ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

KcMizzou 11-23-2012 10:59 PM

This is why MU/KU games should still happen.

The rivalry will never die. I'd bet ten years from now... we'll still be talking about it even if they don't play.

It's just nasty, and I love it.

KC_Connection 11-23-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9145137)
How would you even know that someone commented about KU? You don't care about Mizzou, remember? What were you doing in the thread in the first place?

I care about college basketball, though. Outside of Duke/Kentucky, Louisville/Missouri might have been the game with the best teams facing off so far this season.

Dartgod 11-23-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9145142)

The rivalry will never die. I'd bet ten years from now... we'll still be talking about it even if they don't play.

There was no rivalry. /kufan

KC_Connection 11-23-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9145142)

They'll play in a few years, I'm sure. I just doubt it will be home-and-home anymore.

Dartgod 11-23-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9145144)
I care about college basketball, though. Outside of Duke/Kentucky, Louisville/Missouri might have been the game with the best teams facing off so far this season.

http://hypervocal.com/wp-content/upl...-thumbs-up.jpg

Mizzou_8541 11-23-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9145140)
Makes no difference if you're telling me I said something I didn't say.

K. :thumb:

KC_Connection 11-23-2012 11:07 PM

Some things never change, I guess.

Demonpenz 11-23-2012 11:46 PM

i like the big man down low for Mizzou. reminds me of Doug Smith.

CoMoChief 11-24-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9145147)
They'll play in a few years, I'm sure. I just doubt it will be home-and-home anymore.

It ****ing should be......man those atmospheres (both arenas) are electric for those games. A LOT of fun to be there live for that game. It's a bucket list for those people that are die hard college bball fans.

Silock 11-24-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9145082)
Who did Mizzou last lose to before tonight?

Norfolk St.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-24-2012 08:48 AM

Did they make a decision on Dixon? Kim English just tweeted and is upset with the "student board".

WilliamTheIrish 11-24-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9145634)
Did they make a decision on Dixon? Kim English just tweeted and is upset with the "student board".

SOMETHING happened about an hour ago. Posts are starting to pop up all over complaining about the "student (conduct?) board.

Perhaps they hold Dixon's fate in their hands?

WilliamTheIrish 11-24-2012 09:15 AM

Hmmm.. From what i can piece together it soundslike Dixon got caught up in a "Roberson" situation?

Mr_Tomahawk 11-24-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9145659)
Hmmm.. From what i can piece together it soundslike Dixon got caught up in a "Roberson" situation?

What's that mean...?

WilliamTheIrish 11-24-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9145664)
What's that mean...?

{SPECULATION} It means he may have been caught up in a Roberson situation.

Dartgod 11-24-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

In the early morning hours of New Year's Day, 2004, police were called to the Kansas State team hotel in Paradise Valley, Arizona, by a woman who accused Roberson of sexually assaulting her.[3] Roberson and the rest of the Kansas State team were in town to play Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. Police did not arrest Roberson, and later determined that no crime had been committed and no charges should be filed,[4] but an investigation by the Kansas State athletic department concluded that Roberson and several other players had violated unspecified team rules.[5] As a result, Roberson was stripped of his scholarship by head coach Bill Snyder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ell_Roberson_III

redfan 11-24-2012 10:28 AM

Re: Dixon

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/24...ael-dixon.html

Spott 11-24-2012 10:34 AM

Twitter is soooo ****ing lame.

redfan 11-24-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9145753)
Twitter is soooo ****ing lame.

It's really quite amazing what people will put out there.

doomy3 11-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 9145743)

In the comments at the bottom of that article:

KU90133
35 minutes ago
This is the tweet causing all the trouble , The Star won't print it. what a mess.

@armybeautyy

Yes, I said it. Michael Dixon sexually
assaulted me. That's why he is suspended. You all can call me names, but
I know what he did.

24 Nov 12

hide 2 replies reply

trouble
27 minutes ago
Dixon sexually assaulted you? Next time, just say no.

hide 1 reply reply

dapeters
20 minutes ago
Maybe she did.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/24...#storylink=cpy

Sure-Oz 11-24-2012 10:46 AM

Well there it is, chick accusing him of sexual assault, hope its not true. Who knows man

KcMizzou 11-24-2012 07:42 PM

55-47 Mizzou over VCU at the moment.

Dartgod 11-24-2012 07:59 PM

66-65 Mizzou, 1:14 left

KcMizzou 11-24-2012 08:09 PM

Mizzou wins 68-65.

Whew

KcMizzou 11-24-2012 08:11 PM

"Do you expect Michael Dixon to come back..."

Haith interrupts with "We're workin'." "We're workin'."

stonedstooge 11-24-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9147197)
"Do you expect Michael Dixon to come back..."

Haith interrupts with "We're workin'." "We're workin'."

They still playing more against each other than with each other?

KcMizzou 11-24-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9147211)
They still playing more against each other than with each other?

I don't think so. This was a good win. VCU's a good team, and they brought it. Mizzou responded nicely. Games like this can only help going forward.

stonedstooge 11-24-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9147225)
I don't think so. This was a good win. VCU's a good team, and they brought it. Mizzou responded nicely. Games like this can only help going forward.

Thanks.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:09 PM

So no comments on Dixon's strange?

Boy there's something I'm glad I don't have to figure out WTF to do with. It sure reads like a guy that really wanted to get it wet and a girl that eventually did relent...only to regret it.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...pe/?tigerextra

Doesn't make him a rapist...probably does make him a pushy asshole. In either event, it doesn't do him any favors.

Quote:

Missouri senior guard Mike Dixon was accused of forcible rape on Aug. 20, according to a Columbia Police Department offense report, but it was determined there was insufficient evidence to file criminal charges.

Dixon is currently serving an indefinite suspension from the MU basketball team for reasons that have only been described as a violation of team rules.

According to the narrative of the police’s offense report, an MU sophomore met with Officer Skyler Williamson and told him she had been raped at about 12:15 a.m. on Aug. 20.

She said she invited Dixon to her apartment get to know him better. She said he suggested they turn out the lights because his “eyes hurt” and that after initially resisting, she agreed to turn off the lights and they went to her bed. She said that while she tried to talk to Dixon, he leaned in to kiss her and she kissed him back. She said Dixon got on top of her and “she told Dixon she did not want to do this but that she just wanted to kiss him.”

According to the report, she said Dixon told her to “chill out” and began tugging at her pajama pants. She said she told Dixon multiple times to stop, to which he responded, “just chill out.” She said she tried unsuccessfully to push Dixon off of her but couldn’t. She said she told Dixon, “No you don’t even have protection, this is disgusting,” and that after saying that, Dixon removed a condom from his pocket and put it on.

She said that soon afterward Dixon penetrated her with his penis and she was in pain and unable to move. She said Dixon asked her to turn around so he could penetrate her from behind, which she did. When asked by the investigating officer if she ever tried to stop Dixon, she said, “she had just let it happen and she did not know why.” She said she was not afraid of being struck by Dixon.

According to the report, the woman said Dixon stopped after about 20 minutes and she reached for her pajama pants. She said that when Dixon asked why she was trying to put on her pants, she replied, “because this was never supposed to happen in the first place.” She said she went to the bathroom and when she returned Dixon asked her to perform oral sex on him. She said she told him no, and then Dixon asked her to masturbate him, which she did. She stated “she didn’t know why did.” She said Dixon left soon thereafter.

According to the report, the investigating officer asked if she had gone to the hospital to have a sexual assault kit done, and she said she had not but would do so. The officer collected evidence, including the pajama pants, a shirt she was wearing, bed sheets and a red rag he used to clean himself up after he ejaculated.

She went University Hospital later that night to have a sexual assault kit done, and police collected it as evidence on Aug. 21.

A follow-up report detailed the women’s second interview with the Columbia Police Department, this time with Sgt. Steven McCormack on Aug. 21. The explanation of the alleged rape was similar, although it stated that Dixon only arrived at her apartment at approximately 12:40 a.m. on Aug. 20.

The explanation also included more details. She said she and Dixon met at a fraternity party in March and had tried to date the previous semester. She said that Dixon would try to visit her late at night to have sex but that she would say no.

She said that after the alleged rape she yelled at him, “telling him that basketball athletes are all alike, and they like to have sex with all the girls.” She said after the alleged rape she walked Dixon to the door and opened it for him. She said she and Dixon had not spoke since it happened but that she sent him a text message approximately two minutes after he left her apartment.

According to the report: “The text she sent said they should hang out together, and was sorry for yelling at him. She also told Mr. Dixon she didn’t want him just using her for sex. Mr. Dixon sent her a text back, saying Okay.” The woman “told Mr. Dixon to send her a text when he was free. Mr. Dixon sent her a text back, saying Okay.”

When asked why she didn’t initially report the offense, she said she “didn’t want to go through the Rape Kit and Police Reports.” She “also had concerns about seeing Mr. Dixon on campus, and said he is a really good athlete in basketball. She also said people worship Mr. Dixon, they wouldn’t take her seriously, and the school wouldn’t take it seriously.” She said she decided to report the alleged rape on the advice of her sisters.

The woman said she threw away the condom Dixon used, but the police recovered it from a trash bin outside her apartment.

The woman, in response to a message from McCormack, left McCormack a voicemail message on Aug. 22 that she wanted to prosecute. A follow-up report states that the woman and McCormack tried to cold call Dixon on Aug. 24 but did not reach him. There is no evidence in the offense report or follow-up reports that police ever interviewed Dixon.

A later follow-up report stated that the woman tried to contact Dixon via text message on Aug. 27 but he did not respond. The next day, she told police she sent him another text message and told him he was ignoring her and called him an “asshole.”

In more follow-up interviews with McCormack, the woman shared text-message exchanges with Dixon she had after the alleged rape. Included was the following exchange from Sept. 4:

Woman: “Just delete my number. Dont want anything to do with you.”

Dixon: “I’m sorry its not you I told you that I don’t have any problems with u I have just had to rethink my priorities and do what’s best for me.”

Woman: “Michael, what kind of person has sex with someone then doesn’t want to contact them afterwards. I barely text you. I didn’t even want to have sex with you in the beginning; i pretty much made that clear with you since last semester, but no Michael always gets What he wanta.”

Woman: “I told you before I cut those damn lights off we werent going to have sex. I had no intentions of doing that with you Because i don’t have sex with guys i barely know. You only wanted to come over that night for one sex anyways. I just wasn’t going to let you. But no you weren’t taking no for an answer. So that is Why Im mad at you. Because you used me.”

Woman: “And the fact that you dont have the decency to respond to How i feel. Im assuming you don’t care which is fine. I just know I was right about you all along.”

Dixon didn’t respond to the last three messages.

In the final follow-up police report on Nov. 16, McCormack listed under follow-up remarks: “insufficient evidence to file criminal charges.”

Tracy Gonzalez of the Boone County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office told the Kansas City Star that “it was determined that the evidence was not sufficient to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury.”

Sources have told the Tribune that the university's Student Conduct Committee met weeks ago on a matter involving Dixon. Per university policy, if the committee votes to suspend or expel a student, the student can appeal to the chancellor.

Sorter 11-27-2012 07:13 PM

Shouldn't be charged with rape IMO.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:15 PM

So he "raped" her, but she tried desperately to hang out with him after the "rape." OK.

You ****ed me, so I'm going to **** you.

Sorter 11-27-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157823)
So he "raped" her, but she tried desperately to hang out with him after the "rape." OK.

You ****ed me, so I'm going to **** you.

Yup. Just another girl trying to take advantage of a student-athlete.

Seriously, its ****ing ridiculous.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:19 PM

He's clearly not going to get charged.

But this still paints a picture of a guy that's something of a D-bag, does it not? Granted, this girl's been a serious **** about the whole thing (seriously, you actually changed positions at his request then jerked him off and you're trying to claim rape?), but Dixon does come off as a stereotype here.

Honestly, I think it's been handled about how it should. Looks like the prosecutors did their due diligence, figured out what happened and declined to press charges. It looks like the student review board has also decided against coming down hard on him.

At the same time, playing D1 ball is a privilege, not a right. Dixon has to realize what he did here was shitty at best (afterall, would anyone be okay with their sister coming home with this story? Daughter?). Do something that shitty and you don't get to play ball for awhile.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:20 PM

Though in the end, it all comes down to this:

Story is useless without pics.

BourbonMan 11-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157834)

But this still paints a picture of a guy that's something of a D-bag, does it not? Granted, this girl's been a serious **** about the whole thing (seriously, you actually changed positions at his request then jerked him off and you're trying to claim rape?), but Dixon does come off as a stereotype here.

Honestly, I think it's been handled about how it should. Looks like the prosecutors did their due diligence, figured out what happened and declined to press charges. It looks like the student review board has also decided against coming down hard on him.

At the same time, playing D1 ball is a privilege, not a right. Dixon has to realize what he did here was shitty at best (afterall, would anyone be okay with their sister coming home with this story? Daughter?). Do something that shitty and you don't get to play ball for awhile.

Totally agree!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157837)
Though in the end, it all comes down to this:

Story is useless without pics.

:LOL::LOL:

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157834)

Yeah, I'm going to take a big leap in logic here and say that there's a lot that's being left out of her story. She put herself in the dog, jerked him off, and texted as soon as he left? I don't believe for one minute that she was little miss innocent at any point, and she leaves out what was said when he pulled out the condom.

College-aged girl wanted a relationship; college-aged guy wanted to get laid. News at 10.

O.city 11-27-2012 07:26 PM

While I agree with deez, Dixon isn't just an ordinary college aged guy. He's going to college for free and is privileged to play basketball at said school.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157855)
While I agree with deez, Dixon isn't just an ordinary college aged guy. He's going to college for free and is privileged to play basketball at said school.

Sure. And he didn't rape anyone, so I expect he should be playing in the next game.

O.city 11-27-2012 07:29 PM

He probably didnt rape her, but it sounds like he was a douche about it

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157851)
Yeah, I'm going to take a big leap in logic here and say that there's a lot that's being left out of her story. She put herself in the dog, jerked him off, and texted as soon as he left? I don't believe for one minute that she was little miss innocent at any point, and she leaves out what was said when he pulled out the condom.

College-aged girl wanted a relationship; college-aged guy wanted to get laid. News at 10.

Innocent, no. If it came out that she barked at him to pull her hair halfway through it, I'd totally buy it.

But I do think there's enough truth to it that we'd be pissed off if it happened to someone we cared about. It does seem like there's an excellent chance that she was awfully reluctant about the sex and tried to demonstrate that several times.

Then again...she bought 'the light hurts my eyes'. Nobody in the history of the world has ever bought 'the light hurts my eyes'....

Like I said, no way in the world this makes Dixon a rapist. But I still think he comes off as a dick here. You're Mike Dixon - walk 6 feet down the hall, knock on the door and **** that girl. It's not gonna take you long to bang the girl that you don't have to cajole and coerce into it.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157860)

We don't know that. I don't believe a ****ing thing this girl says. If he texted her back? Taken her to dinner a few times? Are we having this conversation now?

Nope.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157862)
Like I said, no way in the world this makes Dixon a rapist. But I still think he comes off as a dick here. You're Mike Dixon - walk 6 feet down the hall, knock on the door and **** that girl. It's not gonna take you long to bang the girl that you don't have to cajole and coerce into it.

OK, he's a jerk for using this girl and he could have gotten easier strange.

Now let's play ball.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:32 PM

Lost in all this is that Dixon clearly hasn't grasped the change in conferences.

20 minutes and he needed to be jerked off? Mike - that is not SEC speed.

Sorter 11-27-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157862)
Innocent, no. If it came out that she barked at him to pull her hair halfway through it, I'd totally buy it.

But I do think there's enough truth to it that we'd be pissed off if it happened to someone we cared about. It does seem like there's an excellent chance that she was awfully reluctant about the sex and tried to demonstrate that several times.

Then again...she bought 'the light hurts my eyes'. Nobody in the history of the world has ever bought 'the light hurts my eyes'....

Dixon is pretty ugly. Just want to clear that up.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157872)
Lost in all this is that Dixon clearly hasn't grasped the change in conferences.

20 minutes and he needed to be jerked off? Mike - that is not SEC speed.

There's a reason he wanted the lights off and didn't return the texts.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157871)

Now let's play ball.

Yeah, he had to sit out the Battle for Atlantis. I agree that his time has been served at this point.

Lesson learned - don't be a shithead.

No go hit a jumper or two because Keion Bell is playing like ass.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157876)
Dixon is pretty ugly. Just want to clear that up.

College girls love the dick.

It's Columbia. It's easier than falling out of a boat.

Sorter 11-27-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157883)
College girls love the dick.

It's Columbia. It's easier than falling out of a boat.

Yup. LMAO

SAUTO 11-27-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157851)

The text right after he left is the most telling to me.

Nothing about not wanting it anywhere there.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9157918)
The text right after he left is the most telling to me.

Nothing about not wanting it anywhere there.
Posted via Mobile Device

The "I'm sorry" text? Yeah, dude was probably a little surprised that she backed that up by going down to the police station to talk about rape.

If he doesn't bolt right after she got him off, there's no story.

Saul Good 11-27-2012 07:57 PM

Funny that she texted Mike that he "used" her but told the cops he "raped" her.

SAUTO 11-27-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157927)
The "I'm sorry" text? Yeah, dude was probably a little surprised that she backed that up by going down to the police station to talk about rape.

If he doesn't bolt right after she got him off, there's no story.

probably jizzed in her eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-27-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9157938)
Funny that she texted Mike that he "used" her but told the cops he "raped" her.

The two are synonymous, aren't they?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9157948)
probably jizzed in her eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

Do NOT do that without permission first.

You'll be amazed how personally they take it.

Saul Good 11-27-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157973)

I don't think I want to meet the girl who gives the go ahead on dotting the eye.

SPATCH 11-27-2012 08:09 PM

TIL that I also committed rape in college.

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157860)

True.

So the university is now expelling students for being douchebags? That's what I don't get about this.

"Mr. Dixon, you were not a gentleman to the little lady, who merely wanted a platonic relationship (in her pajamas, in the dark, on her bed, kissing ...). We deem thee unworthy of being a True Son."

****. That. Shit.

Was that rule in force when I was in school there? If so, I know at least a dozen guys who fit that bill. And they graduated.

O.city 11-27-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9157992)
True.

So the university is now expelling students for being douchebags? That's what I don't get about this.

"Mr. Dixon, you were not a gentleman to the little lady, who merely wanted a platonic relationship (in her pajamas, in the dark, on her bed, kissing ...). We deem thee unworthy of being a True Son."

****. That. Shit.

Was that rule in force when I was in school there? If so, I know at least a dozen guys who fit that bill. And they graduated.

Did you go there for free? Did you sign something stating you would stay away from shit like this?

I'm not saying he should be suspended or should even miss games. But I do think these college athletes should be held to a higher standard than a refusal college student

duncan_idaho 11-27-2012 08:24 PM

Man, this is just a sad situation.

Wish this hadn't come out, for her sake and for his. Nobody comes out of this a winner.

Pretty clear why the DA did not press charges, though. No way in hell that would ever warrant a conviction.

There are rumors she wasn't just sending him texts after the night in question, too...

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158021)
Did you go there for free? Did you sign something stating you would stay away from shit like this?

I'm not saying he should be suspended or should even miss games. But I do think these college athletes should be held to a higher standard than a refusal college student

What did he do? What's the code he broke?

http://conduct.missouri.edu/?page_id=347

A. JURISDICTION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI generally shall be limited to conduct which occurs on the University of Missouri premises or at University-sponsored or University-supervised functions. However, nothing restrains the administration of the University of Missouri from taking appropriate action, including, but not limited to, the imposition of sanctions under Section 200.020©, against students for conduct on or off University premises in order to protect the physical safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.

B. CONDUCT for which students are subject to sanctions falls into the following categories:

4. Physical abuse or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person.

9. Disruptive or disorderly conduct or lewd, indecent, or obscene conduct or expression.

Does a booty call fall under No. 9?

Serious question: Do scholarship athletes abide by a different, more strict code than this one? I don't know.

In general, yes, I like to think athletes are held to a higher standard -- by their coaches and teams. That's why they get suspended from playing. I'm a little uncomfortable, though, with the university officially treating them differently, suspending them from classes or expelling them for conduct they would not punish the same if it were, say, me.

And do you just draw the line with high-profile athletes? What of students on academic scholarships? We're actually officially PUNISHING douchebaggery?

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:30 PM

Look, before I come off looking like a d-bag in this, too, know that I read the details to my 17-year-old son and gave my opinion of the woman's actions -- and then told him that if a girl says no, just stop right there. Stop. Don't assume that no means yes. Just take her word at face value.

And if she goes and tells her friends that you're a pussy because you didn't continue past the fake no, then you don't want to be with a girl who plays dangerous games like that anyway.

Don't be Mike Dixon.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158021)

What did he sign? What the hell are you talking about?

Haith suspending him shows that he's holding his athletes to a higher standard, and this incident, based on what we've read, warranted no suspension.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9158064)
Look, before I come off looking like a d-bag in this, too, know that I read the details to my 17-year-old son and gave my opinion of the woman's actions -- and then told him that if a girl says no, just stop right there. Stop. Don't assume that no means yes. Just take her word at face value.

And if she goes and tells her friends that you're a pussy because you didn't continue past the fake no, then you don't want to be with a girl who plays dangerous games like that anyway.

Don't be Mike Dixon.

That's probably the way to use this experience.

I know I'd have damn sure listened when I was 17 if I saw a guy like Dixon get beat up like this over something as simple as him not moving onto the next girl.

You do not !@#$ around with crazy strange. Undiscovered pussy needs to be on double-secret probation. The moment things turn sideways even a little bit, pull the ejection handle. At worst you take a cold shower and get back on the horse the next day.

That's a hell of a lot better than banging a bunny boiler and having your name in the paper or a dead cat in your mailbox.

O.city 11-27-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9158092)
What did he sign? What the hell are you talking about?

Haith suspending him shows that he's holding his athletes to a higher standard, and this incident, based on what we've read, warranted no suspension.

I'm sure the athletes have some type of code of conduct agreement that is a little stricter than a general student.

I'd venture to say that he was held out until the investigation was completed but seeing what we know now, looks to be no charges or need to continue to be suspended

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158115)
I'm sure the athletes have some type of code of conduct agreement that is a little stricter than a general student.

I'd venture to say that he was held out until the investigation was completed but seeing what we know now, looks to be no charges or need to continue to be suspended

This isn't high school. I never had to sign a thing in college.

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9158119)
This isn't high school.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WtiH4RCdYTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good 11-27-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158115)

Has anyone ever told you you're not an idiot? If they did, they lied.

O.city 11-27-2012 09:37 PM

So you guys don't think that a player should be held out of play while they have rape allegations against them or that collegiate athletes should be held to a higher standard

Sorter 11-27-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158292)
So you guys don't think that a player should be held out of play while they have rape allegations against them or that collegiate athletes should be held to a higher standard

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/B...156/229532.gif

O.city 11-27-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9158286)
Has anyone ever told you you're not an idiot? If they did, they lied.

Not very often

Side bar, did you ever make It to the majestic?

Saul Good 11-27-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158309)
Not very often

Side bar, did you ever make It to the majestic?

Still no, unfortunately. If I do, I'll shoot you a PM. I'll tell you you aren't an idiot, but I won't mean it.

O.city 11-27-2012 09:50 PM

It's all good.

It's def worth the trip, good food

KC_Connection 11-27-2012 09:52 PM

So Dixon's a douchebag. Big surprise there. But he shouldn't be expelled for it. I doubt Haith will hold him out much longer unless somebody is stopping him from doing so.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 09:53 PM

Bottom line is don't ditch until morning - bite the bullet and spend the night. She won't go as crazy on your ass.

SAUTO 11-27-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157973)

yeah I haven't met the one who likes it.

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock 11-27-2012 10:42 PM

If that story is accurate, the GIRL is the douchebag. Dixon didn't do anything wrong, it seems. There's nothing in that story that even hints at rape.

If it were up to me, he'd be reinstated immediately. He's getting railroaded. And as a KU fan that has seen all sorts of knee jerk reactions to stories about KU players from MU fans, if I'm saying this, that's saying something.

Sure-Oz 11-27-2012 10:55 PM

That chick looks beat, wtf was he thinkin.

Pitt Gorilla 11-27-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157871)

Now let's play ball.

That's the crazy part. If Dixon wanted to get laid, I'm guessing there are other opportunities that wouldn't have been this difficult. Dude deserves his suspension for being stupid.

Silock 11-28-2012 12:49 PM

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/m/...el-dixon-case/

Police report is a bit different from the newspaper report.

duncan_idaho 11-28-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9159378)
http://www.columbiamissourian.com/m/...el-dixon-case/

Police report is a bit different from the newspaper report.

Looks like Walentik must have gotten the second report (from her follow-up visit) first, or they focused on that statement more than the first one.

That's where some of the details in the paper (Yelling at him, the statement about basketball players wanting to sleep with all the girls, etc) report seem to originate from.

Still not much there, other than he-said, she-said.

The rape kit was done within the viable window, and it turned up nothing that could be used. That's usually the tipping point, unless there's a witness or something else to be used as proof of the accusations.