ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

mdchiefsfan 11-08-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9097720)
No way Mike Brown lasts to much longer in L.A

The way they are running that offense is pathetic. Kobe took the game over in the 4th, but it was to late. Kobe doesnt have patience to be waiting for this ****ed up system to not work. They got alot of talent on that team for it to be 1-4.

Man I would be shocked if they got rid of him that quickly. I mean it is kind of sad that he can't tailor his coaching to his players, he's trying to fit square blocks into round holes, but I think he will be given the chance to adjust his game plan and offensive scheme. Maybe an assistant coach gets canned, but I think Brown will be there for the year.

BWillie 11-08-2012 08:07 PM

Sooo Kevin Martin has been looking good for the Thunder. He doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as Harden and gets to the line surprisingly often for a shooter. Dont expect OKC to have much of a fall of but still expect the Heat to win again.

okcchief 11-08-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9099804)
Sooo Kevin Martin has been looking good for the Thunder. He doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as Harden and gets to the line surprisingly often for a shooter. Dont expect OKC to have much of a fall of but still expect the Heat to win again.

Kevin Martin has been playing great. Unfortunately, the rest of the team seems to be going through the motions. At the end they will be in the playoffs and a major player again.

dirk digler 11-08-2012 09:36 PM

big shot by Durant up 4 now with 45 secs left

mcaj22 11-08-2012 09:38 PM

that was a nice shot

dirk digler 11-08-2012 09:38 PM

uh wow, beautiful shot by Durant

dirk digler 11-08-2012 09:44 PM

nice win for OKC

okcchief 11-08-2012 09:45 PM

Sloppy, but it's a win. When KD and Russ start playing like they can we'll be aight.

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2012 12:32 AM

Seems about right.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MkgKL7FpE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR 11-09-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9100465)
Seems about right.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5MkgKL7FpE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dumb ****tard was trying to play grabass or something. TRob is in the right here to punch that bundle of sticks in the throat.

KC_Connection 11-09-2012 12:52 AM

DeAndre Jordan looks much improved offensively. The Clippers are going to be real good this year.

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9100476)
Dumb ****tard was trying to play grabass or something. TRob is in the right here to punch that pillowbitergot in the throat.

Sure. The league, officials, and fans totally agree.

okcchief 11-09-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9100502)
DeAndre Jordan looks much improved offensively. The Clippers are going to be real good this year.

I said from the onset they are the one of the deepest teams. Definitely, a contender.

RealSNR 11-09-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9101438)
Sure. The league, officials, and fans totally agree.

I wasn't being serious.

Either way, it's funny you got a woody from a former Jayhawk doing a shitty thing in a pro game.

-King- 11-09-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9100502)

Yeah. Blew the shit out of the Blazers yesterday. I was expecting a good competitive game. Clippers made sure that all competitiveness was gone by the 5 minute mark.

KevB 11-09-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9101653)
Yeah. Blew the shit out of the Blazers yesterday. I was expecting a good competitive game. Clippers made sure that all competitiveness was gone by the 5 minute mark.

Blazers actually made a spirited comeback, at one point cutting the lead to 4 in the fourth quarter. Clips did a nice job of cutting them off when it mattered; Crawford and Paul were money.

That said, if the Blazers can bottle up Nic Batum from that second half, they'll have an All-Star on their hands.

-King- 11-09-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9101846)
Blazers actually made a spirited comeback, at one point cutting the lead to 4 in the fourth quarter. Clips did a nice job of cutting them off when it mattered; Crawford and Paul were money.

That said, if the Blazers can bottle up Nic Batum from that second half, they'll have an All-Star on their hands.

I stopped watching at halftime. I was let down coming off the OKC/CHI game.

KevB 11-09-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9101975)
I stopped watching at halftime. I was let down coming off the OKC/CHI game.

I was working and the game was on in the background. Blazers impressed me with the will to come back. They put Batum on Paul and that changed things. 1st half was brutal to watch.

RealSNR 11-09-2012 11:03 PM

Timberwolves are 4-1 without Love, Rubio, OR Barea (this game).

So far they're doing what they have to do in this early part of their schedule with lots of easy teams. Playing good basketball. At the end of the month they'll have everybody back and healthy (hopefully).

okcchief 11-09-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9102690)

So far they're doing what they have to do in this early part of their schedule with lots of easy teams. Playing good basketball. At the end of the month they'll have everybody back and healthy (hopefully).

They've been pretty surprising. If they are around .500 when they get those guys back then they could finally get back in the dance.

mcaj22 11-09-2012 11:59 PM

Anthony Davis is a stud lol

kcxiv 11-10-2012 12:15 AM

Lakers were on point on D.

Also, they are in contact with Phil and there is reports Phil is itching to take the job. This is gonna be interesting.

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9102690)

Love the Wolves. They are my "other" team, since I only live a few hours away.

Al Bundy 11-10-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9102831)
Lakers were on point on D.

Also, they are in contact with Phil and there is reports Phil is itching to take the job. This is gonna be interesting.

The Warriors didn't stand a chance going into that game. Lakers played pretty good but Golden State laid down once the lead got out to double digits. Plus sloppy play, turnovers galore. Ohh and David Lee is a below average player.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 12:38 AM

Nuggets end the game on an 11-0 run. Looks like the Warriors are headed towards another lottery pick.

KevB 11-11-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9105219)
Nuggets end the game on an 11-0 run. Looks like the Warriors are headed towards another lottery pick.

Tough for them without Bogut and Rush.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9105224)
Tough for them without Bogut and Rush.

We knew Bogut was a no go for most of the season. Rush was a big loss... and having to depend on guys like Klay Thompson, Carl Landry, Jarrett Jack and some other guys with very little talent is a recipe for disaster.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 12:51 AM

Plus.. it's time to fire Mark Jackson, keeping Harrison Barnes out so he can keep his boy Landry on the court... sink with the ship Mark.

Miles 11-11-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9105252)
Plus.. it's time to fire Mark Jackson, keeping Harrison Barnes out so he can keep his boy Landry on the court... sink with the ship Mark.

Landry has been playing pretty well and doesn't play the same position as Barnes.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9105263)
Landry has been playing pretty well and doesn't play the same position as Barnes.

I know. But Landry and Klay were the main reason the Warriors lost tonight. Landry played like total crap tonight.

Al Bundy 11-11-2012 01:06 AM

Ohh and David Lee is one of the more overrated guys in the league.

KevB 11-11-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9105252)

Barnes just isn't very good. Thompson is the young guy they're grooming on the wing. Jackson has been given a flawed team; they're trying to keep their head above water until they can get Bogut back.

KevB 11-11-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9105270)
Ohh and David Lee is one of the more overrated guys in the league.

Eh, he is what he is. With a defensive center like Bogut, he'd be ok. But without a presence in the middle, he's terribly exposed on the defensive end.

Miles 11-11-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9105266)
I know. But Landry and Klay were the main reason the Warriors lost tonight. Landry played like total crap tonight.

Landry's stats look quite solid from that game.

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2012 07:15 PM

Holy SHIT, Rudy Gay.

-King- 11-11-2012 07:20 PM

Miami got smacked like red headed step children.

KevB 11-11-2012 07:41 PM

Griz are balling this season. Starters are healthy and their bench is better. Very dangerous team.

ohiobronco2 11-11-2012 07:42 PM

The Cavs will likely lose to the Thunder, but they are playing tough. Good to see them match up with one of the best in the NBA and play a competitive game. Going to be a force in a few years.

okcchief 11-11-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9107565)
Griz are balling this season. Starters are healthy and their bench is better. Very dangerous team.

Memphis has always scared me. They are definitely a bad matchup for the Thunder and the Heat with their size. Somehow we seem to eek out games against them, but it's almost always a five point game. They come here Wednesday. Should be fun.

okcchief 11-11-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 9107569)
The Cavs will likely lose to the Thunder, but they are playing tough. Good to see them match up with one of the best in the NBA and play a competitive game. Going to be a force in a few years.

I've said before the Cavs remind me of OKC 3 years ago. You should have some fun times ahead.

The Bad Guy 11-11-2012 08:35 PM

Marc Gasol is going to end up having a better long-term career than Pau. He's just fantastic in about every facet of the game. Plus defender, great rebounder, turning into a really good scorer.

I know the Kwame for Pau deal got flamed, but the Grizzles wouldn't be half the team they are without Marc. He was a vital piece of that deal.

mcaj22 11-11-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9107699)
Marc Gasol is going to end up having a better long-term career than Pau. He's just fantastic in about every facet of the game. Plus defender, great rebounder, turning into a really good scorer.

I know the Kwame for Pau deal got flamed, but the Grizzles wouldn't be half the team they are without Marc. He was a vital piece of that deal.

Marc Gasol is actually a huge big body too lol where as the knock on Pau is soft

RealSNR 11-11-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9107692)
I've said before the Cavs remind me of OKC 3 years ago. You should have some fun times ahead.

Sure. They're OKC with ZERO players at the caliber of Durant, Westbrook, or Harden.

Yes, I said that Irving isn't close to being Westbrook.

RustShack 11-11-2012 09:02 PM

Irving and Waiters are both good, and are just going to get better. The problem is they don't have a presence in the front court to help them... or any depth behind them.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9107787)
Sure. They're OKC with ZERO players at the caliber of Durant, Westbrook, or Harden.

Irving could be every bit as good as Westbrook.

Think the best way to describe the Cavs is that with the cap space they have available, they can get a playmaker (won't be as good as Durant, but will be a playmaker nonetheless). And I believe they can get a terrific Center.

So the Cavs could end up having a deeper team than OKC with a better low post presence. Where OKC will always outmatch them is that they'll likely have better killer scorers than Cleveland will ever have.

RustShack 11-11-2012 09:55 PM

Irving is emerging as a top 5 PG. He just needs a big man.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9107979)
Irving is emerging as a top 5 PG. He just needs a big man.

I bet that's their top priority with their cap space.

They've got good role players down low right now. Great defenders, rebounders. Zeller is a real nice guy to have to mismatch with his quickness and ability to work more of the outside (role player, as I can't see him handling real big guys). You get a versatile Center with big money who can score, defend, and rebound, and their rotation of bigs suddenly looks very good.

RustShack 11-11-2012 10:02 PM

Yep they are missing one piece there. Sign/draft a C and draft/sign a SF. The current "starters" aren't bad depth... especially at C/PF.

okcchief 11-11-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9107787)

Irving is better than Westbrook was year 2. Westbrook really didn't blossom until midway though his second year.

I agree they don't have a Durant, but they are deeper than OKC.

Harden wasn't anything, but average his rookie year. He never went to the basket or handled the ball. Never went to the foul line. He was pretty horrible defensively. He played like shit away from home pretty consistently. No one saw Harden being the player he is now 3 years ago. In fact, many locally and nationally were crying that they should have taken Steph Curry.

OKC was an 8 seed 3 years ago. Sure it's easy to make the statement you do now, but you have no idea how their players will develop.

mcaj22 11-11-2012 10:29 PM

question is who is even a realistic versatile big man that they can justify spending money on or have a chance to get, those type of guys rarely hit FA and if they do they certainly arent going to Cleveland as a market

they have to hope one of them shows up in the draft (highly unlikely) and even then, they wont be anywhere near the pick to get him.

okcchief 11-11-2012 10:30 PM

Remember that Harden never came into his own until after the Jeff Green trade. A lot of people seem to forget that. At the time the best thing about the trade to me was getting Harden and Ibaka Green's shots. When Harden became aggressive he was awesome. When Green was there he truly played like a bench player.

Pitt Gorilla 11-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9107964)
Irving could be every bit as good as Westbrook.

Think the best way to describe the Cavs is that with the cap space they have available, they can get a playmaker (won't be as good as Durant, but will be a playmaker nonetheless). And I believe they can get a terrific Center.

So the Cavs could end up having a deeper team than OKC with a better low post presence. Where OKC will always outmatch them is that they'll likely have better killer scorers than Cleveland will ever have.

who is this playmaker and who is the terrific center that sign with the cavs?

RustShack 11-11-2012 10:32 PM

Cleveland has 7 first rounds in the next 3 years, along with extra 2nds. They have the power to trade up and might be in the lottery at least this one more year.

mcaj22 11-11-2012 10:33 PM

that nutsack clown of an owner will end up pissing away those first rounders in trades because he can never sit still with his team, because its like he has add and is still butt hurt about Lebron so hes always trying to add parts

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9108098)
who is this playmaker and who is the terrific center that sign with the cavs?

Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is that with the luxury tax kicking in, you can expect a LOT of teams to start dumping players. Maybe as soon as this year's trade deadline. And right now, the Cavs have an insane amount of picks and the second most cap space in the league to pick up some players.

Good timing, as you won't just see good players, you could see some really good players get shipped off than usual.

ohiobronco2 11-11-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108109)
that nutsack clown of an owner will end up pissing away those first rounders in trades because he can never sit still with his team, because its like he has add and is still butt hurt about Lebron so hes always trying to add parts

I don't know what you're talking about. They have done nothing but acquire assets since James left. If anything, they cut some dead weight, stayed the course and drafted well. I think Chris Grant has done a solid job.

RustShack 11-11-2012 10:36 PM

I don't have a problem with him doing anything he could to put a team around LeBron. I think he did a good job, but Mike Brown just wasn't the right coach.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108109)

It's hard to question their strategy. They've rebuilt their team minus LeBron the right away. During the rebuild, they held tight and acquired a really good nucleus of young talent while acquiring a ton of picks and opening up a ton of cap space.

Now they are in a position where the team is 1 or 2 key players away from a very good team. They will be a very attractive trade partner. And they can afford the top free agents a lot of teams cannot.

ohiobronco2 11-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9108117)
I don't have a problem with him doing anything he could to put a team around LeBron. I think he did a good job, but Mike Brown just wasn't the right coach.

I'm sure Laker fans agree. :p

okcchief 11-11-2012 10:40 PM

I just saw Ellington had 7 3s for the Grizz tonight. Where the **** did that come from???

KevB 11-11-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9108132)
I just saw Ellington had 7 3s for the Grizz tonight. Where the **** did that come from???

If he can be a threat from 3, along with Bayless, that bench is much better than last season. They had Mayo playing PG with the 2nd team last season, and he was ill equipped to handle that role. He killed them against the Clips. If they get Arthur back healthy, I love them as a dark horse in the West.

mcaj22 11-12-2012 12:09 AM

they match up well against the Heat because Memphis has a bunch of 6'9 to 7 foot guys that are like 250 lbs+ and the Heat just play Lebron or Bosh at the 5 pending the guy because they can match up with 90 percent of the league like that. Memphis is not one of those

okcchief 11-12-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9108209)
If he can be a threat from 3, along with Bayless, that bench is much better than last season. They had Mayo playing PG with the 2nd team last season, and he was ill equipped to handle that role. He killed them against the Clips. If they get Arthur back healthy, I love them as a dark horse in the West.

For sure. If they get solid guard play they will be a really tough out.

-King- 11-12-2012 12:16 AM

Memphis will be a good team in the playoffs. Even when they lose a series, the team they play won't be fresh going into the next round.

mcaj22 11-12-2012 12:35 AM

yea I like Memphis too, it's a bummer a team make up like that in a smaller market still has no shot at a title. I'd like to see a market with a team composition like that actually win one

KevB 11-12-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108250)
they match up well against the Heat because Memphis has a bunch of 6'9 to 7 foot guys that are like 250 lbs+ and the Heat just play Lebron or Bosh at the 5 pending the guy because they can match up with 90 percent of the league like that. Memphis is not one of those

And they have a really solid PG and athletes on the wing in Rudy Gay and Tony Allen (defensively). If they get bench production and stay healthy, they're about as good as anyone.

KevB 11-12-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9108284)
yea I like Memphis too, it's a bummer a team make up like that in a smaller market still has no shot at a title. I'd like to see a market with a team composition like that actually win one

Not sure what you mean? They have a shot at the title, and it doesn't really matter the size of their market.

KC Hawks 11-12-2012 02:00 AM

Marc Stein‏@ESPNSteinLine

RT @Mike_Bresnahan: Source: Mike D'Antoni will be the next coach of the Lakers. Not Phil Jackson

KC_Connection 11-12-2012 02:04 AM

And there goes the Lakers' defense. If they struggle even a little bit with D'Antoni, they'll be calling for Phil again before we know it.

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2012 02:16 AM

Just goddamn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ2LHvIE1Qo

KC_Connection 11-12-2012 02:26 AM

That dunk wasn't quite "on LeBron James" as its advertised in the title, but he did cross him over.

okcchief 11-12-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9108337)
And there goes the Lakers' defense. If they struggle even a little bit with D'Antoni, they'll be calling for Phil again before we know it.

This is the truth. The hire puzzles me. Not that I'm complaining :)

-King- 11-12-2012 09:23 AM

I would have rather had Phil obviously but I'm not upset. We have enough defensive players that we should have an average/slightly below average defense at worst with D'Antoni. The offense should shine though. He will use Nash 200x better than Phil would have and his pick and roll with Dwight and Pau could be unstoppable.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 11-12-2012 09:24 PM

YES. Celtics beat the da Bulls in Chicago. Celtics win wire to wire

RealSNR 11-12-2012 10:23 PM

Wolves beat Dallas in D-town missing the following players:

Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio
JJ Barea
Brandon Roy
Nikola Pekovic (in the 3rd quarter)
Derrick Williams (who played like a ****ing pussy; may as well not been in the game)

I ****ing love Rick Adelman.

ChiefsCountry 11-12-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9113177)

Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio
JJ Barea
Brandon Roy
Derrick Williams (who played like a ****ing pussy; may as well not been in the game)

You played your black guys. :)

Pitt Gorilla 11-12-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9113177)

Kevin Love
Ricky Rubio
JJ Barea
Brandon Roy

Was just going to ask about the wolves. Will they be for real once the talent gets back?

RealSNR 11-12-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9113197)
You played your black guys. :)

Malcom Lee and Dante Cunningham FTMFW

RealSNR 11-12-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9113258)
Was just going to ask about the wolves. Will they be for real once the talent gets back?

Right now the easy schedule is the only thing driving their success without any real shot creators available. It's been all Kirilenko and Pekovic. If Pek is out, I think we start losing a lot here.

If Pek just needs a few games off, though, we're going to be above 500 when Rubio and Love come back. After that point, look the **** out. We might challenge for a seed in the playoffs as high as 5.

Or... we could tank against the good teams on our schedule and miss the playoffs entirely. Lol. No clue with this Wolves squad.

The Bad Guy 11-12-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9108584)
I would have rather had Phil obviously but I'm not upset. We have enough defensive players that we should have an average/slightly below average defense at worst with D'Antoni. The offense should shine though. He will use Nash 200x better than Phil would have and his pick and roll with Dwight and Pau could be unstoppable.
Posted via Mobile Device

There's no reason to have a slightly below average defense when you have Dwight Howard and Ron.

Pau might be the odd man out here. He went from being basically the most complete player in the Princeton to being a guy without a true defined role in the run and gun.

I think you'll see a much improved defensive effort from a D'Antoni team because of Howard.