree. Dj, Poe, Houston, and Hali are nice foundational guys for a 3-4 front 7. All we need are DEs, which are more support players. Rivera is a nice possibility because he knows Reid and he knows a ore progressive version of a 3-4.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267987)
That's what really got me looking into the conversion; when the talks of Te'o falling started.

Te'o as the Mike with DJ as the Sam and the full conversion to a 4-3 could make this a top 5 defense. You use your 3rd on Rambo to replace Lewis and pursue another DT in FA in case Powe really does suck.

But I don't see Te'o falling out of the top 10, at least not that far out of the top 10.

It will take a miracle for him to fall into the 15-20 range but crazier things have happened. Once it gets closer to the draft....I think he's going to be compared more to Kuechly than to Lewis or Willis. That could cause him to fall some.

Ace Gunner 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9267983)

Well I read on this very prestigious board Pioli is a lame duck ROFL

jd1020 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268003)

Actually we knew Pioli was in Atlanta.

People were speculating that Clark sent Pioli to Atlanta and Clark went to Philadelphia to interview Reid because Reid was a "serious interview."

htismaqe 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9268014)
Actually we knew Pioli was in Atlanta.

People were speculating that Clark sent Pioli to Atlanta and Clark went to Philadelphia to interview Reid because Reid was a "serious interview."

I posted over an hour ago that Chris Mortenson was on 810 this morning and said BOTH Hunt and Pioli were in Atlanta YESTERDAY.

penguinz 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267987)

http://content.usatoday.com/life/_ph...0/26/rambo.jpg

KCUnited 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Because Clark is likely to extend him to a point that makes it difficult to fire him at the smallest sign of success.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9268008)
All we need are DEs, which are more support players..

This is absolutely not true.

We'll be looking for a guy like JJ Watt if we switch to 1-gap 3-4.

Those guys are hard to find.

mr. tegu 01-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9267989)
So, I'm cooking breakfast and listening to 610 and this Ian Rappaport comes on. I've seen his tweets before. Dude sounds like he's 23 years old, and a complete ****ing dumbass. Pimping Ferentz. This guy said he's the Andy Reid of college coaching. ROFL

Pioli must be in his pocket. He's a dumb mother****er regardless. Anyone hear that shit? 610 guys were cracking me up. Said they'd hang up on anyone including interviews that brought up Ferentz' name again.

Yes we enjoyed a good chuckle earlier in this thread. :)

ChiTown 01-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9268003)

I had not seen that confirmed until that post, otherwise, I would have begun the stabbing process hours ago...

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9268021)

He looks more like a MLB than a FS.

We'll find out at the combine; his 40 speed could determine what position he plays in the NFL.

Ace Gunner 01-02-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Hello failure. Hali is no 43RDE and Houston is no 43LDE.

jd1020 01-02-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9268035)
Hello failure. Hali is no RDE and Houston is no LDE.

You do know Houston played DE in college right?

Back when he was expected to be a first round pick until he got caught with weed.

Hammock Parties 01-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Hello failure. Hali is no RDE and Houston is no LDE.

Houston can ABSOLUTELY play either end position. He's big enough and athletic enough.

Hali can play LDE fine.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

And if you think you can get a good value at MLB, you do that and DJ slides to the Sam. You have much more versatility with how you choose to fill your holes by flipping to the 4-3, IMO.

Now's an ideal time to make that move and yes, I think the players presently on the roster are better off in 4-3 roles.

kcpasco 01-02-2013 11:30 AM

So Clark has Pioli running around doing pointless interviews?
And we wonder why this franchise is a complete joke.

penguinz 01-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

DE is Hali's native position.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9268038)
You do know Houston played DE in college right?

He apparently forgot that Hali played DE his first 3 years in the league as well.

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

i think you're wrong.